Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru - Ch. 102

Dex-chan lover
So I've seen some comments about how Marin isn't excited about the professional cosplay offer, but as far as I remember Marin has never shown any interest in doing cosplay as anything but a hobby. She keeps her socials with all the cosplay photos private (or posts under a psuedonym to protect her privacy) if I remember correctly. The posts blowing up the internet are all from other people.

At past events she did photoshoots with people who asked but she also got to wander around and fangirl and get photos with other cosplayers too, but this time she was completely blocked from actually doing anything at the event by a literal wall of people who wouldn't leave her alone or let her take a break.

Since the very first cosplay all she has ever wanted was to dress up as her faves. She didnt seem to have any grand ambitions about going pro, she loves the characters and wants to dress up as them. Thats it. All this Haniel Arc drama was originally because she thought Haniel was hot and wanted to cosplay as her. Every cosplay has been, "Gojou, this girl hot! This girl is my fave! I want to be this one!" This time though when Gojou did the background research on the character to understand how to make the cosplay he seems to have gotten obsessed with Haniel, to the point of it being a detriment to himself and his relationship with Marin.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
:kek:ha ha ah...wheez...
omg, i just can't. this shit is too much!
the food bit when they just silently agreed that's it's better to cook for her than the alternative...

Dex-chan lover
maxresdefault.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Good timing for the hiatus. The author is cooking future arc where:
  1. Marin is choosing to try the agency by going full pro cosplayer gigs;
  2. The agency open a whole brand new possibilities for Marin to encounter more designer thats on Gojou level or even higher (lets insert manga usual trope equivalent to global icon Hermes, Prada, LV, Chanel, etc);
  3. One of the designer (lets insert manga usual trope foreign char with massive interest of japanese culture) got convinced that Marin has the high ceiling potential and sees her as the perfect model for their designs;
  4. With the designer and agency influence its only makes sense that Marin will get bigger stage to show the things she loves doing (cosplay) and getting a surge of attention more than the Haniel arc, which motivated her more now knowing the possibilities are endless with the world spreads open;
  5. Gojo will see this and knowing/being his usual self will only wishes the best for Marin future endeavors;
  6. Lets insert manga usual trope of drama where the designer is starting to have a feeling for Marin (not being a dense motherfucker and actually got balls to start things going) and she would start to realize/think back about what brought her to this stage which is Gojo;
  7. Insert manga usual trope love triangle arc here and there between Gojou-Marin-Designer;
  8. You know the rest.
Congratulations to the author now we secured a new pitch for the anime continuous seasons 🥳🎉👏

This series was such a refreshing take on rom-com manga with the FMC realizing early on how she felt and the MMC was working on his issues regarding him making things, now it's just filler drama that makes no sense realistically even for the plot. Marin was a popular girl in highschool that told a really attractive guy to take a hike because he insulted a keychain she had, she realizes she's in love with this dude that has no ulterior motives and doesn't think her hobbies are childish, starts doing amateur cosplay with him because of his efforts, and then is shocked that he would have a negative reaction to her standing in a sea of otaku dudes taking pictures of her and yelling out calling her a princess. Marin was a character aware enough of her own social standing to not care about the differences it caused and could call it out when she wanted, then out of nowhere she has no clue how to talk to Gojo unless it's asking for something and why he might be upset that she just ignored everything. Honestly, what highschool girl who has done MAYBE 4-5 semi-professional photoshoots would not only be completely calm while being suddenly surrounded by strangers but actively daydreaming so intensely she doesn't notice? I know it's a thing in Japan for celebrities to do those circular photoshoots, but the author even wrote dialogue for one of the people taking photos that they knew nobody was doing that cosplay for a shoot like that. Apparently its completely believable that rich character capable of self expression in a natural way would just zone out in a situation normally experienced by idols during an unplanned amateur shoot, and that the crowd of people would be so into her as to start screaming and taking pictures knowing its not anyone trying to do it professionally but also not enough to actually make the experience negative in any way.

It's like the author based the romance for this series off of one they were experiencing themselves and it ended poorly before the series did so now they're depressed but still making chapters because of contracts that are forcing them to keep it family friendly as well. Seriously, what happened? Marin said she realized she loved him like 60+ chapters ago and outside of some moments in the beginning of the series nothing remotely "rom" has happened except for strangers getting WAY too into a highschool girl. Also how many different characters somehow can tell the level of quality Gojo can make but also don't bother asking about who makes it for this completely new cosplayer? Even if it was made by a company people would still ask, so why is it people are aware its high quality and think it could be made by one but nobody ever asks or bothers to talk to Gojo after finding out he makes it? Even the one character that initially bonded with him over the production aspect of shoots had like a chapter of interactions revolving around that concept at best.

I hope whatever the author for this series is going through ends in a good way because clearly something is going on for them to fuck it up this much

Your whole post explained things super well but I really, really liked this insight. They're absolutely approaching things from totally different perspectives, as if they were in totally different genres. That's what makes it interesting! (And sometimes frustrating, based on how the comments are going..)
Thank you for the compliment! I admit while writing this I wasn’t sure I was explaining my thoughts well so I’m glad it makes sense to others besides me!

