Your Throne - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The Two Ladies of Rumor (1)

Dex-chan lover
"Add sugar to make it sweet." "Wow! You know so much!"
...lol wut? I guess Psyche is really...innocent.

@confused, honestly id guess she is more of a psychopath. I dont think she could be classed as an anti-heroine. I havent read pre-serialization so idk the story. But from this it just seems that she is just evil. Anti Heroe's do bad things for good reasons. This seems like bad things for bad reasons.

Wow, the art is gorgeous!
I'm excited to see how Medea is going to have her revenge on Psyche. Does MC genuinely like the Prince (and then goes full revenge mode like her namesake)? Or is she more attracted to the position of crown princess?

Group Leader
Okay so she's gone full 100 percent evil. I honestly don't think she's gonna have a good ending.

Shes even less sympathetic now. Like those edgy MCs that appeal to middle school kids who are tired of reading about good MCs. those CRAWWWWLINNNG IN MY SKIN protags who you have no idea why they became edgy and just make those psychotic faces half the time. Wow really subverted my expectations. How unique. 10/10 protags

At least in the last version you could see how she'd be a good ruler. Her it seems shes legitimately unhinged and would off anyone who spoke ill of her

And psyche is even more "innconet"(stupid) somehow. There exists two moral aligmetns in this manwha. Pshyocitc and stupid. Pick whihc one you perfer

@theilikepie
I think Medea and Psyche are the exact same as last time, same vibe and all. I don't see any difference in character/personality. Medea was cruel and strict, and Psyche was sheltered and belittled. It has always been psychotic vs stupid.

Group Leader
@QueenKumQuat no in this version she killed the dude who talked shit about her family quite cruelly. And her personality is more deranged. We also got confirmation in this one that she probably has gotten people she didn't like kiiled, when the last one implied she probably just threatend instead of actually doing it

Meanwhile, psyche asks questions i expect a 7-year-old to ask

I thought Medea was a grey protagonist but she seems more full on villainous this time around

So she’s going to be much more savage. I’m still hoping for some sort of partnership between Medea and Pysche. Even if it isn’t intentional or indirect. I do expect them to become work together.

Don’t write off Medea just yet because I’m certain the series will still follow the same flow with additional details. She’ll learn that Psyche isn’t as bright so she isn’t perceptive to how the prince treats & looks down on her. That was shown in the previous version. And Psyche may just learn why Medea is so hungry for the throne. I also expect Psyche to become more aware of her own obliviousness. If there isn’t any character development in the future then there is a reason to fret.

@theilikepie
For Medea,
she had *forgot his name* her loyal dog to do most of her dirty work. She definitely had ppl dealt with.
She always played hard ball, and thats what she's known for. I just think the way she dealt with the shit-talker was sloppy. She's supposed to be smarter than that. And Psyche was always a naive, optimistic fool since the beginning. But I don't remember the exact dialog of their little tea time, or the exact rumors going on regarding Medea's cruel nature, and I can't go back to check so I can't give a proper refute... just my speculation since I get the same vibes from both of them as before. So we can just agree to disagree.

But what I really don't get is how you figured Medea would've made a good ruler before.
She had a very strong obsession over the throne to the point where she would/did do ANYTHING to get it. I don't know why she wanted it so bad (maybe for family honor??), but it def wasn't in order to help the citizens.
Guess it just depends on your definition of a "good ruler". Is she smart and capable, can she play the role? Yes. // Does she care about the people, does she want whats best for everyone in order for the nation to prosper? No.

Well it's only the first chapter of the serialized version so we'll have to wait and see what direction the author decides to take. If you read the pre-serialization, I would say Medea was still ruthless and cunning and Psyche was naïve and ignorant, the only difference I can observe at this point is more the pacing of showing these qualities. With this first chapter it seems to be pushing these traits rather obviously and more quickly than I remember is the pre-s version but I'm sure the author has more to reveal about them.

Personally I do find Medea a pretty interesting protagonist in that her dark side is made rather clear. It's a part of who she is and there isn't any misunderstandings about it. She's not the character you necessarily rally for but the one you try to understand and wonder where she's heading and why. If this follows suit like the original version, I think Psyche will be the second protagonist so we'll also get to enjoy the contrast of the characters. I think overall this story isn't going to be a straight good vs evil but more of an exploration of the characters themselves.

Dex-chan lover
personally, i enjoy this manhwa particularly more than other "villainess noble girl" mangas because she's so villainous.

it seems like the author is trying to make a few things clearer in this revision, like how medea's mother fell ill because of confinement
(i heard from other commenters that her mother was imprisoned because she was framed but i'm not sure if it's true)
or how medea was originally supposed to be the crown princess through the princess selection but the prince personally chose psyche. in the pre-serialization translations, these weren't very clear and many people were confused.

really looking forward to seeing new developments!

Dex-chan lover
God I want 'evil' to prevail. I want her to get everything she wants. I WANT Psyche to fall miserably along with that horrid prince. I'm excited to see this serialized too. Pre-serialization was already getting interesting.

The name Medea means to ponder or cunning. In literature, Medea was a sorceress who helped Jason acquire the golden fleece, then he left her for another woman.
So yeah, I understand Medea's anger and god do I want her to fire it up and burn them all lmao.

EDIT: LOL why are some people so angry that we support the mc. Well maybe, just maybe, I'm tired of evil characters that are actually sheep in wolves clothing. Maybe I want someone who is ruthlessly evil and does not have to hide that fact, as well as does not deny it. The people she killed may be innocent, but the commoner was talking shit of her and her family (with implied desire to monopolize her) and the knight will sooner or later do something to her in service of his master. There is so much more to her and this story, also, let people enjoy :)

Is the comments full of edgy 10, year olds. Its be one thing if medea was likable like light yagami but shes an unlikable abusive POS. Are people only cheering her on becasse "hell yeah fuck good people. Medea is literally me and I'm so evil XD" awww baby's first villain character
This has a tragedy tag. No way is this gonna be good for her since she already murdered a bunch of innocent people. She's a whiny entitled bitchy brat who will fail horribly and lose what she already has. And understand what anger? She was not entitled to the crown and it's a good thing she didn't get or else she would have led the kingdom to doom and gotten assassinated. Fuck her terrible character and I hope the author dosen't pull out a sob backstory out of her ass. If this goes by the legend of her namesake shell probably end up murdering her family proved ones. She already fucking mental.

Hoo boy she's way too dense to be in such a position of power

Users who are viewing this thread