Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai

Group Leader
Need a translation.
Using the anime as a reference is viable.
each chapter of this manga is very long, like chapter 1 is approximately 70 pages long, so I think many translation teams will not have much time to translate an extremely long manga, or maybe they are translating but haven't finished it yet. btw, sorry for the previous message

Dex-chan lover
each chapter of this manga is very long, like chapter 1 is approximately 70 pages long, so I think many translation teams will not have much time to translate an extremely long manga, or maybe they are translating but haven't finished it yet. btw, sorry for the previous message
70 pages per chapter? They decided to adapt the anime frame by frame?

Dex-chan lover
Not exactly, while the plot still follows the direction of the anime, the dialogue and setting have been altered.
How? I wouldn't be surprised if they added more fanservice to motivate people to buy the manga, but probably not enough to change the setting.

Dex-chan lover
Is this Girl's Love?
In the twitter thread, the author implied that it's up to the viewer, but based on how the show has progressed, I'd say it does have a chance of becoming clear one in the end. Depends on whether the author took a similar approach to yuri as Naoko Yamada, separating yuri from conventionally realistic lesbian love.

Im honestly very confused now about it being gl or not. Every site I‘ve checked doesnt say anything about it and neither does mangadex now either. In fact, everywhere where there could’ve been a gl or yuri tag there wasnt which got me to doubt all this in the first place. And if the author said its up to the viewer arent they basically pulling that „Very good friends who might be seen as girlfriends“ thing? The anime is currently progressing towards gl with Kano calling Mahiru by her first name and what happend in episode 5 but it still leaves doubts…. I honestly still really hope that in the end of the anime they‘ll make it clear. Let‘s hope its gl :pepehmm:

Dex-chan lover
Im honestly very confused now about it being gl or not. Every site I‘ve checked doesnt say anything about it and neither does mangadex now either. In fact, everywhere where there could’ve been a gl or yuri tag there wasnt which got me to doubt all this in the first place. And if the author said its up to the viewer arent they basically pulling that „Very good friends who might be seen as girlfriends“ thing? The anime is currently progressing towards gl with Kano calling Mahiru by her first name and what happend in episode 5 but it still leaves doubts…. I honestly still really hope that in the end of the anime they‘ll make it clear. Let‘s hope its gl :pepehmm:
Calling someone by their first name is not strictly a romantic thing in Japanese, it is simply a sign that you consider the person close enough and important to you. In what sense depends on the context. But in general, this is a very common way to show that you consider the person a good friend. As for the tag, it is expected that the creators will ignore if it is not the main theme of the work, considered plot intrigue or is simply left up to the viewer. Not to mention that traditionally it is believed that this will interfere with the promotion of work that is looking for the widest possible audience.

Well, that's to be expected from a "up to the viewer" work. They tell you about formally platonic female friendships that are idealized and melodramatic enough for anyone to fantasize and read between the lines if they want. Standard practice. Except if it's yuri they'll just have to become girlfriends at the end, never understood the Western habit of ALREADY declaring characters to be an actual couple just because they're close. They can also use this to increase intrigue and hype among shippers before making it actual romance, but whether this is so, we will only find out in the finale. At the moment, Kano's VA is made a lot of hype for episode 9 for some reason, and it seems that the excessive focus on it in the past even caused the premiere stream to be deleted. Possibly because of the spoiler.

Calling someone by their first name is not strictly a romantic thing in Japanese, it is simply a sign that you consider the person close enough and important to you. In what sense depends on the context. But in general, this is a very common way to show that you consider the person a good friend. As for the tag, it is expected that the creators will ignore if it is not the main theme of the work, considered plot intrigue or is simply left up to the viewer. Not to mention that traditionally it is believed that this will interfere with the promotion of work that is looking for the widest possible audience.

Well, that's to be expected from a "up to the viewer" work. They tell you about formally platonic female friendships that are idealized and melodramatic enough for anyone to fantasize and read between the lines if they want. Standard practice. Except if it's yuri they'll just have to become girlfriends at the end, never understood the Western habit of ALREADY declaring characters to be an actual couple just because they're close. They can also use this to increase intrigue and hype among shippers before making it actual romance, but whether this is so, we will only find out in the finale. At the moment, Kano's VA is made a lot of hype for episode 9 for some reason, and it seems that the excessive focus on it in the past even caused the premiere stream to be deleted. Possibly because of the spoiler.
Okay then, Im going to look forward to episode 9 and see what they pull out with it. I‘ve just been generally confused by the tags and that‘s all. But what we should really be doing is waiting for the finals to see what the producers make of it 🙏

Dex-chan lover
Okay then, Im going to look forward to episode 9 and see what they pull out with it. I‘ve just been generally confused by the tags and that‘s all. But what we should really be doing is waiting for the finals to see what the producers make of it 🙏
Well, as far as I can see, someone got really tired of waiting and desperately already added GL tag to this, lmao. But seriously, if episode 9 really doesn't make things clear and don't be even simple yuri bait, then I think it will be a typical "up to the audience" like NOIR in the end.

Well, as far as I can see, someone got really tired of waiting and desperately already added GL tag to this, lmao. But seriously, if episode 9 really doesn't make things clear and doesn't be even simple yuri bai, then I think it will be a typical "up to the audience" like NOIR in the end.
Oh lol I came to check and it‘s rlly tagged as gl. Here‘s hoping. And you‘re really getting me excited for episode 9 now, at least we know now something will happen and if not in that episode then in the final ones for sure 🫡

Dex-chan lover
Oh lol I came to check and it‘s rlly tagged as gl. Here‘s hoping. And you‘re really getting me excited for episode 9 now, at least we know now something will happen and if not in that episode then in the final ones for sure 🫡
Something MAY happen because regardless of why the producers may have considered it a spoiler, she never made it clear why people should hype this episode. Judging by the spoilers for episode 8, the girls will have their first live or something like that. So I think episode 9 will somehow depict either that live or its consequences. But I’m not a telepath and no one told me any “secret insights”, so we can only wait and see for ourselves what the authors are preparing for us in the final episodes.

This is a classic for these types of shows or titles in general. Because of magical thinking, people greatly overestimate the power of tags, instinctively expecting that it will magically confirm the desired genre or tropes. For example, people were desperately begging for this tag for Gushing for Magical Girls on MAL, even though even without any tags it was obvious that it was ecchi yuri.

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah… i think the story definitely took a much different turn than everybody thought…

Dex-chan lover
Yeah… i think the story definitely took a much different turn than everybody thought…
Most people just didn't even think that the staff could tease the show's ending for any reason other than yuri. But it seems that this has become too personal for many people. Including for translators who stubbornly want to return the yuri tag to this, not even paying attention to the fact that the penultimate episode should be released this Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread