Zanki x 99 - Vol. 3 Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
...😑

Well I WANTED to at least give this an 8/10, which is something I rarely do for non-oneshot/non-doujin mangas that are this short. But I cannot in good conscience do that after an ending like this. This, to me, is a 7/10, and I feel I'm being generous.

This manga had an absolutely amazing concept to be while incorporating other elements that I personally like. Yet it's held back by not being given the chance to flesh itself out. I would have liked to see stages 3 and 4. I would have liked to see more creative deaths (as fucked up as that sounds). I would have like to see more and learn more about the mechanics surrounding the game.

But, as I alluded to in the last chapter, all we're left with is a lackluster ending and an abundance of wasted potential. It always feels like the ones with promise get cut before they can show what they can really do. Either way, I still enjoyed this, and I want to see something similar and longer-lasting from the author in the future.

Thank you for the translation (I would put weeb girl in A-tier, but she has really nice boobs so I'm ok with putting her in S-tier. Plus she's kinda funny so that helps).

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The cube girl doesnt survived?
I dont understand if the future isnt write, why the 98 girl dont want survive and evade the amputee future

Dex-chan lover
The cube girl doesnt survived?
I dont understand if the future isnt write, why the 98 girl dont want survive and evade the amputee future
She "bugged out", talking gibberish, even TN didn't bother. She's a vegetable.

The prophecy girl had pretty good accuracy and clear view of being force full amputee to being a pet/fuck doll, it just migh be kinda shocking enough to stop making rational decisions...
It's not like she had ability to make those visions at hand, looks like spontaneous thing.
Anyway, it's supernatural, kinda dumb thing in sci-fi story.

10/10 peak fiction. Even if it's technically "bad", at least the manga completely entertained me with it's absurdity.

Users who are viewing this thread