Dorei wo Choukyoushite Harem Tsukuru - Ch. 48

Dex-chan lover
Official Kyuukei Statement:
Kyuukei is brought to you by a single MALE degenerate. The Fox is just the mascot.
Thanks.
Since you're here, and since this TL disputes the way Conia's speech pattern is being rendered, I'd like to ask: Is "Henllo" in your TL an unintentional mispelling of "Hello", or deliberate? I'm genuinely curious about what led you to your final choice of translating that line.

Group Leader
But you at least crossplay as fox when scanlating right?
No comment. :haa:
Since you're here, and since this TL disputes the way Conia's speech pattern is being rendered, I'd like to ask: Is "Henllo" in your TL an unintentional mispelling of "Hello", or deliberate? I'm genuinely curious about what led you to your final choice of translating that line.
Conia says Konchiwa (コンチワ), which is a lazy way of speaking and shortening words. So I used henllo to convey the same lazy greeting.
love your work and always gets a laugh from that extra page (like that one ts, that had a diary of a little sister)
Thanks.

Dex-chan lover
Conia says Konchiwa (コンチワ), which is a lazy way of speaking and shortening words. So I used henllo to convey the same lazy greeting.
Wow, I don't know where that guy was getting that "she's talking just fine" bullshit from. Glad that I actually bothered to ask about this, showing how much of a fraud he is.

Sure, I personally would've gone with "H'llo" as a similar laziness-driven truncation of the intended word, but yours isn't exactly a bad choice in itself. Thank you for the work that you put into your translations.

Dex-chan lover
I decided to compare both versions side by side with the raw and came to a conclusion:
This version is terribly written as a piece of English writing. Sentences are awkwardly structured due to trying to fit the literal meaning of every single word back into each sentence directly. Often times this results in sentences that actually don't make sense, like "今日は大事な挨拶まわりの日なんですから" being translated to "Today is the day for courtesy visits" compared to kyuukei's "An important guest is coming to visit us today." The former is basically what you'd get if you were to look up every single word in the sentence in a dictionary and then put that together (poorly), where as the latter takes into account the meaning of the word, what is being communicated, what is going to happen, and what sounds natural in normal human speech, and puts it into a simple sentence.

This is my understanding of the differences between these versions after looking over them a bit. Be better BuyVelomobiles

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Wow, I don't know where that guy was getting that "she's talking just fine" bullshit from. Glad that I actually bothered to ask about this, showing how much of a fraud he is.

Sure, I personally would've gone with "H'llo" as a similar laziness-driven truncation of the intended word, but yours isn't exactly a bad choice in itself. Thank you for the work that you put into your translations.
How about just 'lo

Double-page supporter
Conia was made to sound like a retard when she was speaking just fine
No, it's not! Translating コンチワ (a short form of Konichiwa) to 'Henlo' is more accurate than 'Hey'; the later is not even a greeting!
Your translation makes her sounds more like a retard, IMO.

I decided to compare both versions side by side with the raw and came to a conclusion:
This version is terribly written as a piece of English writing. Sentences are awkwardly structured due to trying to fit the literal meaning of every single word back into each sentence directly. Often times this results in sentences that actually don't make sense, like "今日は大事な挨拶まわりの日なんですから" being translated to "Today is the day for courtesy visits" compared to kyuukei's "An important guest is coming to visit us today." The former is basically what you'd get if you were to look up every single word in the sentence in a dictionary and then put that together (poorly), where as the latter takes into account the meaning of the word, what is being communicated, what is going to happen, and what sounds natural in normal human speech, and puts it into a simple sentence.

This is my understanding of the differences between these versions after looking over them a bit. Be better BuyVelomobiles
He was banned from the forums for his critiques. But he asked me, I'm his PR for a group called Tulip of the Moon, to act as a go between for your conversations.

He wanted me to relay this to you:

You are absolutely right. I wasn't 100% on that line from the start, but seeing your comment made me look it over again. Not only did I make it sound stupid, and clunky, but she didn't even say that, to boot. I failed on basically every level there. I've gone ahead and fixed it now. Thanks, brother. Hope you keep this up!

P.S.: You're welcome to talk to me on Discord. I like criticism. 🙂

Dex-chan lover
He was banned from the forums for his critiques.
Now that's a blatant lie. What he was actually banned for was repeated abuse of forum users in breach of multiple forum rules--it's all documented there in the forum history and the Discord. Claiming otherwise is like saying he was arrested for driving a car when he was actually arrested for drunken driving. People got hurt and the authorities (here, the mods) took appropriate action. End of story.

If you're going to gaslight like this, why should the audience ever trust anything either of you have to say?

Now that's a blatant lie. What he was actually banned for was repeated abuse of forum users in breach of multiple forum rules--it's all documented there in the forum history and the Discord. Claiming otherwise is like saying he was arrested for driving a car when he was actually arrested for drunken driving. People got hurt and the authorities (here, the mods) took appropriate action. End of story.

If you're going to gaslight like this, why should the audience ever trust anything either of you have to say?
I don't think we are talking about the same incident here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread