Yondome wa Iya na Shizokusei Majutsushi - Ch. 54 - Unexpected Meeting

Yeah, but I feel he should be doing more to atone. Simply put because the adoption of Sellen isn’t very developed at this point it feels like self fulfillment for Heinz just to say that he’s doing something. I mean hell he literally uses the girl bait to draw out vampires and Alda extremists. What makes it worse is he forgives the extremist for trying to kill his adopted daughter only because they’re human. While I’m not trying to say that sparing the vampires is the right choice I feel as though not having the same standard for both humans and vampires doesn’t make what he’s doing right. He should either kill both or let both go. Also I don’t hate him because the narrative says to I simply hate Heinz as a character and the archetype he stands for. The self righteous hero who doesn’t understand the bigger picture and never takes the time to do so. Who constantly thinks what he’s doing is right no matter. Lastly I can see he doesn’t grow from the last fight Heinz and Van have in WN. While Van’s life was not in the line. During the final clash when Heinz was going to die and have his soul broken. Let me preface this by saying around this time I believe it stated that both Heinz and Van has somewhat comparable Attribute values meaning they should both have similar reaction times. You know what happens the god who was in charge summons a perfect copy of Darcia. And Van being himself doesn’t go through with his attack and instead protects his mom even he she was a clone. While Heinz who mind should have a similar reaction time should be able to do the same instead finished his attack piercing Van. Then says right afterwards he’s sorry or some bullshit and acting like hypocrite. He had enough time to not attack if he truly wanted to. While I’m not saying it would’ve been the right action it shows he truly doesn’t think his actions are wrong. The fact that his allies have to use such underhanded tactics to let him also irks me and shows people that Alda’s side is not the just and righteous as it says it is.
What? No, Heinz doesn't use Selen as bait. Where are you getting that from?

You can basically ignore anything Edgar says because he's Mr. "I'm so practical I have to provide practical reasons for practically anything I do practically".
As for the big picture, it's actually Van who doesn't see the big picture. If he did he would've made use of the countless opportunities he's had to reconcile with Heinz. Heinz, for his part, has always tried to reach out to Van and even was willing to give up his life as long as Van promised to spare his allies. He changed his mind after Van consumed Gudurnis but that's more due to not being able to trust that Van could hold back Guduranis' corrupting influence and Van not explaining that Guduranis was effectively destroyed when he consumed him.

Dex-chan lover
It still annoys me that the woman is allowed to become one of Vandaliu's close related people when she is such a shit person. Don't remember what happens to the guy but I think he just doesn't matter anymore
but she has large breasts so its ok

Fed-Kun's army
As for the big picture, it's actually Van who doesn't see the big picture. If he did he would've made use of the countless opportunities he's had to reconcile with Heinz. Heinz, for his part, has always tried to reach out to Van and even was willing to give up his life as long as Van promised to spare his allies. He changed his mind after Van consumed Gudurnis but that's more due to not being able to trust that Van could hold back Guduranis' corrupting influence and Van not explaining that Guduranis was effectively destroyed when he consumed him.
You're forgetting that every time Heinz tried to reach out it was always with caveats that Van had to sacrifice things. Like Heinz told him that undead were something that shouldn't exist and should be destroyed, because Van wouldn't be able to live forever and they would go out of control again when he died. Only when he realised that Van would live forever did he think it was wrong to tell him to kill his family/friends. Right afterwards Van ate Guduranis and we're back at square one.
Heinz always looks at everything from his perspective of what is 'good'.

Dex-chan lover
What? No, Heinz doesn't use Selen as bait. Where are you getting that from?

You can basically ignore anything Edgar says because he's Mr. "I'm so practical I have to provide practical reasons for practically anything I do practically".
Naw he did use her as bait it was right before Heinz’s party was gonna challenge the trial of Zakkart. While Van was clearing. Secondly while not making perfect sense Van did make justification being that he didn’t Heinz or any of the other people in party to take his loved ones away which I believe he made this justification when he meets them in the training dungeon. Which is no where near a good justification it’s still justification and one that’s proven correct later in this fight when Heinz still stabs through the Darcia clone and into Van. Lastly while say that Van should’ve reconciled Van had already made clear that it doesn’t matter how many people Heinz saved form Visa’s races or really any person he will never forgive them for what they’ve done. Van rejects the notion that so long as someone saves more people than they kill or harm the person in question is good. He rejects rhis thinking because of the feelings of love and care he received from Darcia that he’s never received in the two other lives he lived.

Fed-Kun's army
how did he know Van's name?
Pretty sure Darcia said it before she was burned. Also in this lands version of Japanese it likely seems easier to pick the first character of Darcia out of the second character of Vandalieu and put together that the 7 year old Dhampir may be the kid of the witch you killed 7 years ago with a similar name.

Naw he did use her as bait it was right before Heinz’s party was gonna challenge the trial of Zakkart. While Van was clearing. Secondly while not making perfect sense Van did make justification being that he didn’t Heinz or any of the other people in party to take his loved ones away which I believe he made this justification when he meets them in the training dungeon. Which is no where near a good justification it’s still justification and one that’s proven correct later in this fight when Heinz still stabs through the Darcia clone and into Van. Lastly while say that Van should’ve reconciled Van had already made clear that it doesn’t matter how many people Heinz saved form Visa’s races or really any person he will never forgive them for what they’ve done. Van rejects the notion that so long as someone saves more people than they kill or harm the person in question is good. He rejects rhis thinking because of the feelings of love and care he received from Darcia that he’s never received in the two other lives he lived.
Oy, use spoilers.
Can you tell me which chapter that is because I don't recall Heinz ever intentionally using Selen as bait. He knew that vampire hunters would go after her eventually, but that's not the same as using her as bait.

