Yona of the Dawn - Vol. 35 Ch. 201 - Gloom

I agree with the Translator notes here. Thought Hak was invincible but instead he gets knocked out by an old man? Smh. Stop kissing and start talking

jak

Contributor
Sigh, so Hak and Yona will be separated even longer now? I really hope this doesn't go the way of that Shirayukihime manga.

Also, find it kind of hard to believe Hak was beat so easily.

@Slinkype and @jak that "old Man" was the strongest warrior of the kingdom. He trained Hak and yona's cousin. Another thing that I wanted to say is that the war that is coming up is the one we saw at the prologue, where Yona is fighting in the cliff with her bow and arrows!!!!!! That means we are nearing one of the main points of the story!

omg does this mean it’s heading towards a climax! I just want the dark dragon and the happy hungry bunch to end up happy and alive

Dex-chan lover
Didn't Hak say in this chapter itself he allowed himself to be captured. The old man is definitely strong but so is Hak, so a fight isn't likely to end quickly between the two of them. So for it to end swiftly, wouldn't it make sense to be as he said. That he knew being captured would allow himself to gain more information on the situation.

Power Uploader
@xinneth Hyoo-ri didn't train Hak. Mundok did.

Seriously, Hyoo-ri is the greatest Arse Pull of this series and this author. His introduction throws out of the window all her hard work playing Hak up as invincible, able to stand shoulder to shoulder with the Four Dragons, even allowing for speculation that he might be the Shield or the Sword of the prophecy. You don't just change a character from "overpowered" to "only alive because of plot armour" in the course of a series without being called slipshod in your handwriting. Kusanagi did it in the course of one chapter and we're supposed to swallow that?

Why wasn't Hyoo-ri following Soo-won around in Awa and the Water Tribe? Heck, why wasn't Hyoo-ri tailing Yu-hon instead of Kei-shuk?

Rubbish, I say. Even if Hak defeats Hyoo-ri later (How so, because his having a sword instead of his glaive was a handicap? Give me a break!), the damage is done. He completely lost to Soo-won's bodyguard, which means he never was a threat to Soo-won in the first place. So all the tension on that front was a sham.

What a stupid move, Kusanagi. The only thing that could bring this series any lower would be if the senjuusou were actually able to cure Soo-won.

Hak himself said once that he was not the strongest person in the kingdom. It was during one of the tournament, he said that the strong ones don't always participate and he was thinking of Soo Woon's sword master. It can't be see as a plot armour as it was already imply several volumes ago that against him Hak wasn't sure he could win.

To everyone complaining, Kyle Sons first words implied that Hak let himself be captured in order to get some actual answers. Knowing how the old man and everyone around Su Won acts if Hak had lost he would have been killed on the spot.

Dex-chan lover
I've literally wanted nothing more than to see them kiss freely without that "But do they really love?" shit. Sucks that it has to be between bars but I'll take what I can get!

Dex-chan lover
@Blurrei @xinneth The mangaka stated in an interview last year that Yona's plot is 70% complete (as of Aug 2019). https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2019-08-23/yona-of-the-dawn-manga-is-70-percent-complete/.150347

Finally they spend time together. Honestly no chapter has felt right since they separated.

Aggregator gang
Didn't Hak let himself get defeated so that he could confirm his suspicion? Also, about Min-soo knowing what has happened, he is one of the people who knows about the kingdom's secret so he might have heard passing words. This isn't even the first time it happened remember when he overheard an information about war and he went to inform Yona about it?

Users who are viewing this thread