Yosuga no Sora Anthology - Vol. 1 Ch. 15 - As Sora-sama Said

Fed-Kun's army
Same thoughts honestly. I played the game and I loved it, but I disliked the anime. I didn't care about the other routes and played only Nao and Sora (excluding the fandisc), and what I can say is that the anime changed a lot of things for shock value.

Nao and Kozue see Haruka and Sora banging? Nope. Never happened in the VN. Haruka came to the door and the two connected the dots after seeing Sora soon approach dressed only in a sheet.

Haruka tries to bed Nao to forget about Sora? Ummm what? Never happened in the VN.

The anime is extremely rushed. You're supposed to feel like you ARE Haruka, living a slow life after certain tragedies. You're supposed to slowly adapt to country life and have mundane moments with all the characters with drama only very slowly building up.

12 episodes are far from enough to convey this story, and the simple acts of clicking the textboxes after reading the dialogue, the art of the visual novel, and the choices you make (though few) made you feel that much more immersed.

I also played the fandisc Haruka na Sora.
I enjoyed this mostly for Kozue's route. I did enjoy seeing the aftermath of the Sora route, but I wasn't that enthusiastic of the dramatic plots this time around. I always wanted to try being with Kozue and seeing her smile. I wanted to experience the joys and anxieties of being in a relationship with Kozue, and that's exactly what I got. The connection felt genuine and precious. The chemistry was amazing. This impression was in good part because we got to visit her home and we got to share intimate moments with her.

That being said, the fandisc also made me hate Ryouhei even more.
The fandisc tries to portray Ryouhei as a tragic hero. I don't remember the details but Nogisaka (the maid) had some relationship trouble and Ryouhei somehow offered to take the fall for it. As a result, he dropped down a year in school. Ryouhei tells us to take care of Nogisaka (it's her route). This is hard to take without disgust given how many times Ryouhei sexually harasses all the girls around him. He's had all the time and opportunity to become a peaceful man, but nope. He just keeps disgustingly sexually harassing the girls excessively. How can I as the brother of Sora not feel extremely disgusted being around this person?

This leads to my biggest complaint which is that the character mute setting doesn't work (both main and fandisc). Is it just the build of my game? Even School Days, a visual novel with pre-rendered scenes has this option work on every individual character.

But anyway, Haruka na Sora was a fun ride. I also extremely enjoyed the short stories about mundane life in the country and their counting down to the release of Yosuga no Sora. Makes me wish I lived in the Japanese countryside instead of this metropolitan state of not enough space and too expensive goods and services.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread