The Dangers in My Heart - Vol. 11 Ch. 142 - I'm Full of Stray Thoughts

I might be a minority here, but I'm not a huge fan of the "condom" chapters and this new arc. I just find it a bit weird and tasteless to put two 14-year olds in such sexualised situations / storylines. I started reading it because it seemed like a cute, innocent, awkward first love type of story, but it seems like the mangaka has other ideas. I guess I expected the story to be a bit more like "The fragrant flower blooms with dignity"
14-year old is the age of curiosity and horny..... Most of Grown-up adults had that phase too, dont be weird, its not cp hentai or adult x kid relationship

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
I might be a minority here, but I'm not a huge fan of the "condom" chapters and this new arc. I just find it a bit weird and tasteless to put two 14-year olds in such sexualised situations / storylines. I started reading it because it seemed like a cute, innocent, awkward first love type of story, but it seems like the mangaka has other ideas. I guess I expected the story to be a bit more like "The fragrant flower blooms with dignity"
Human biology and sex education is very normal thing for teenagers at their age, they're not adult yet but can't be considered little children anymore. Girls have their periods and can be pregnant, and both boy and girl are very curious with their opposite sex and have sexual urges which are affected by their hormones, I think it's normal and realistic. The condom is part of proper sex education to protect the teenager's own health so I don't see it's weird or taboo to show in a romcom manga. And the natural way of showing character expression, behavior and development of Norio is what win the heart of readers so far, so if the story made their relationships stay platonic would be just anti natural. That doesn't mean the manga encourages them to have sex, so far the characters are well restrained with respect to each other, and that should be the message author wants to send, it's fine to have curiosity and urges, but too soon to get it on actually.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It's actually good advice to stop you from letting your horny leak. Getting it out of your system is imperative to making good decisions. If you try to write while backed up it's like trying to do grocery shopping on an empty stomach. You're going to end up making bad decisions you'll regret later.

Dex-chan lover
the solution to all of our male problems, bust a nut

PS: first and last page are sus af, i love it

Human biology and sex education is very normal thing for teenagers at their age, they're not adult yet but can't be considered little children anymore. Girls have their periods and can be pregnant, and both boy and girl are very curious with their opposite sex and have sexual urges which are affected by their hormones, I think it's normal and realistic. The condom is part of proper sex education to protect the teenager's own health so I don't see it's weird or taboo to show in a romcom manga. And the natural way of showing character expression, behavior and development of Norio is what win the heart of readers so far, so if the story made their relationships stay platonic would be just anti natural. That doesn't mean the manga encourages them to have sex, so far the characters are well restrained with respect to each other, and that should be the message author wants to send, it's fine to have curiosity and urges, but too soon to get it on actually.
Glad you changed your mind in your last sentence.
There are stories where sex makes sense and even pushes the relationship further, but BNK is not one of them. You can talk about biology and hormones and "realism" all you want, but as far as romcoms go, Kyo and Anna haven't really developed as a couple to be at that stage yet. If it were to somehow happen, it would be detrimental to both the manga and the story.
The only thing that Norio is doing with this is teasing the high-schooler part of her readers demographic.

Dex-chan lover
I know...but masturbation is one thing, and even then Kyotaro felt a bit ashamed of those thoughts. It's obvious that the whole sex plot is going nowhere and if it happens, then it would cheapen the whole story...because they are obviously nowhere near ready.
As for the moral crysis, I was just voicing my concerns...I'm not like the RaG hating crowd who are in the comments every week to shit on it as soon a new chapter is translated. I just move on, no hard feelings.

I don't think they're actually going to have sex anytime soon for a variety of reasons (mainly their age and editorial/social standards) but the condom arc served a purpose, which was an open conversation about feeling guilty for having sexual thoughts but realizing those feelings are natural and the important part is being open with your partner and deciding when you're both ready.

Double-page supporter
That moment between Ichikawa and Yamada was so sweet before it turned horny lmao (which I also love). I was wondering for a sec whether Ichikawa getting distracted during the mock exam because of Yamada was going to become an issue but luckily that wasn't the case.

Also I have a feeling something might almost happen between them on Yamada's birthday (I wouldn't be surprised if she's planning something), but I don't think they're gonna do anything yet. Norio's probably gonna build it up towards the end of the series.

Dex-chan lover
TBF Dangers has always been more grounded in realistic character interactions compared to something like Fragrant which has more of a fairytail like "pure" style of character writing. While I don't think we see them do the deed before they graduate middle school, I wouldn't be shocked if it happened.. its not exactly rare in real life.

Users who are viewing this thread