Land of the Lustrous - Ch. 108 - Land of the Lustrous

Dex-chan lover
What a ride. I'm glad to have been around for all 12 years, it's been a pleasure reading this story throughout its serialization.
Thanks to all the people who scanlated it, and put in the uncountable hours to make this such a fun experience!!!!!

Dex-chan lover
Breathtaking shot at the end. Question though, is the thing watching the comet a tiny piece of Phos that broke off? It's got the gem Phos hair, but I can't make out what it is exactly.
I think it’s an implication of the story starting again in a circular manner, with what looks to be genkiphos waking from a grassy field just like in the first chapter. Phoscomet is shown as something inspiring or bringing joy. But whether people like phos are even supposed to exist in a post-human universe is dubious.

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the translation.

I still fondly remember being blown away by the anime, making me discover this unique and great manga. I will need to reread to hopefully understand everything though. Thank you Ichikawa sensei for the great story.

Double-page supporter
CometPhos will definitely brighten up my day when I see them.

The last chapter really feels more like an epilogue.
InnocentPhos was reborn with a much better environment and friends. Seeing that she's still as clumsy as ever feels so nostalgic.

So, the other fragment of InnocentPhos became a comet, traveling through the universe and time, until it returns to the beginning of the story where the original GenkiPhos sees them.

I hope it did brighten up GenkiPhos' day too.

Users who are viewing this thread