Your Scent is a Little Sweet - Vol. 3 Ch. 36 - Are You Willing to Be Marked by Me?

Dex-chan lover
Well, that was an abrupt escalation.

Correct me if I’m wrong on this: Marking in A/B/O effectively bonds you to that person for life, right?

Dex-chan lover

Correct me if I’m wrong on this: Marking in A/B/O effectively bonds you to that person for life, right?
It should based on the majority of shared lore...but there's also no hard fast rules. Kinda like with vampire stories. You have to wait for the author to hint at the rules they're deciding to follow and right now I don't think that one has been set yet.

How casually she offered makes me think it isn't for life, but then again she has no intention on being with anyone else either. She physically can't stand other omegas and emotionally doesn't want to be thoughtless player of an alpha so on her side she'd have no objections. And with an omega who is also denying her nature for personal reasons and just did a mutually beneficial deed... she'd probably shoot her shot either way.

Marking is usually an important step when it comes to A/B/O as it showcases how the relationship evolves and the trust both parties have on each other, that being said, not all the A/B/O marks are actually permanent. A kind of temporary mark exists in some iterations of the made up lore, and they work just like normal marks but disappear with time, I think the main difference is that they aren't as deep.
It is an interesting thing indeed, because in most iterations permanent marks are visible and not only that but often times change the pheromones of both involved parties, taking after one another.
I feel like it also important to point out that depending on the material you read a permanent mark is not always enough to bond you to someone for life, in a lot of the more romanticized versions an alpha marks an omega and only if the omega is allowed to mark the alpha back they can be bonded for life. The unfortunate thing is that if one of the parties dies, the mark doesn't disappear, which disallows moving on. You have to think of the permanent mark and bonding as a kind of marriage certificate that is relevant even if death does us part.

Marking is usually an important step when it comes to A/B/O as it showcases how the relationship evolves and the trust both parties have on each other, that being said, not all the A/B/O marks are actually permanent. A kind of temporary mark exists in some iterations of the made up lore, and they work just like normal marks but disappear with time, I think the main difference is that they aren't as deep.
It is an interesting thing indeed, because in most iterations permanent marks are visible and not only that but often times change the pheromones of both involved parties, taking after one another.
I feel like it also important to point out that depending on the material you read a permanent mark is not always enough to bond you to someone for life, in a lot of the more romanticized versions an alpha marks an omega and only if the omega is allowed to mark the alpha back they can be bonded for life. The unfortunate thing is that if one of the parties dies, the mark doesn't disappear, which disallows moving on. You have to think of the permanent mark and bonding as a kind of marriage certificate that is relevant even if death does us part.
Forgot to say that there are some places in which the permanent mark doesn't really exist and that means that you have to mark again after some time has passed, it can be interpreted as renewing vows, though this kind of system isn't very common.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation!

nooooo i hope nothing bad happened to zhixu's sister, strange how it just became radio silence

Dex-chan lover
I know the author can pull whatever from their ass but as of now its as if she just casually proposed to her.

I felt like this manwha was going a bit too slow but shit escalated quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread