Yondome wa Iya na Shizokusei Majutsushi - Vol. 12 Ch. 56 - Princess's Whereabouts

Dex-chan lover
That curse is canceled out by the twenty years mc spent as a dangerous lab rat, where he would be punished if he showed any emotion, on the off-chance it's a precursor to retaliating against the staff. They would punish even eye twitches, so when he learned to suppress them, they replaced his eyes and put chips in his brain to monitor him constantly, before just cutting all his motor functions, for safety.
...what are you talking about? Is that from the LN/WN?

The curse was done in this reincarnation so he wouldn't be able to feel anything toward the PoS god who reincarnated him and just accept his last death before a "pure, clean reincarnation (as in, without memories nor anything else besides his soul)". Unfortunately to that fuckface, it did jack shit and only manifested physically instead of mentally (at least from my recollection RN). I believe at most it helped him remain in control and focused even after they kill his mother and under a few other emotionally strenuous moments, until recently where he developed and starting mastering his soul manipulation.

Dex-chan lover
...what are you talking about? Is that from the LN/WN?

The curse was done in this reincarnation so he wouldn't be able to feel anything toward the PoS god who reincarnated him and just accept his last death before a "pure, clean reincarnation (as in, without memories nor anything else besides his soul)". Unfortunately to that fuckface, it did jack shit and only manifested physically instead of mentally (at least from my recollection RN). I believe at most it helped him remain in control and focused even after they kill his mother and under a few other emotionally strenuous moments, until recently where he developed and starting mastering his soul manipulation.
No the curse was done so that he would die as a baby abandoned for being creepy, before he could recover any previous life memories. The second curse is to keep his previous life experience from giving him any skills that might prevent that premature death, and the third curse is in case he manages to live long enough to learn about the Job system, so he can be cast out by society for being an incompetent with absolutely no Job prospects. All three are so he dies quickly and miserably, they have nothing to do with his feelings towards the God of reincarnation.

As for the stuff in my comment, you probably don't remember then, but that's the first couple chapters of this manga.

Dex-chan lover
No the curse was done so that he would die as a baby abandoned for being creepy, before he could recover any previous life memories.
Oh, I had forgotten that bit (just reread the first few chapters). For some reason I thought it was part of the curse as the god had casted it while "asking" him to forget about his feeling of resentment toward him, and that it was supposed to be mental as well. Damnit.

As for the stuff in my comment, you probably don't remember then, but that's the first couple chapters of this manga,
I mean, I remember the lab stuff, but I don't remember the author showing anywhere, in the manga, that experience being relevant to how he overcame that curse.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, I had forgotten that bit (just reread the first few chapters). For some reason I thought it was part of the curse as the god had casted it while "asking" him to forget about his feeling of resentment toward him, and that it was supposed to be mental as well. Damnit.

I mean, I remember the lab stuff, but I don't remember the author showing anywhere, in the manga, that experience being relevant to how he overcame that curse.
It's not overcome, it's just irrelevant, when he was already forced to kill his feelings just to live twenty miserable years. That's what I meant by canceled out, he's already used to not having his feeling show on his face, it doesn't make him anymore depressed to have a curse that makes him like that.

Dex-chan lover
It's not overcome, it's just irrelevant, when he was already forced to kill his feelings just to live twenty miserable years. (...) it doesn't make him anymore depressed to have a curse that makes him like that.
...huh? What?

I mean yeah I guess it is...but my point wasn't ever that, but that he's been able to actually show emotion physically recently, even with the curse that should make it impossible still on.

Like yeah, at most there's like one scene where he felt sad because he couldn't show his mother how happy he was or something early on, but beyond that it hasn't bothered him, we have been shown that much.

Users who are viewing this thread