Zanki x 99 - Vol. 3 Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
This one took me forever but by far was my favorite chapter, the way she was going on about how WE WEEBS ARE BEING DISTRICIMATED was my favorite thing ever haha, also i'm streaming the final chapter in less than 30 minutes over at
!

Dex-chan lover
this chapter definitely feels like the story is jumping the shark, but also I did like when Akira and Kaede are arguing about gender and crazy weeb girl just goes "ugh you fucking lesbians"

Also what an awful future to see, I too would rather die at that point yikes.

Dex-chan lover
this chapter definitely feels like the story is jumping the shark, but also I did like when Akira and Kaede are arguing about gender and crazy weeb girl just goes "ugh you fucking lesbians"

Also what an awful future to see, I too would rather die at that point yikes.
oh yeah there was a big change of mood in it but i loved it personally. i'd argue about the future she had that maybe she could have tried to avoid it but regardless Y I K E S

Dex-chan lover
So...reading this gave me a complete understanding of what it's like to be lobotomized. From the trans guy who likes men but still pops a boner at women (I'm guessing he never realized he was also bisexual), to the chick who created the game but still hadn't figured out the character was married with a kid and put them in...and also made a hentai monster for some reason.... It was like I was taken on a rollercoaster of "What if" just for the sake of it.

Not sure if I'll remember this in a few weeks or if I'll ever want to.

Dex-chan lover
....That was absolutely dreadful. It is rather obvious that Axe kun was dipping his fingers in that but still...

Rapid changes of mood, the time skip, moronic plotholes. This is really a shame as I enjoyed previous chapters so much.

Oh well, anyway as always thank you for amazing work and translating this chapter!

Dex-chan lover
Wait, how does the 1-up work if death in the game immediately translates into death in reality?

I suspected that there was a possibility that the player would then be replaced with some sort of AI clone, but the next chapter says otherwise.

The plot to this point was a little weak to begin with. Weak but enjoyable to some extend.
This breaks the whole thing beyond repair.

Even trying to rush the ending shouldn't allow for such an essential failure.

Dex-chan lover
Well you heard it here first folks: weebs are truly the most oppressed group in modern society...

Man this was so CLOSE to being great. I love the concept behind this; not to mention it also does a few little things that I personally really like and don't see very often in other mangas. Yet it's clear the author was told to wrap it up just when things were getting really exciting. I'll hold off further judgment until the very end, but it appears we have a textbook example of wasted potential on our hands.

Thanks for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit I haven't laughed that hard in ages! Kudos to this author for writing something genuinely hilarious.

You can tell that the ending was rushed for some reason or another so I guess they just said fuck it and turned what was left into a joke.

Dex-chan lover
How tf did the trans girl get revived if everyone supposedly dies irl as soon as they die in the game? I get that this probably got axed and had to rush an ending but this shit just doesn’t make sense. Regardless, thank you to the translators. It was fun enough while it lasted.
Think if the game ends with a win or loose, the "lives" are in the limbo, it explains why "1-up" exist to fight for.

Was that girl future an amputee pet for a pedophile? Yikes.

Dex-chan lover
Think if the game ends with a win or loose, the "lives" are in the limbo, it explains why "1-up" exist to fight for.
That would make sense, but that's not what the character said.
Their brains have been fried. They're dead now. A death in game shocks your brain to death.
If it just kept you alive but inactive, in limbo or something, that would have been fine.
But the very designer of the game said that the brain is fried at the moment of death. So 1-up are impossible unless they also have resurrection technology, which would invalidate the whole problem of dead players.
This is a major plot hole and that's what we're complaining about.

Dex-chan lover
That would make sense, but that's not what the character said.

If it just kept you alive but inactive, in limbo or something, that would have been fine.
But the very designer of the game said that the brain is fried at the moment of death. So 1-up are impossible unless they also have resurrection technology, which would invalidate the whole problem of dead players.
This is a major plot hole and that's what we're complaining about.
Yeah, you have a point there, that wasn't really thought out for such a major part of the story, being one character sacrificing herself bit by bit for her love one.

Game death should put person into comatose state not "brain fry", crude machine just shouldn't able to "process concept of death" and revival being "loading a save point" for a price of actually toasting the device because "once the game starts, it never ends until plugged out" reason why it's so rare in game.

But hey, it's just a lesbian and an oblivious trans woman bisexual romance story, let's not bother with details ;)

This was the most batshit manga chapter ever created, and I enjoyed every second of it.

Users who are viewing this thread