Heterogeneous Linguistics - Ch. 47

Double-page supporter
Hey, I think you made a oopsie and made this a oneshot from volume 47, instead of chapter 47.

Editing message now that that's corrected to thank the translators for their hard work, as I should have at first anyway!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
nice volume/chapter kaiserfraud
(thanks for the TL mate)

I really wonder which would be the better reading experience, going along the wild ride of figuring out the proper TL as the chapters are coming, or a jank free translation with the foresight of a finished series.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!

pretty sure that "the ones who like watching bad" are really just trying to be doctors. Considering that there's no doctors or medical teaching among monsters, they have to make do with "hey let's try giving these sick people these things and see if they get better" - which is understandably very weird and uncomfortable for the patients.

Also lol his sister is hilarious!

Anw, here's to hoping that Susuki just has a small cold and nothing bad happens.

Dex-chan lover
So the doctor guys do hurt people... thats interesting.

Dex-chan lover
Seconding that this sounds like a description of somewhat over-zealous doctors, through a filter of difficult language AND possible cultural mis-matches. "Attention" as meaning "Likes", right? If someone watches the ocean all day, you think 'I guess they like the ocean'. Someone watches a sick person all day, you think 'woah they like when someones sick...'.

Mind you do also get bad doctors.... or scam doctors....

I wonder if any of these monster folk experience urges to be alone when injured...?

Dex-chan lover
This author has a knack for keeping this story walking the tightrope between death and lighthearted. Sensei and Susuki in particular look vulnerable if not outright destroyed in page 2, and yet Keshoo's childhood fear of doctors is both comical and understandable at the same time.
As for the healers, it looks like they get people to hurt themselves so they can learn more ways to "fix" them and study their condition? Monster people always seem to leave their lives up to fate during their pilgrimage. Discovering how to survive complex injuries and ailments must've sparked their curiosity.
Human medical science had a similarly rocky history, maybe they're just trying to pull an Ibn Sina.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread