Usotsuki Satsuki wa Shi ga Mieru - Vol. 9 Ch. 83 - Future

Girl's Love (GL) is not Shoujo Ai though, for them the two have zero relation, Japanese people will never associate the two, ever, so insisting on the mangled translation without any context that Shoujo Ai is Girl's Love is still pure nonsense and cherry picking.

I'm actually honestly confused about what point you're trying to make. :worry:
my original point was about the origin of gl as a translated term but i understand if it's fallen apart at this point. ie shoujo ai (devoid of context) -> girl's love (in the west) -> back to gl in japan. if that makes sense. basically it's a game of telephone

i'm not trying to backpedal just to be clear i'm fine with admitting i was wrong on the internet i just wanted to clarify

Dex-chan lover
my original point was about the origin of gl as a translated term but i understand if it's fallen apart at this point. ie shoujo ai (devoid of context) -> girl's love (in the west) -> back to gl in japan. if that makes sense. basically it's a game of telephone
i'm not trying to backpedal just to be clear i'm fine with admitting i was wrong on the internet i just wanted to clarify
Okay, I understand what you meant now, you're missing context.
So here long story short:

At some point Yaoi artists started used to use Boy's Love term.
At some point when Yuri started to become more popular mangakas decided to do the same by creating Girl's Love.
It might or not have something to do with the fact that in the past some used Yuri to mean just really close friends, I'm not sure about that really.

That's basically the origin of Girl's Love, it never had anything to do with western fans, it's basically a loanword in Japan.

Edit: an alternative origin I've heard is that other Asian countries don't use Yuri and Yaoi, so they created Girl's Love and Boy's Love as equivalent and mangakas just assimilated the terms.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Which is completely meaningless because it was never used to mean Yuri or Girl's Love, it's western nonsense, you cherry picking won't change the fact that Shoujo Ai is related to pedophilia.
Like I said, stay wrong, won't waste more time with you lol
Dude it has nothing to do with cherry picking🤦🏼‍♂️ It is simply just the fucking fact that shoujo ai is translated to girls love. Doesnt matter what its related to in Japan, I am simply stating the fact, what its translated to, when you translate it to literally any language… You keep saying “stay wrong” when I am simply stating the fucking facts… never thought i would waste so much time on someone who just cant accept facts

Dex-chan lover
Dude it has nothing to do with cherry picking🤦🏼‍♂️ It is simply just the fucking fact that shoujo ai is translated to girls love. Doesnt matter what its related to in Japan, I am simply stating the fact, what its translated to, when you translate it to literally any language… You keep saying “stay wrong” when I am simply stating the fucking facts… never thought i would waste so much time on someone who just cant accept facts
Oh the irony of this part
never thought i would waste so much time on someone who just cant accept facts
Even as a literal translation you're objectively wrong, because shoujo doesn't mean girl, it means young girl, it's literally a word that means underage girls, Shoujo Ai is a term for people who loves underaged girls, it has zero to do with girls loving girls.

Context is everything, and as Tolkien once realized languages don't exist in a vacuum, they require people that speak it and a culture in which it gets developed, cue his creation of Middle Earth.

The fact that you ignore the actual meaning and context of the words to insist on dropping it in a random translator is proof that you're cheery picking.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Oh the irony of this part

Even as a literal translation you're objectively wrong, because shoujo doesn't mean girl, it means young girl, it's literally a word that means underage girls, Shoujo Ai is a term for people who loves underaged girls, it has zero to do with girls loving girls.

Context is everything, and as Tolkien once realized languages don't exist in a vacuum, they require people to speak it and a culture in which it gets developed, cue his creation of Middle Earth.

The fact that you ignore the actual meaning and context of the words to insist on dropping it in a random translator is proof that you're cheery picking.
Ah yes, so now some of the most well known and accurate translators is “random”🤣 Had I used a single ”random” unknown translator then sure, it would have been cherry picking, but I have used multiple of the translators that are considered as some of the best and they also translate it to girls love🤷🏼‍♂️
But once again, I dont talk about the origin of the term or how japanese use Them, I am simple stating the fact that its directly translated to girls love, which for some reason you have the hardest time accepting, when thats just how it is...

Also thought you just wrote “wont waste more time with you”… that didnt last long🤣

• Dumb
Reactions: Tlo
Dex-chan lover
Series was killed. Killed because it espoused the philosophy that no one should be killed, even killers, even if leaving those killers alive meant that the net amount of people killed went up. Karma.

IDK if this is moral stupidity masquerading as moral cowardice, or if it's the other way around.

And, profs whole lecture on the diversity of life fails to mention that death (by competition or by killing) is an essential part of that.

Time to start handing out Darwin awards.

Supporter
Thanks for the chapter, and for bringing us the series! You did quality work. Translating "yuri manga with a strong plot focus (and often depressing themes)" is a worthy endeavor.

I was surprised to see this was the final chapter, but I'm looking forward to those extras. Overall, this was a solid story with some fun characters and twists, and a big step up from the author's previous work, in my opinion. Hope they continue to grow and make something even better.

Series was killed. Killed because it espoused the philosophy that no one should be killed, even killers, even if leaving those killers alive meant that the net amount of people killed went up. Karma.

IDK if this is moral stupidity masquerading as moral cowardice, or if it's the other way around.

And, profs whole lecture on the diversity of life fails to mention that death (by competition or by killing) is an essential part of that.

Time to start handing out Darwin awards.
Yeah, the ending was a terrible sermon.According to the biological logic of the ending of the comic, in order to maintain the genetic diversity of human beings, the number of human beings should survive and multiply as much as possible, but the author finally comes to the conclusion that the murderers who have reduced the total number of human beings must also survive.
I mean,the murderer's genes are more valuable than the person they killed, right?How else do we get to that conclusion.
This weird logic fits my picture of an abolitionist.

• Confused
Reactions: Tlo
Dex-chan lover
wth, there's alot of room to develop, like satsuki's dad for example ? and their abilities..

isn't it great how satsuki and akira are canon now guys (i'm not accepting anything else)

Fed-Kun's army
I really liked it.
Just wish Satsuki reconciled with her father rather than a long speech jerking off humanity for the last chapter.

I honestly loved it. Been waiting for every single chapter, since like chapter 30. I can agree with some points, but one can argue that everything can be somehow better.
The manga itself started great with some great original concepts, then turned amazing around the Miho arc, and fell off towards the Prez arc, then I think picked up at the ending.
The ending, I enjoyed it (honestly thought it would end like last volume), the lecture was quite an interesting perspective that got me thinking and I think I can get behind it. While there are left over unresolved plot points, I don't think they were super important to the story the author was trying to tell. A lot of it can be left to the imagination of the individual of how they continue. As for the yuri, I think that was mainly for the fanservice, this was mainly a mystery manga. A really fun and original one at that.

Axe-kun strikes again i still remember akira's dad using a gps tracker on akira but that plot disappeared like a real father figure

Man I don't get the sudden switch to Komachi in terms of the main pair. Like yes, she was always going to be a major part of the endgame, but Satsuki went from being gay AF for Akira to switching to Komachi in like 2 chapters. I liked this manga for the most part, but a lot of stuff wasn't resolved well enough. A great read for the most part, with a disappointing ending.

Axe-kun strikes again i still remember akira's dad using a gps tracker on akira but that plot disappeared like a real father figure
Uh, wasn't that tracker how he found Akira when he pushed her off the bridge? The guy is in jail, I don't see what's there to resolve beyond that.

Users who are viewing this thread