Tsuihousareta Meika no Chounan – Baka ni Sareta Hazure Skill de Saikyou e to Nobori Tsumeru - Ch. 1 - Ritual of Heavenly Grace

If someone has read the LN/WN could they just spoil the events to come I honestly don’t feel like reading this but I do want to know what happens but cliff notes style

Dex-chan lover
Lmao poison resistance huh we got another Arifureta on our hands.
I predict brother might actually come around and see eye to eye since he was thought to have been abandoned by his father but we will see.

Dex-chan lover
If someone has read the LN/WN could they just spoil the events to come I honestly don’t feel like reading this but I do want to know what happens but cliff notes style
Not done yet, only about 15% into the novel, but I can give a bit. Liking it so far, it's actually making good use of the setup.
Since the brother's skills let him blow shit up, he has to escape (not before grabbing a few valuables) and goes into hiding in a forest for awhile. No food or water, he relies on the poison nullification to eat and drink whatever and eventually goes to another town a month later. Yeah, there are poisonous plants that can increase stats but it's not actually by much and he has to experiment with different ones to find out which ones actually do something. He's trained well by his father but his raw stats are pretty normal compared to a combat class even with the plants.

After he gets to a new town, he gets robbed by a thief girl. He catches her, threatens her and makes her show him her ally, where she sells stolen goods, etc. He tells them to never steal from him again (doesn't care if they steal from others) and goes to become an adventurer. He continues experimenting with the plants and a month later the two thieves join him as adventurers. The girls a mage class who never got to learn magic because only nobles can afford tuition or textbooks and the guys a holy knight who was passed over because his abusive father gave him a bad knee injury before he went through the ceremony and the surgery cost to much. They save up enough to deal with both and they've agreed to help the mc with his goal, to beat his brother, humiliating his family, before killing him (meaning they have to confront him openly).

In the mean time, his brother is going to an academy with 6 other special classes but is also making connections with criminal organizations, trying to find and kill the mc. One of the special classes, the sage, tried to ingratiate herself with the brother by tracking down suspicious people looking into his criminal activities. This leads her to the mc, who convinces her that he's just a concerned brother and that he'd write a letter of recommendation for her to join his brother's party. He did this to sow discord between her and his brother so he doesn't become close to someone who has an idea where he is.

That's the early parts I've read so far. The mc isn't dispassionate about this fallout with his family and he isn't op. He thinks about his interactions with others but isn't excessively calculating. Basically, not a doormat but will still invest in someone if they have potential. He isn't op either and his ability works kinda like the mc of "Unfairly Fired From the Healer’s Guild" where it's just a small benefit from each herb and he has to work it into a regular diet with training to improve. I like it so far.

Last edited:
Not done yet, only about 15% into the novel, but I can give a bit. Liking it so far, it's actually making good use of the setup.
Since the brother's skills let him blow shit up, he has to escape (not before grabbing a few valuables) and goes into hiding in a forest for awhile. No food or water, he relies on the poison nullification to eat and drink whatever and eventually goes to another town a month later. Yeah, there are poisonous plants that can increase stats but it's not actually by much and he has to experiment with different ones to find out which ones actually do something. He's trained well by his father but his raw stats are pretty normal compared to a combat class even with the plants.

After he gets to a new town, he gets robbed by a thief girl. He catches her, threatens her and makes her show him her ally, where she sells stolen goods, etc. He tells them to never steal from him again (doesn't care if they steal from others) and goes to become an adventurer. He continues experimenting with the plants and a month later the two thieves join him as adventurers. The girls a mage class who never got to learn magic because only nobles can afford tuition or textbooks and the guys a holy knight who was passed over because his abusive father gave him a bad knee injury before he went through the ceremony and the surgery cost to much. They save up enough to deal with both and they've agreed to help the mc with his goal, to beat his brother, humiliating his family, before killing him (meaning they have to confront him openly).

In the mean time, his brother is going to an academy with 6 other special classes but is also making connections with criminal organizations, trying to find and kill the mc. One of the special classes, the sage, tried to ingratiate herself with the brother by tracking down suspicious people looking into his criminal activities. This leads her to the mc, who convinces her that he's just a concerned brother and that he'd write a letter of recommendation for her to join his brother's party. He did this to sow discord between her and his brother so he doesn't become close to someone who has an idea where he is.

That's the early parts I've read so far. The mc isn't dispassionate about this fallout with his family and he isn't op. He thinks about his interactions with others but isn't excessively calculating. Basically, not a doormat but will still invest in someone if they have potential. He isn't op either and his ability works kinda like the mc of "Unfairly Fired From the Healer’s Guild" where it's just a small benefit from each herb and he has to work it into a regular diet with training to improve. I like it so far.
I guess I would like it but honestly if this is manga is gonna be a monthly think then when you get further into the novel I’d like to know the rest of what this series has to offer if you would be so kind that is. Either way thanks for the cliff notes though much appreciated!

Dex-chan lover
I guess I would like it but honestly if this is manga is gonna be a monthly think then when you get further into the novel I’d like to know the rest of what this series has to offer if you would be so kind that is. Either way thanks for the cliff notes though much appreciated!
Ok, I'll be a bit more succent from here on though. What I explained up till now just about covered the first volume. I've finished the second so I'll explain that.

Having found out that his brother is pursing him, he tells his party and decides that they need to move base to somewhere further from the capital. The move to a small town on the in the area surrounding different major city that has a forest with some more poisonous plants he read about. The only problem with the town is that there is a single platinum class adventure who basically has control of the guild there.

(I don't remember what beginners were called -> bronze -> silver(mc here at vol start) -> gold -> platinum -> diamond -> don't know if/what's next)

They mess with the mc but the fight is broken up by a guild girl. Guild head blames mc since they are dependent on this adventurer and he had his minions stage a boycott during monster attacks so he desperately kowtows to him. Next day, some (double digits) of the gold rank goons pick a fight with the mc and his party. The three get bruised up but win. Mc, but just mc and the main goon on the otherside, are punished, mc with a week suspension and goon a more sever one for starting it. Mc searches for poisonous plants in that time while the other two work. Befriends a kinda goofy alchemist girl, gets her help with processing one of the plants (he's started using an edible wrap to make them easier to eat but one of them is really spiny so it can't be swallowed.), continues experimenting and finds plants that covers everything for development. He finds one that can give him skills...under the right conditions...

So, an emergency quest comes and the platinum dude is using it to throw his weight around, so the mc and his party take it to undermine him and succeed. Afterwards, they go on another quest fighting a snow leopard that moved out of the mountains. They kill it and find that it was protecting its cub, mc thinks it's best to kill it but party convinces him to adopt (he loves it to afterwards) and they decide to rent a house since they have a pet and mc has been talking about cultivating his plants. Also, author doesn't seem to understand that it's a cat and keeps having it at like a dog, it even barks.

A new emergency quest comes, 10 10-meter-long poisonous snakes that forced all the monsters from the previous quests out of their habitat. Platinum dude uses platinum rank authorities to order mc's party to 'help' him, lures snakes to try and kill him. mc kills all snakes and chases down the platinum and his goons. Mc fights him one on one while the other two fight the 4 goons and wins both due to a difference in combat skill and because the guy's skills (physical + defense buffing at cost of stamina) and the fact that he's only been doing gold rank quests after failing the platinum ones has lead to him never really developing a tolerance for pain and collapsed right after being stabbed. Mc makes the goons his accomplices by forcing them to help kill him, pushing the story that he died from the snakes. Mc takes his body to the forest, having figured out the conditions for the skill fruit cultivation from his previous attempts. It's a parasitic tree that implants itself in the hearts of fresh bodies and grows a toxic, noxious apple that taste of the blood of it's victim. He eats the fruit and gains his skills, opening a way to be more than just on-par with combat classes.

As for his brother, the sage had brought the letter and earned the brother's hatred. The sage, not understanding what happened, thinks both the brothers are spiteful and realizes she has to join the other faction among the 7 special classes. She doesn't believe she could get along with the muscle headed warrior princess and her knight, however. (Basically, there's a powerful faction that opposes his brother)

Sooo, yeah, I guess saying I would be 'succent' was a lie.

Ok, I'll be a bit more succent from here on though. What I explained up till now just about covered the first volume. I've finished the second so I'll explain that.

Having found out that his brother is pursing him, he tells his party and decides that they need to move base to somewhere further from the capital. The move to a small town on the in the area surrounding different major city that has a forest with some more poisonous plants he read about. The only problem with the town is that there is a single platinum class adventure who basically has control of the guild there.

(I don't remember what beginners were called -> bronze -> silver(mc here at vol start) -> gold -> platinum -> diamond -> don't know if/what's next)

They mess with the mc but the fight is broken up by a guild girl. Guild head blames mc since they are dependent on this adventurer and he had his minions stage a boycott during monster attacks so he desperately kowtows to him. Next day, some (double digits) of the gold rank goons pick a fight with the mc and his party. The three get bruised up but win. Mc, but just mc and the main goon on the otherside, are punished, mc with a week suspension and goon a more sever one for starting it. Mc searches for poisonous plants in that time while the other two work. Befriends a kinda goofy alchemist girl, gets her help with processing one of the plants (he's started using an edible wrap to make them easier to eat but one of them is really spiny so it can't be swallowed.), continues experimenting and finds plants that covers everything for development. He finds one that can give him skills...under the right conditions...

So, an emergency quest comes and the platinum dude is using it to throw his weight around, so the mc and his party take it to undermine him and succeed. Afterwards, they go on another quest fighting a snow leopard that moved out of the mountains. They kill it and find that it was protecting its cub, mc thinks it's best to kill it but party convinces him to adopt (he loves it to afterwards) and they decide to rent a house since they have a pet and mc has been talking about cultivating his plants. Also, author doesn't seem to understand that it's a cat and keeps having it at like a dog, it even barks.

A new emergency quest comes, 10 10-meter-long poisonous snakes that forced all the monsters from the previous quests out of their habitat. Platinum dude uses platinum rank authorities to order mc's party to 'help' him, lures snakes to try and kill him. mc kills all snakes and chases down the platinum and his goons. Mc fights him one on one while the other two fight the 4 goons and wins both due to a difference in combat skill and because the guy's skills (physical + defense buffing at cost of stamina) and the fact that he's only been doing gold rank quests after failing the platinum ones has lead to him never really developing a tolerance for pain and collapsed right after being stabbed. Mc makes the goons his accomplices by forcing them to help kill him, pushing the story that he died from the snakes. Mc takes his body to the forest, having figured out the conditions for the skill fruit cultivation from his previous attempts. It's a parasitic tree that implants itself in the hearts of fresh bodies and grows a toxic, noxious apple that taste of the blood of it's victim. He eats the fruit and gains his skills, opening a way to be more than just on-par with combat classes.

As for his brother, the sage had brought the letter and earned the brother's hatred. The sage, not understanding what happened, thinks both the brothers are spiteful and realizes she has to join the other faction among the 7 special classes. She doesn't believe she could get along with the muscle headed warrior princess and her knight, however. (Basically, there's a powerful faction that opposes his brother)

Sooo, yeah, I guess saying I would be 'succent' was a lie.
Thanks dude your awesome keep these coming if you want to that is but thanks nonetheless

Dex-chan lover
Thanks dude your awesome keep these coming if you want to that is but thanks nonetheless
So, finished volume 3. Despite how much I write, I'm still skipping details that I might mention here.

So this volume is basically a sort of training arc. Not that things don't happen but that what happens forces them to pick up the pace. They start off running into some people to teach them. For the mage girl, it's a magic researcher that they were doing a job for. For the Holy knight boy and mc, they run into a mithril rank party that the holy knight and mage met when they split up in the previous volume (was mentioned but I didn't bring it up). Also, the adventurer ranks are as follows:

still don't remember the first -> bronze -> silver -> gold -> platinum -> mithril -> diamond -> orichalcum

They spar and, though they have some moves that the mc finds impressive, he doesn't feel that he would be outclassed with the same stats and skills, except for one. He's the scout and his situational judgement and use of his skills impress the mc so much he pretty much begs to learn from him. So, they spend some weeks training and getting to know each other. He received 18 skills and, aside from agility, he's weaker than his party members but by using rapid concurrent activation of his skills in different combinations according to the situation he can overpower them. So mc trains to turn on and off multiple skills as fast as possible in different combinations while telling him about his background and even how he can get new skills (only common ones though) from feeding corpses to the death tree.

As it comes time for their trainers to leave, they warn the party about someone. In the previous volume, they had caught wind that the leader of one of the two major criminal organizations that his brother was in bed with had been searching for the mc in the nearby major city and that they should avoid mentioning his name to him. They take the warning to heart and leave while the mc and his party continue training. Later, the mc returns to find the scout bleeding out at his doorstep. He explains that, though they avoided the man, he pursued them hearing about what city they came back from. He already knew he was there, and pressed them, eventually ambushing them in an ally. The monk girl in the mithril party was decapitated instantly and the scout was stabbed. The Battlemaster and hunter stayed to stall him while the scout escaped to warn the mc. As the scout dies, he asks him to plant the tree of death in his corpse to takes his skills and when he rises to fame to tell the world it was him who taught him.

The mc tells the mage and the holy knight. The holy knight had been trying to train in offensive combat for a volume or so but resolves to train as a tank and commit fully to his specialties if it allows him to grow fast enough to avenge them. The mage, who didn't get to meet them this time as she was training elsewhere already and was just prior consoled by being told they'd met next time, had committed to increasing the firepower of her spells. She had previously been focusing on accuracy and rapidity. They estimate this pursuer to be diamond class and decide on a new plan, they will isolate themselves in the forest to train. mc will exclusively eat his poisonous stat boosting foods while they all train. The other two will be constantly hunting monsters for the mc to grow death apples from and harvest skills. The alchemist meets them in secret weekly for supplies. This proceeds for 3 months until they run out low on funding.

They emerge from the forest and confront the man who has been idling around the bars for the last month. The fight mostly can down to the variety and concurrent usage of skills in combination with their skill in combat for the mc and pursuer. The mage and holy knight, significantly better at their roles, helped in the beginning but could not but in at the worst of it where he was going all out at the mc who was getting a temporary buff from drinking and dousing himself in a snake venom potion made by the alchemist. Mc kills him and takes his body to feed it to the tree while retrieving the scouts for a proper burial.

Unable to improve further at this town and looking to pay respects to the rest of the mithril party's graves, they head to the city. They pay respects and reaffirm their now collective hatred for the brother before investigating this city and the 3rd major city suitability as a new base of operations. In the last volume, they had heard of the brothers exploits in the 3rd city, a dungeon city, and estimated him to be about diamond rank at the time. They hear that he had left that city and returned to the capital and also that he had earn the ire of the king. The brother had selected his party: the necromancer, the holy dragoon, and a commoner without any of the special classes. This commoner is the head of the other criminal organization the brother is in bed with. The king did not like the fact that his own daughter, the war princess, was passed over for a known mob boss. The mc also gets a replacement for the sword that broke in the fight and hears that the forest near the dungeon city has the legendary sword the first hero used locked inside.

(This sword was mentioned in a previous volume. It's location is known but it's surrounded by poisonous miasma and powerful monsters so no one can obtain it. It also may have something to do with the brothers behavior. He read the hero's story as a kid and is obsessed with it. The hero forged it from the evil dragon Bahamut and it controls both light and darkness. So he seems to want to control light and darkness aswell.)

Hearing all this and knowing that the other skill fruit (probably unique skill granting rather than common) recorded in the book he received in the beginning is located in that forest, they decide to go to the third city and say their farewells to the alchemist and vice guild leader now guild leader (old leader left after corrupt platinum died).

As for the sage, she joined the war princess and her retainer, a holy warrior, two of the other special classes. They don't think much of her, and mostly leave her to carry baggage while going through the dungeon. The sage is only doing all this for her own fame though and still blames mc for all this, not really thinking too much about how she was trying to gain the favor of the brother who's up to some shady shit, so whatever.

Dex-chan lover
Volume 4 feels a little shorter than the others.

They've reached the new city and are making arrangements for where to stay and getting jobs from the guild. They were expecting to do platinum quests but forgot that they shouldn't be able to do them since they're still gold rank. It wasn't an issue before as they were the best the guild in the small town had so they made exceptions. Enter a kinda sloppy looking middle aged man who says he's platinum rank. His party members are currently ill so he suggests that he takes them on platinum rank quests in a temp party for a few weeks. Mc doesn't expect much from him and he doesn't expect much from the party (he's flippant but still sees them as kids that need looking out for it seems).

They hunt platinum rank monsters and the party goes first to show him they're able. Holy knight parries everything with ease while mc and snow cat/dog easily decapitate them before they notice they're there. Sloppy dude is impressed and takes his turn to show off. Up till now he's already show detection abilities that surpass the dog/cat so they know he actually capable. He goes to fight but they can't fully understand what it is they're seeing. It looks like he's fight normally without any particular skills or techniques nor any great shows of strength but he's still overpowering the monsters with simple movements. Mc and the holy knight decide they'll have a match with him later to try figure it out.

Afterwards, sloppy dude takes them for a tour around town, showing them to the stores they need, places to stay, etc. He also introduces them to one of his ill party members (it's just a cold). One of the stores was an alchemist for the mc to commission poison potions from. Two weeks pass and they split up. They still haven't grasped his way of fighting (don't think they got that match yet) and sloppy dude is disappointed that mc still doesn't refer to him with honorifics (only person he uses '-san' with was the scout as he was the only person mc respected).