Dex-chan lover
Surprise! The reappearance of Marin's dad and we've got him on the shipbuilding team, now Gojou is the only one who doesn't realize he has a fiancé.

A bit concerned they didn't address Gojou's down mood, but perhaps it comes up in a future chapter.
Yeah, maybe 20-30 chapters from now. If we're lucky.

Dex-chan lover
I feel bait-and-switch'ed. I wanted to know what the drama was about and see some progress, and they suddenly dropped a wholesome meet-the-family comedic chapter. I don't dislike it, but it feels totally out of place.
That's just like every major event in this story. It's one of the author's few shortcomings really. If the author could better manage the progression of those events and how inconceivable they sometimes portray their characters, this story would be a masterpiece that comes about once in a lifetime. As it stands, this story is undeserving of its high rating because of those flaws.

Totally agree, except in one thing, she chose the worst option in this situation: acting like nothing happened; she was actually the kind of person who went straight to confront anyone, but with this she chose to act as it didnt happen. Fail. Before it was Gojo’s fault, now its hers.
I disagree, but I think that there is the issue prevalent in media consumption in general of the desire of a singular individual to be responsible for everything.

I want to ask a question: legitimately, how do you think Gojo would react to Marin confronting him? Even if Marin hypothetically asks to speak with him privately, then asks him what was going on with him the day prior, how would Gojo respond?
I don’t believe he would respond well or fully truthful. He has a history of downplaying or misdirecting away from the problems he is experiencing. In an effort to please everyone, Gojo backseats himself time and again. Upon realizing that his lack of reaction/mood had an affect on Marin (negative or otherwise) he would likely start apologizing and self-flagellating, which doesn’t help anyone. Yes maybe they would be able to talk and have a heart to heart about the problem, but not only do Marin and her (rarely seen!) father have plans, Gojo and his grandfather have family arriving shortly. How would any of this work in that kind of time constraint?
Plus Marin rarely gets time with her father, and their relationship is somewhat chaotic in and of itself. While supportive, he has spent more time in the manga scolding Marin than most anything else. Yes it’s in her best interests but that means that other times spent together is all the more important. And Gojo knows this. He would more likely shove Marin out the door to spend time with her dad than have a conversation about the day before that, I would like to note, can happen later.

I think it easy to forget that just because we want the conversation to happen now, doesn’t mean that it can’t still happen later! In fact I imagine they will have this conversation later! It just is not a good time now.

Also there can be shared “blame” in a situation. In this case I don’t think either is to “blame” here, but in playing the blame game there can only be losers. Maybe in a relationship it should not be the responsibility of only one individual to encourage communication consistently, but a cooperation between parties to work together.
Again though. THEY ARE TEENAGERS. Blame game in something like this kind of communication (or lack thereof) is not necessary. If someone had cheated or something that’s different. But in this case, neither the setting nor the mental state of either character seem to be right for what is likely to be a humdinger of a heart to heart.

Sorry for the long reply! It kind of got away from me there!

Dex-chan lover
Marin wtf is wrong with you? Just fucking ask if he is alright or not, even if he is looks fine, it's fucking common politeness and care to see if the boy YOU LIKE is okay, and this is after you basically dragged him along for a whole day.
Fucking hell
She definitely doesn't like him. I doubt someone who acts like her would even consider him their friend. He's just a simp she can use. I get that the author has had her say the opposite many times, but they've never once portrayed it.

Dex-chan lover
Man this series sure ain't taking the usual romcom trope, and I'm all here for it.

Dex-chan lover
I am not mad at what is happening btw just how poorly it is done and handled due to being so overly forced.

It might be realistic- if they were cosplay friends. She sees him as THE love interest. He just finished the best cosplay ever, just for her personally, her reaction to it was rather flat and now when he VISIBLY is hurt and in pain and she knows he is feeling SOMETHING negative, she says "just ignore it, lol" "btw I got some nice offers! sheesh!".. Author can't have her be so over the top in love to act like she did the recent dozen chapters.

Author is messing up BIG times. Massive fuck up.
That's actually a natural reaction afterll all the development we had, we all know that Marin, is actually a bit romantically awkward, she saw what happened to Wakana and it befuddled her, she can't wrap why he had such a sad face when she was having the most fun of her life, she was afraid of actually confronting Wakana, Again.

This is the same hesitation she'd been having when she said to herself that she want to confess.
In other gal manga, usually this is where the girl actually being a tad insensitive and directly confront the Mc, but no, we still got this lul instead, because she can't find the good moment to actually bring that topic up (which is normal with both kids' guardian on site) she choose to be quiet in this visit.
It's actually a normal choice for people to wait it out.

In conclusion : she is afraid that she'd mistaken all his actions as kindness and that actually its torturing himself while being with her all along.
This is a misunderstanding on her part and actually a good character design, showing again that Marin is not simply a perfect "gal girl" made for the story. She has faults too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread