Recent content by toriaezu

  1. toriaezu

    Fushigi no Kuni no Bird - Vol. 11 Ch. 54 - Sarufuto

    About three volumes once the last one is released in October. Sorry, the past few years have been pretty busy for me, hopefully I'll have a bit more time starting next year to wipe out the backlog.
  2. toriaezu

    Fushigi no Kuni no Bird - Vol. 11 Ch. 54 - Sarufuto

    I'll be honest, most of them are pretty tiny and out of the way, definitely requiring a car to get to. Unless you're planning an Ainu tour, I'd stick to just Upopoy, it's the largest and most foreigner-friendly.
  3. toriaezu

    Fushigi no Kuni no Bird - Vol. 11 Ch. 54 - Sarufuto

    If you're interested in any of the museums listed in this chapter, I've got their websites here: https://seigasha.co.jp/index.php?pagina=kanemori https://zaidan-hakodate.com/hoppominzoku/ https://www.fbcoh.net/en http://www2.town.nanae.hokkaido.jp/rekisikan/ https://ainu-upopoy.jp/en/...
  4. toriaezu

    Hotel Metsäpeura e Youkoso - Vol. 5 Ch. 30 - The New Hotelman's Past

    Pretty much! The mangaka just does the manga, the publisher handles literally everything else, distributing/licensing/promotion/legal issues/etc. As for the foreign words mistakes, I guess most of the time people go "Eh, close enough, no one will really care". You would not beLIeVE the number of...
  5. toriaezu

    Hotel Metsäpeura e Youkoso - Vol. 5 Ch. 30 - The New Hotelman's Past

    Oh, good to know! That's a rare mistake on the mangaka's side then, the Finnish text in those two bubbles are in the original.
  6. toriaezu

    Hotel Metsäpeura e Youkoso - Vol. 3 Ch. 16 - Teacher and Student

    Ooooh yeah good point, okay we're playing fast and loose with timelines then
  7. toriaezu

    Hotel Metsäpeura e Youkoso - Vol. 3 Ch. 16 - Teacher and Student

    I'm not sure he ever saw action though? Being in the army and actually being deployed are different things. I could be wrong, I haven't read the older chapters in a while.
  8. toriaezu

    Hotel Metsäpeura e Youkoso - Vol. 3 Ch. 16 - Teacher and Student

    Ahaaaa that's a bit of an error on my part. He literally says "How many years do you think I was in the army?" but I wanted to give it some more oomph to match the more impactful tone (and I didn't know all this backstory was coming). I'm going to go back and edit that page now~
  9. toriaezu

    Hotel Metsäpeura e Youkoso - Vol. 4 Ch. 28 - Young Deer

    Y'know I'm pretty sure that Jun came on a tourist visa and so probably isn't legally allowed to work...
  10. toriaezu

    Fushigi no Kuni no Bird - Vol. 11 Ch. 53 - Horobets/Shiraoi

    I suspect that given her phrasing, Miss Bird was referring to an actual painting and not just a sketch, in which case I think the most likely candidate is "Christ, the Great Shepherd" which was on display in Glasgow in December 1878 and "the Replica of which important work was Her Majesty’s...
  11. toriaezu

    Fushigi no Kuni no Bird - Vol. 11 Ch. 53 - Horobets/Shiraoi

    Well, yes and no, I'm behind by like 10 chapters and there's still her journey back to Tokyo if Sasa-sensei wants to draw it out another two volumes
  12. toriaezu

    Fushigi no Kuni no Bird - Vol. 11 Ch. 53 - Horobets/Shiraoi

    Exactly. In Pride and Prejudice, Mr. Darcy remarks that "every savage can dance.” My mother used to get mad at me when I said something sucked. I was just recently slightly horrified when the news said cardinals were "rawdogging" the papal conclave. Language drift happens at frankly astonishing...
  13. toriaezu

    Hotel Metsäpeura e Youkoso - Vol. 3 Ch. 16 - Teacher and Student

    It's definitely modern day, we see modern technology (smartphone, computer, camera, etc.)
  14. toriaezu

    Fushigi no Kuni no Bird - Vol. 10 Ch. 49.5 - Charles Maries in Wonderland

    It is a rather unfortunately easy mistake to make lol
  15. toriaezu

    Fushigi no Kuni no Bird - Vol. 11 Ch. 51 - Mori

    Good luck! It can be a bit of a slog at times, but her descriptions are so vivid and compelling it's no wonder she was a bestselling author. If anyone else is interested, all of Isabella Bird's works are in public domain and can be read at Project Gutenberg. Unbeaten Tracks in Japan is here...
Top