The party then splits up for their own training plans. The mc will go into the forest for a week to find sources for all the usual plants he uses and research new ones. Death apples are suppose to be native to this forest anyway and he might find the skill fruit. The mage girl will go to the teacher she met last volume, since he lives here. The holy knight has been having some trouble though. He's been improving his defensive techniques, but his teacher is dead, and he doesn't have clear method of getting stronger. Especially since he started later than the other two because of his surgery, he's a bit worried but decides to go solo in the dungeon for awhile. Skipping to results: mc mapped out sources for everything he had before, mage girl can now use intermediate compound magic (primary is fire, water, wind, earth), and the holy knight found out how the dungeon works and made connections with a scarletite (may be orichalcum, that or the author is STILL adding ranks) party.

For awhile the do quests for money again. During this time there's a big fight for the mage girl to show off against a lich but I'm avoiding describing fights. Mc decides it's time to properly learn magic since he didn't grasp it from the grimoire he bought for the mage and read with her while he was teaching her to read and write. The mage girl agrees to bring him to her teacher but is worried because mc tends to be pretty confrontational (because of how harsh his father's training was he doesn't want to bow to anyone ever again) they meet with her teacher and the mc and old guy are quick to bicker. She does manage to convince him, and he agrees to teach him. There's a problem though, mc's body may have magic now but his mind still considers mana something alien and can't recognize it. So, he possesses the mc and uses magic so the mc can learn the feeling. Mc grasps it immediately, so he realizes something about him. Mc has no familiarity with magic but has a lot of it and strong concentration and control. So, he tries teaching him a theoretical class of magic before he gets too familiar with normal magic, anti-magic. Basically, just read your opponent's mana, match its nature and amount, and launch the raw magic at them before they can form the spell. Like swordsman, mages develop styles and habits as they learn but someone without a style can theoretically change it to match anyone's. So he manages to learn (more like create) this magic.

While he's walking home at the end of the most recent 2 week training excursion (they alternate between weeks doing jobs and weeks purely training) he senses someone following him. When he confronts them in an ally he recognizes them despite her disguise improving due to being able to sense her mana. The sage has come to kill him again. She casts and advance compound(ice) magic, he disrupts it and knocks her out. She wakes up tied up and complains about the mc and his brother ruining everything for her. Mc calls out her hypocrisy (for trying to kill him since their first meeting, how everything that happened to her is actually her own fault, and how good her life must have been if getting one application rejected justifies murder in her mind.) and starts interrogating her about his brother and his party. He said he might let her go if he's satisfied but she already came to kill him twice so he wants to just kill her now to be sure, but he doesn't have anyone in the academy to inform him on his brother. He decides to let her go as an informant as long as he can find a leash for her (she can't win so it's so she doesn't just run away). He goes through her things while listing to her heartbeat and finds something that causes her to panic when he takes it, a rusty necklace, then lets her go.

Still amazed how much I can say while skipping so much of what happened.

Dex-chan lover
Forgot to mention but the end of vol 4 was about halfway through the main story. Anyway, here's a summary of vol 5.

Having taken the sage as a collaborator, the mc's first request was for her to intoduce him to the war princess. She agrees but it may take time so he returns to his business after introducing the sage to his party. They go back to their 2 weeks working 2 weeks training schedule and during that time mc has his first match with the sloppy dude. Given the difference in stats and how much his father drilled his sword techniques into the mc, he fights him without using skills, thinking he'd still have the edge. Though the sloppy dude can't win, the mc can't land any hits on him either and won only after sloppy dude was worn down and exhausted. They have more matches that day but none of them impress the mc as much as the first as sloppy dude started using more unorthodox tactics like pocket sand in later matches. The mc finally asks him what his job and skills are. His is coal miner with vision enhancement. Seeing he's also a weakling progressing in an unorthodox way, the mc almost starts to respect him.

Afterwards, he returns to the forest to explore some regions he avoided prior. These areas sound like the sort of biomes you would find in an alien or demon world. The marsh area he finds filled with leeches that burrow into the body before swelling and bursting out, giant man eating secretary birds, and various tentacled and toothed creatures squirming below the surface. Unable to go into the deeper waters, the mc makes for the next area. This place is covered in a deep fog that allows the mc to travel mostly unmolested when using stealth skills, aside from the resident elite monster (this is about the 4th case where he encountered a lone mutant monster that frightened all the humans and monsters out of the area.) a giant muscle-bound owl snatching people out of the sky. Ultimately, he finds that the fog is poisonous pollen of the flowers in the area. Satisfied with his haul here, he leaves to plan his second attempt at the marsh.

