Yuureitou

Dex-chan lover
I really reccomend this manga. It can get weird at times, though.

Fed-Kun's army
Man this manga had slipped my mind. I lost track of it at some point when it was about midway through. +1 on the recommendation.

Fed-Kun's army
Quick note though, gender identity and dealing with gender identity and fluidity is a key theme so if that isn't your cup of tea don't read it and don't whine about it.

Fed-Kun's army
Incredibly smart plot, the characters cannot get enough praise, using black-and-white like a master. It was intense, but I enjoyed reading it a lot.
This manga is one in a thousand, you will not regret reading it.

Dex-chan lover
good thing they left out a certain tag that that would spoil the ending, if you read the ending you know what I'm talking about, also I never read this I found this on tvtropes but I'm gonna read it cause it interests me, I don't know if hinting at a spoil is a spoil so I just put this in a spoiler tag

I'm a bit dissapointed at how the plot was handled around 2/3's of the way through to the end. It gave me No Side flashbacks. But I loved the characters so damn much I can't bring myself to care about that. I highly reccomend you set aside both a weekend and your preconceptions to read it through.

Double-page supporter
Just recently finished this, it was a pretty fun ride. The only thing, I think, that detracts from the experience is the opium village arc: it was truly needless padding that did not contribute to the overall story or the development of the character arcs of Taichi and Tetsuo.

It makes me wanting the author to make another series set in either the later post-WWII Showa era (second half of the 60's-70's, 80's) or in contemporary Japan.

beginning to the middle is really superb, late- to the end is kind of turn off, but still one the greatest manga though

Thank you so much for translating this. I read this about 3 years ago and found it again today. Still the #1 manga in my heart. Nogizaka Tarou is a true sensei.

Fed-Kun's army
The last arc was insane, is like the author ended his real story and just smoked some opium and decided to continue writing. Great manga though.

It was a ride and i loved all of it. The themes are pretty unique, and it was fascinating to see the journey of all the characters.

It was quite good, I liked the characters a lot, the basic story was very intriguing and the artstyle is great.

But sadly it gets a good bit worse towards the end, the plot becomes a bit too much.

Also, the fanservice didn't sit right with me.
In addition, this manga should probably have the "Gore" warning, maybe even a "Sexual Violence" warning, and definitely a "Suggestive" rating at least

Exciting story and well written characters.

Pleasantly surprised to see major trans characters from a 2010 work -- the subject matter was generally well-handled in the narrative (for its time).

The author clearly put a lot of thought and research into the subject matter touching on things like gender fluidity, different levels of gender dysphoria, rejection/acceptance from gay/straight people alike etc. (albeit with some inaccuracies such as hormone effects on voice change)

However, my largest criticism is the excessive and inappropriate fan service of the one explicitly trans character that ended up severely undermining the messages the story had so painstakingly built up.

The author hints at a world where people who are different can live in dignity without fear of repercussion and violence and the protagonist staunchly supports affirming the trans masculine character's gender, yet said character has been portrayed scantily clothed with an accentuated feminine figure (often posing with a male character who is sexually interested in him as a woman) at least every other chapter since his gender identity reveal, so content warning for that as well I guess.

Also Mangadex should have a transgender tag -- though crossdressing and transgenderism are similar and can overlap they're still two distinct things and should have their own tags to better inform readers of what they're in for.

Users who are viewing this thread