Dainana Maouji Jilbagias no Maou Keikokuki - Ch. 10 - Price of Taboo (1)

Dex-chan lover
I'm wondering if it will make a difference if he [introduces] himself using his former human identity.

Edit: I get strong "Princess Bride" vibes here.
"My name was Alexander the Hero. You killed my former self. Prepare to die."

Group Leader
When he asked if he was virgin i thought bro was gonna pull a Yujiro
Baki: The Tragic Idea of What Makes a Man – The Vault Publication

Thinking if the bro that was pondering coexistence with these fuckers still thinks the same?

Dex-chan lover
are we not reading the same manga or what?
Yeah, but also keep in mind that the power of taboo is literally fueled by him doing things he shouldn't, and he says he's about to break a taboo right after talking about what demon society expects of him here. It was established in his original contract that going against his new life as a demon is considered taboo, even if he still sees himself as human, so I can see it both ways, honestly.

His expression makes me think he might kill the people, but on the other hand, there isn't much taboo about releasing them from their chains and then killing them regardless. If anything that's the least taboo option, because it follows the demons' expectations, while also giving the humans a more "honorable" death since they can fight back.

Dex-chan lover
Look man, you're making us manga readers look bad, we may be down bad but at least we have HUMAN PREFERENCES
He’s famous about that. Him and his brother. ^^;

I'm wondering if it will make a difference if he [introduces] himself using his former human identity.

Edit: I get strong "Princess Bride" vibes here.
"My name was Alexander the Hero. You killed my former self. Prepare to die."
It’s still the identity he perceive as his true self. For now, he still think he is Alexander, while Jilbagias is just a fake name.
And apparently, the later half of the declaration matter less. The most important part of [Introduction] is to brazenly make your identity known to your opponent by stating your name.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
oh god there going to be one day where he go " MY NAME JIBASGIAS. I AM THE HERO OF HUMANITY, JIBASGIAS" on all of them

Dex-chan lover
Look man, you're making us manga readers look bad, we may be down bad but at least we have HUMAN PREFERENCES
we all have our tastes as long is it doesnt spill into doing things to real life animals its fine

• This
Reactions: bot

noj

I'm really hoping the manga turns down the more trashy aspects of the later chapters, because so far it's already decent by regular, non-isekai manga standards, and it has the potential to be great
what "trashy" aspects? The only thing I can see qualifying as that is Antes personality and some of her expressions. Its not like its something that happens every page. Toning it down a already minor aspect of the manga would be too far.

noj

Does the double naming also take effect for this magic?
I imagine it will. But then again it could depend. His human name affects his contract with Ante because thats the name he used when making the contract. I have to assume its how he sees himself that will take the most powerful effect. Actually now that I think of it Im sure it will. When he was in Antes castle in the mirror he only saw Alexander as his true self. Even when he got all the devil powers he was still Alexander but bigger and with horns.

Dex-chan lover
what "trashy" aspects? The only thing I can see qualifying as that is Antes personality and some of her expressions. Its not like its something that happens every page. Toning it down a already minor aspect of the manga would be too far.
The trashy aspects of the ln. The most egregious example being the "dog"

This is amazing!

It's slowly becoming one of my favorite ongoing mangas.

Thank you for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
we all have our tastes as long is it doesnt spill into doing things to real life animals its fine
I'm still allowed to make a joke about it lol
And yeah I know I'm not one of those people that confuse fiction with real life so I wouldn't call people weird if they read weird mangas

Users who are viewing this thread