After returning, they are able to make contact with the princess and her party. Since the mc speaks casually to anyone who hasn't earned his respect, the war princess and the holy warrior under her take offense and he attacks the mc who repels it and returns an equally deadly blow. The war princess now seeing that the mc is worth collaborating with agrees to cooperate and will arrange a setting for him to kill his brother once she returns to the capital.

Afterwards, the party begins working on their plan for the swamp. With enough people who can use ice magic, they could create an ice bridge across the swamp to the cave in the center. They just need to find two more mages somehow. In the meantime, mc will have his next match with the sloppy dude and one of his party members. He'll grasp his method of fighting through careful observation and prediction by minute movements and finally refers to sloppy dude with '-san'. They eventually find two mages, two sages. The first is their newfound collaborator from the war princess's party and the second a sage from the scarletite party the holy knight has gotten to know. However, the scarletite sage seems to be a noble or royal like the princess and regards the lack of deference in the mc's tone as insulting. The leader of the party, despite his friendly visage, also seems to dislike the mc as well but agrees after hearing his goal. The mc believes the skill fruit, the deadly fruit that may grant unique skills, to be in that island cave.

They set off and the mc and scarletite sage disparage eachother along the way. The presence of the snow cat/dog helps to ease the two sages into the group (cuz he's cute). They make it to the island and rest for the night before going in but the mc and scarletite sage wake up and sense a strong presence. They investigate and find themselves locked in battle with the source, a six-armed(tentacled), scythe handed, octopus man. Mc plays the role of dodge tank with sloppy-sans fighting style and hold it off for about an hour before she finishes it. Afterwards, the develop a mutual respect for eachother's abilities and the scarletite sage stops worrying about the mc's tone. The regroup, rest until morning, and dive back into the cave. At the end, they face a humanoid beetle martial artist in what seems to be it's shrine. They pull through due to their increase in numbers and the holy knight learned to use more of his skills from his time in the dungeon.

Within, they find a winding tree, or maybe winding trees, with four fruits, each an amalgam of many fruits with a toxic stench coming from each of them. They gather them and return. The mc takes 3, saving one to show to the scarletite leader as promised, and prepares to do a status check at the church after consuming each. However, no one's survived eating this before and he doesn't know if that's because of poison or something else. He braces himself and bites into it, find the flesh not just poisonous but to be filed with needles. Still, he forces them down and finds that each one granted a new unique skill.
Ah, they do all have names, I just don't use them.

Dex-chan lover
Volume 6 is mostly fights and appraisals, so it'll be brief.
Mc wakes up about a week later after eating the skill fruit with everyone taking care of him in the mean time. He makes his rounds informing everyone about the skill fruit and what it's like (it's fine since no one actually wants it, they're just curious). He then starts experimenting with the new unique skills and how best to use them before consuming the final one. He comes up with a way to eat it that just makes it really painful for him but not coma inducing. The four new unique skills are useful but are more 'gimmicky' then 'op'. They are effective when used with other specific skills or under specific circumstances. That said, it's the boost the mc needs so he makes plans with his party (the mage girl, holy knight, and snow cat/dog) to get the first hero's sword.

So they head to the forest aiming for a cave up in the mountains. The area is periodically washed over with waves of miasma. This miasma isn't poisonous but monsters spawn in miasma and the monsters from this is particularly strong. They search inbetween waves while hiding in the save zone during them but aren't making progress like this. So, they commit to fighting in the miasma and eventually make their way into the cave. They have to retreat again as they have monsters spawning all around them in the cave. The mc decides he has to go alone from here. His stealth skills can't get the others through and some of his new skill combinations would seriously hurt them in they get caught in it. The miasma in the bottom of the cave is poisonous, so they would have to separate by then either way. He makes it to the end and finds a set of sword and armor with a dragon watching it from above. The dragon's body is rotting and bleeding poison, it's wings and arm missing, and it's maw writhing with maggots. Mc manages a perfect strike that only cuts through the scales and barely into the flesh. However, he gains the upperhand by continually hitting that opening, until it loses its other arm. Now with an opening to the soft underbelly, he cuts into it and tears it legs as well. However, the less human it's movements, the more difficult it is for mc to predict. It manages to break the mc's arm and it comes down to a final exchange. Mc uses all of his last-ditch skills and kills it before passing out.

