Only I Know That the World Will End - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
God damn imagine defending this horrible TL, no wonder quality scanlation is fucking dead. People settle on unreadable trash. What’s more, a watermark of some website in the middle of the fucking page. Not like it affects me since I can read runes, just hope people don’t settle for less.

Dex-chan lover
Thx for the chapter!
No
Don't "Thank" this level of crap
They literally just used google translate for this shit

It doesn't deserve any kind of thanks

It's like someone took the original Japanese, MTL'd it to another language other than English and then MTL'd it finally to English.

I hope to god this is an ESL speaker. In which case, you need someone - desperately - to do proof-reading for you. But given that your previous chapter 2 release(s) were yeeted, unsure if by mods or yourself, and your chapter 1 release has commenters pointing out you were doing INCREDIBLY DUBIOUS SHIT like having links to offsite places to read releases you split into multiple parts unnecessarily... Frankly, it seems like you're more into shady shit than translating manga. If that's the case, don't fuck with manga and just do shady shit elsewhere.
This is literally just Google Translated from JP to EN
There wasn't any intermediary language used
Try reading any MTL'd webnovel and you'll soon see the patterns and similarities

Dex-chan lover
This is literally just Google Translated from JP to EN
There wasn't any intermediary language used
Try reading any MTL'd webnovel and you'll soon see the patterns and similarities

I've ready plenty of Japanese media that's been MTL'd. It's better than this shit. I guaran-fucking-tee you that if you took the raws and put them through Ichigo Reader it would both be more consistent and readable than this. And that's just MTL that's been optimized for manga.

Dex-chan lover
I've ready plenty of Japanese media that's been MTL'd. It's better than this shit. I guaran-fucking-tee you that if you took the raws and put them through Ichigo Reader it would both be more consistent and readable than this. And that's just MTL that's been optimized for manga.
Different translation engines translate using different processes
The MTL here literally uses Google's engine
Dunno what yours use but that just means yours is better than google's

simple as

Dex-chan lover
I love when people equate something free to the need of being grateful or at least non-critical. If someone comes along and shovels my yard but puts all the shoveled snow up against my doorway or so I can't get to my car, then no I am not going to be "grateful". "Oh it's the thought that counts." Sure, but then the thing is that they have to put actual thought into the "free" thing they are doing/giving. Not like this abomination of a translation.

Dex-chan lover
I see the "translator" just gave up there at the end.

Dex-chan lover
Can someone please redo this chapter. Rightdark's "translation" fucking sucks. Absolute google translate trash. I am not going to apologize for my toxic behavior. Moonrayver's translation was fucking good, why couldn't they do this chapter? Why skip straight to chapter 3? This is unreadable. I feel like a mentally ill patient when trying to read this. Jesus fucking Christ.

Dex-chan lover
ooof, the 2chan text was left alone. I can only imagine what that fatso was reading on his phone...

Contributor
thing is the product you read is totally free it cost nothing, it's different scenarios if you actually paid or commission the translation, so just take or leave it
It does not matter if it's free, you are using somebody's else's IP. I generally would say scanlation does not actually costs the creators much, if any money from lost sales, but bad scanlation does, it will turn people away from a work when those might become said paying fans.

And no, pumping out garbage low/no effort MTL does not help. Only if you are absolutely lucky might someone see how bad a scan is and decide to do it, but from the hundreds of series I have never seen someone pick up a series out of spite for a bad TL, if anything a bad TL will keep them away because people like you will read the garbage TL and not support their translations.

Dex-chan lover
I can usually decipher bad MTL's for the most part but this chapter made me lose brain cells.

Dex-chan lover
It does not matter if it's free, you are using somebody's else's IP. I generally would say scanlation does not actually costs the creators much, if any money from lost sales, but bad scanlation does, it will turn people away from a work when those might become said paying fans.

And no, pumping out garbage low/no effort MTL does not help. Only if you are absolutely lucky might someone see how bad a scan is and decide to do it, but from the hundreds of series I have never seen someone pick up a series out of spite for a bad TL, if anything a bad TL will keep them away because people like you will read the garbage TL and not support their translations.
you look in pessimistic way,
for me:
in this case, there's no actually person pick up this manga, so the badTL try MTL and post it on mangadex so people know this existed and maybe there will be someone who can do better TL will eventually pick up this manga, and more people actually like this manga

Users who are viewing this thread