Zatch Bell! 2 - Vol. 3 Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
I just love how comical this chapter was but at the same time showing how serious the stakes can be. Gundam the Witch from Mercury being named dropped was definitely not something I expect in Zatch Bell. Thanks for the translations.

Dex-chan lover
I won't be surprised if the Rainbow Shield song are about Megumi and Tio's fights together and contains the names of the spells. We've known that the feelings and intent behind the spells are the most important part of it so I wouldn't be surprised if during the song Megumi and Tio somehow resonant with each other despite being so far apart

Dex-chan lover
Tio became soo badass !!

And I feel like the author have real control over his humor and the weight of this story, in this one chapter I laughed AND felt scared for the characters, very good writing !

Dex-chan lover
...what the fuck was Kiyomaro on that he kept silent through the mental assault on Gash?

The jokes and Tio being a bad ass is amazing...BUT WHAT THEEEEEE FUUUUUCKKKKKK-

He was dodging, true enough, but he can still use his power to give himself some leeway. Was the witch doing anything in particular to him that he couldn't do anything to try and emotionally support Gash, or is it part of the spell/technique the opponent is using that makes Gash unable to hear him? Even if it's for the drama, this kind of moment isn't one he'd normally just shut up and let Gash deal with alone.

Dex-chan lover
The last two panels of page 6 are truly Konjiki no Gash at its peak. I love the original and was enjoying this sequel too, but I had forgotten just how hilarious it could be until I saw one of the villains making that face again. All too familiar!

Dex-chan lover
Manga trying to make me think they're in a tight spot
Don't think I'm not onto you author
I know your tricks
No way anyone is dying here
This is too early for you. Gash and Kiyomaru haven't even started getting serious, and you expect me to believe for a second that best the Best Girl is going down with a single punch??? She could handle these bozos when she was still a kid, she's just holding back so the bystanders don't get hurt.

Dex-chan lover
lmao I hope the witch becomes a reoccuring character. Stupid gag is funny af.

Manga trying to make me think they're in a tight spot
Don't think I'm not onto you author
I know your tricks
No way anyone is dying here
This is too early for you. Gash and Kiyomaru haven't even started getting serious, and you expect me to believe for a second that best the Best Girl is going down with a single punch??? She could handle these bozos when she was still a kid, she's just holding back so the bystanders don't get hurt.
well we have a death on the first chapter so...

Users who are viewing this thread