After waking up, he makes it out with the sword and armor, noticing that the miasma has started clearing. He meets up with the party who, seeing his condition, regret not being able to help him there. He passes out and, after they take care of him for 2 days, he wakes up and the holy knight carries him back to town. After getting his arm treated and realigned, mc spends his recovery time appraising the sword and armor and spending time with the people they met in this city. Once he's healed, they make ready to head to the capital and say their goodbyes. They're ready to face the sword god now.
And now into the last quarter.

Dex-chan lover
vol 7 is the beginning of the end. This story is similar to mushoku tensei in that the author seems to have a clear plan for the story arc and adheres to it. It actually makes summarizing a little hard, since a small conversation will probably lead to something later.

Rather than immediately heading to the capital, the mc's party sets up in the town where they met near it. There they will wait for contact from the war princess to figure out the situation in the capital. During this time, they reflect on how much has changed with them. Before, they'd never even seen anything on mainstreet and lived exclusively in the slums. Their standard of living changed greatly. The mc also has a grudge to settle with an elite monster that chased him out of the forest he fled to after being chased from his home. Even relying only on his skill, a basic sword, and his raw ability, it was a disappointing fight. They begin a gratitude tour of the slums. Meeting with people who kept the mage and holy knight fed or treated the holy knights knee injury when they lived here and buying up their merchandise. Mc returns the botany book he bought at the beginning that guided his research at the beginning. only asking that he offers the same deal to the next kid who needs it.

During this time, they are stalked by the branch of the criminal organization lead by the mad combat prodigy that joined the brother's party. while investigating the organization, they are confronted multiple times and each time the mc kills them, causing some discord in his party. The holy knight buy some alcohol for them to open up and talk, despite his distaste for it due to his abusive father. Alcohol doesn't affect mc (counts as poison) but the other two speak their mind. The holy knight feels he's far to protective of someone who's supposed to be his ally and the mage, normally reserved, says she wishes that he'd rely on her more. When push comes to shove, mc tells them to stay back and handles problems alone. He agrees that he should count on them more but doesn't accept sharing the burden of killing their enemies. They were random slum kids he brought into this, and he doesn't want them crossing the line chasing after him.

They continue gather information and meeting old friends. During this time, the mc finds out the handsome priest that warned him his brother was trying to use the church to track him had been quietly transferred to the capital. (Appraisals are done by priests/nuns so mc has to get acquainted with the church at every town.) Eventually, they catch word from the war princess and go to the capital to meet her. Doing their own investigations, they were able to find the base of the organization. Seeing the slave trade in the area, mc reaffirms his plans for after the final fight. (he's mentioned it a few times but he plans to free all the beastman slaves and lead an uprising from the slums after he's made an enemy of the state for killing the his brother, the sword god.) They met with the war princess. As soon as they enter, one of them attacks the mc, who easily bests him. The war princess ordered this so that her subordinates can see the mc's abilities and because she genuinely wants them to kill anyone else who comes. (hard to describe her personality. She's haughty and cruel to the weak and cold and unfeeling to the strong) Some of the royal knight captains are still arrogant but, while discussing their (lack of) abilities with the mc, the war princess matter-of-factly explains that the difference in motivators between adventurers, royal knights, and criminals makes it so the royal knights mostly attracts average people. They plan out their attack on the base.

The war princess lends the mc a company (just 100) lead by a captain who earnestly cooperates with the mc as well as the sage. This captain was the mentor of the war princess and is referred to by her with a nickname. The base as 3 buildings so they split into 3-4 groups according to the energies the mc senses and his discussion with the captain. The organization has 4 executives equal to the other organizations leader who pursued them previously and a leader, the mad combat prodigy, who's just under the brother, the sword god, in strength. There's the leader and two executives present so the mc and sage go to the building with the leader and one exec, the holy knight and mage take another building, and the knight captain and half of her company while take the last with the remaining blocking exists.