You're totally missing the point of Van protecting NotDarcia. What that showed is the Vandalieu is show insane and delusional that he'd prioritize a fake copy that he himself knows is not real over his own safety. Any logical person would've just attacked through such on obvious fake, which is what Heinz did.

Again, Van himself acknowledges that his desires are selfish, and that if he were to look at what would be better for society, Heinz is in the right. He just doesn't care. That's an integral part of Van's character and what makes him such a good protagonist.

Dex-chan lover
Oy, use spoilers.
Can you tell me which chapter that is because I don't recall Heinz ever intentionally using Selen as bait. He knew that vampire hunters would go after her eventually, but that's not the same as using her as bait.

You're totally missing the point of Van protecting NotDarcia. What that showed is the Vandalieu is show insane and delusional that he'd prioritize a fake copy that he himself knows is not real over his own safety. Any logical person would've just attacked through such on obvious fake, which is what Heinz did.

Again, Van himself acknowledges that his desires are selfish, and that if he were to look at what would be better for society, Heinz is in the right. He just doesn't care. That's an integral part of Van's character and what makes him such a good protagonist.
He uses Selen as bait a couple chapters before he starts waiting for the trial of Sakkart to appear while Van is clearing it. For your other point it does prove that he’s being insane however it also proves Van’s justification that Heinz will take the ones Van loves away. Furthermore the reason why he loves Darcia and the others so much I just due to the care to the unconditional love and care he gets from them that he never received any of his other lives. Also Van is literally insane as you stated however no matter nature he may seem he’s still very emotionally stunted. Seen time and time again where he does get mad over small things when it comes to his mother and others. Along with the plausible fear that his companions have whenever someone tries to tick Van off. Heinz and everyone else also knew that this plan with fake Darcia would work wholly based off the fact they know Van isn’t a soulless murder machine the like Alda thinks he is. Yes, I and everyone else agrees Van want to kill Heinz is selfish. However him wanting to do it is because he’s able to make plausible justification from repeated actions where in which Heinz gets people that Van loves killed. Lastly Heinz himself agrees that Van is able to do a lot more good and has already done a lot more good for the world and races inhabiting it than Heinz and his party have ever done. Which shows to me that Heinz is basically useless. Meaning the only thing he can incur for Van is loss of people he loves.

Fed-Kun's army
Have you finished the WN?... The last part is not entirely accurate... Atleast initially thats what he wanted. But later he goes the Alda way and says "i have to take you out Vandalieu for your good and for the greater good. I'd rather not kill you, but if you die a 1000 yrs or so years from now your underlings will be left unchecked. So i have to eliminate you now, do not resist" and such bullshit.
Yeah I didn't want to go into too much detail but I was not happy with how the last arc ended but this is such a long running power fantasy story our MC will overcome everything at some point anyways

Double-page supporter
Yeah I didn't want to go into too much detail but I was not happy with how the last arc ended but this is such a long running power fantasy story our MC will overcome everything at some point anyways
Could you give me some spoilers to what will happen with old classmates (especially the guy who got his powers and the girl he saved)?
They are married and have a child in the other world, don't they? Do they know what they did to him at some point? Will there also be a showdown?Thanks in advance!

Dex-chan lover
Its was pretty decent tbh.. kinda Dragon ball z and GT kinda climax. But it was ok for how it went about and closed up all the threads. Even the penultimate arc before the final one was pretty good.

Dex-chan lover
Could you give me some spoilers to what will happen with old classmates (especially the guy who got his powers and the girl he saved)?
They are married and have a child in the other world, don't they? Do they know what they did to him at some point? Will there also be a showdown?Thanks in advance!
Yes the come to know about it eventually, there is a whole lotta stuff happening over in that world, betrayals backstabbing,etc. All in regards to controlling the Death magic and the other Amemiya and the girls second child (a daughter) is the target. She has death magic powers and our boy Vandelieu helps big time. He is a kinda watchful protector/imaginary friend for the girl. In the end everything is smoothened out and they are thankful and van doesn't blame them(just those 2 and a few others). There are some who come for vandalieus head though.. some spicy revenge is served up

Double-page supporter
Yes the come to know about it eventually, there is a whole lotta stuff happening over in that world, betrayals backstabbing,etc. All in regards to controlling the Death magic and the other Amemiya and the girls second child (a daughter) is the target. She has death magic powers and our boy Vandelieu helps big time. He is a kinda watchful protector/imaginary friend for the girl. In the end everything is smoothened out and they are thankful and van doesn't blame them(just those 2 and a few others). There are some who come for vandalieus head though.. some spicy revenge is served up
Thanks for the reply!

Fed-Kun's army
That is not the word to use here. Even if it's a dialect thing (which it doesn't seem to be, but I won't discount the possibility), you should be aware of what that means. Even when used to refer to "women in general", it still applies a sexual connotation. And that is not the thing to say when you see new child character. It doesn't matter if you're thinking it in your head; do not share it aloud or post it on public forums. Ignoring the moral and social issues, there's no point in doing it since you will get flack for it (as you're no doubt experiencing presently).
Get bent

Asking for Heinz and other 4 fate if SpearHero and Priest get breakiing soul what happen to Heinz and his Party???

Users who are viewing this thread