Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi - Ch. 216

Dex-chan lover
Hmmm, might be wrong. Will edit comment out until verification.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
These two characters should never have been introduced into the series. Every interaction that they have should be the main two characters instead.

This is just uncomfortable and weird. Make him a 18-year-old kid who looks like a child. That’s literally what the MC is. Make this her 18 year old brother who looks 10. At least it wouldn’t be so gross. But instead they had to go there and make this about actual you know

Dex-chan lover
"Shota (Japanese: ショタ) is a term used in manga and anime fandoms to indicate sex involving an underaged boy, and is commonly used as a warning on fanfic." I'd say the term applies here still.
That's not what I'm contending about-- my point is that he's nearly of age, so it's not as if he's an outright kid despite the fact that he's a manlet and this is clearly onee/shota representation.

These two characters should never have been introduced into the series. Every interaction that they have should be the main two characters instead.

This is just uncomfortable and weird. Make him a 18-year-old kid who looks like a child. That’s literally what the MC is. Make this her 18 year old brother who looks 10. At least it wouldn’t be so gross. But instead they had to go there and make this about actual you know
You are 216 chapters into this manga. You have got to be taking the piss.

What in tarnation are you even complaining about? Two years? Maybe one?

If your only issue is the age, such that it can literally be the only thing that changes, why are you even agonizing over it?

And "18 year old brother"? So barely illicit age gap is a problem, but not sibling incest? Or is the point to eliminate the romantic undertones altogether? In which case, what would be the point of the age-up?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
turn around the roles, if you are ok with one but not the other...

aRebI9Y.png

Dex-chan lover
turn around the roles, if you are ok with one but not the other...
...then I'm a proud hypocrite with a type and a healthy distinction between reality and fiction. Next gotcha.

(But not really, I really enjoy Shiota-sensei to Amai-chan and find it regrettable that there's neither a corporate English release nor any willing fan scanlators. Age-gap relationships in fiction are good when they're good.)

Dex-chan lover
That's not what I'm contending about-- my point is that he's nearly of age, so it's not as if he's an outright kid despite the fact that he's a manlet and this is clearly onee/shota representation.

You are 216 chapters into this manga. You have got to be taking the piss.

What in tarnation are you even complaining about? Two years? Maybe one?

If your only issue is the age, such that it can literally be the only thing that changes, why are you even agonizing over it?

And "18 year old brother"? So barely illicit age gap is a problem, but not sibling incest? Or is the point to eliminate the romantic undertones altogether? In which case, what would be the point of the age-up?
Of course I don't mean just a number, make him act 18. He already is technically 16 but lets be real, he's 10 or 12 in the way he acts, the way he's drawn, he's a child not a teen.

This whole series is built off the "Loli who isn't a real loli and acts like an angry boss" logic. Apply it too the kid, but he instead gets the reverse where he's 16 but acts like a real child.

Dex-chan lover
Of course I don't mean--
No, that was what you meant. That's what you said. That's all you said:
Make him a 18-year-old kid who looks like a child.
Well, that, and alternatively:
Make this her 18 year old brother who looks 10.
If it was about a supposedly childish characterization, you would have never left it at this, because that would still be a problem if nothing changed except his age (especially if you think he's no different than a 10-12 year old boy). But why are you even expecting me to hammer out your propositions to be as good as possible?

He already is technically 16 but lets be real, he's 10 or 12 in the way he acts, the way he's drawn, he's a child not a teen.
He's characterized as a high school kid trying to look cool in front of a working adult that doesn't even consider herself more mature than him.

This whole series is built off the "Loli who isn't a real loli and acts like an angry boss" logic.
...we are not reading the same manga.

Shoot, am I lost?

Putting that aside, that still doesn't get to the crux of the issue, which is that you're agonizing over him not being exactly one or two years older, on chapter 216 of this manga.

I don't even get the issue-- at most, he's impressing her, but they haven't even held hands, let alone kissed.

Natsumi prioritized her own feelings instead of focusing on appreciating Futaba's happiness but Yuuto prioritized Natsumi's feelings instead of focusing on himself.

It's beautiful that Natsumi noticed this and rewarded Yuuto for caring about her feelings.
Damn, I didn't consider this too well. The "maturity" she's thinking about is probably in the context of what you mentioned, and is less an indication of the "general maturity" that'd be most relevant in terms of contributing to legitimizing an intimate relationship in the narrative.

I got carried away, only viewing one direction...

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Even though there’s an age gap the series does it in a very wholesome way. Being younger and attracted to someone older isn’t some new concept. He’s in high school and in 2 years he could technically even marry her. Don’t know why so many are freakin out about this situation from a manga and it’s not actually real life. The whole dynamic between the two is supposed to be similar to the FMC and the MC but in reverse. There are multiple series when two main characters have an age gap like Sensei wa Koi wo Oshierarenai,
Gyaru Sen, Henjo - Hen na Joshi Kousei Amaguri Senko, and Domestic Girlfriend. This is the most wholesome age gap relationship out of all those series. I don’t see anything inappropriate happening between the two of them.

Dex-chan lover
Even though there’s an age gap the series does it in a very wholesome way. Being younger and attracted to someone older isn’t some new concept. He’s in high school and in 2 years he could technically even marry her. Don’t know why so many are freakin out about this situation from a manga and it’s not actually real life.

We don't like it because the mangaka says he's nearly an adult but then goes and makes him look and act like a pre-teen child 90% of the time. To the point that I didn't even know he was supposed to be considered older than an elementary schooler until someone in the comments here pointed it out like, two chapters ago. (And tbh I still don't know any in-text sources for this ridiculous idea that his canonical age is as high as 16.)

Users who are viewing this thread