The mc and sage charge through the members running to the top of the guilding. There they find the room their in but, suspecting something, the mc has the sage fire through the door before they take cover. Using the smoke from the bomb trap that was detonated and his skills, the mc tries to kill the mad combat prodigy in a surprise attack but fails as his every move is predicted. Therefore, the mc switches targets to the executive and quickly kills them, making the fight a 1-on-1. (the sage is too confused and cowardly to count.) The mad combat prodigy laughs and cackles at his own subordinates failure to live and reengages with the mc, neither of them gaining ground. Eventually, the mad prodigy changes tactics, dropping his dagger and pulling out a rapier. With this, his personality completely changes and becomes more stoic. The mc cautiously approaches him while measuring the distance and strikes but he dives through, aiming for mc's back. The mc prepares his defensive skills to protect his back but sage had already struck him after getting out of her stupor. The mad prodigy discards his rapier to fight with his fists, his personality changing again. The mc then apologizes to the sage for the trouble he's about to cause her and uses one of his last ditch skills to go berserk. The mc overwhelms him and takes the time to learn his techniques while enjoying beating him and calling the sage a 'dumb bitch'. Meanwhile, the mad prodigy's subordinates finally make it up the stairs (this was in dbz time) and he calls for them to attack the mc and dumb bitch. Disappointed that the mad prodigy only enjoys combat while trampling weaker opponents, he kills him.

Mc, still berserk, runs through the base killing the members while cackling the way the mad prodigy did with dumb bitch trailing behind him. Analyizing the mc's state while talking to him as he berates her, dumb bitch realizes that the skill can be considered a magical status effect and dispels it. Back to normal, mc apologizes to the sage for his conduct and explains that this is only the 3rd time he's used it (used against the pursuer and dragon) and the first time he's interacted with anyone while under it's effects, not knowing how he would treat people. (it actually feels like they've reconciled by this point) The sage helps the mc to check on the others. The holy knight and mage took the whole building without killing a single person, making tthe mc feel inept for it. The knights had a death-kill ratio of 4:1 but were managing with their numbers. The war princess's mentor was in a losing fight with another executive while the more arrogant captains were unconscious in a bloody mess. The mc and sage save her and finish of the last executive present.

Dex-chan lover
vol 8 is the last vol of the main story. Main story is just the conflict with the brother but there's more going on in the world around and after.

Jumping back in, we see the aftermath of the raid. They found the corpses of the people that were kidnapped and experimented on (brother's crazed obsessions extend beyond mc), the royal knight battalion is crippled from their losses for now, and the mc makes a quick recovery because the war princess is actually committing to her support and giving the best healers. Once up and ready again, they have another meeting with the war princess. During which, the holy warrior (only one who didn't go) tries the same surprise attack and is immediately knocked unconscious and ignored. The raid found so many of the leaders was that they sent the brother's party away in prep for the fight/assassination. They have 3 days to chase him down.

The make their preparations, retrieving the snow cat/dog, buying new specialty blend poison, and saying goodbyes. Particularly, mc wants to meet with the handsome priest. Mage girl: "you aren't meeting a woman, are you?" mc: "No."

(worth noting: this is the first time romance was really hinted at in the story. Closest before was when the goofy alchemist would joke around when he gave her money for large quantities of sus poisons by telling people he was 'buying her for the night'. And this is followed by this scene.)

So, he meets with the handsome priest but he's at work, so they agree to meet after he gets off and go to dinner. They go to a fancy restaurant with ties to handsome priest's father and start talking about their lives till now. As dinner ends, they go to a cafe to talk more and find they have a lot in common from their background, he also being a disappointment to his Royal knight commander father. The night closes for them but before they part, the handsome priest grabs his hand and whispers to him. They cardinal he warned the mc about before took some of his bishops to follow his brother.

Anyway, they set out while being sent off by the war princess, the war princess's mentor, the sage, and the handsome priest. The holy warrior was there too, I guess. The handsome priest gives his cross to the mc (nulls holy atks), the war princess gifts 3 of the best healing potions from the leaves of Yggdrasil (I was shocked that there's normal fantasy trees and not just the lovecraftian bullshit the mc keeps eating), and the war princess's mentor promises anything in her power once they return out of gratitude. The mc also asks if the sage will join them since they're familiar with fighting together by now but she refuses. After the raid, the mc had forgotten that she hates him, or at least, resents him for putting her in danger all the time. They set out to the ruin and travel deep into it in search of the brother's party. Along the way, they fight the necromancer's undead made from monsters and ancient heroes. They also fight the cardinal, bishops, and royal knight vice commander who, despite their bluster, are worthless at this point. They come to a fork in the road and sense the necromancer and her monsters down one and brother and holy dragon knight down the other. The party splits up to meet their respective opponents.

The mage girl and snow cat/dog challenge the necromancer and her monsters. The necromancer was born to an elite mage family, she had every advantage in her education and development from the beginning. However, mage girl has trained and studied enough to use double compounded advance magic as well as her how magic berserker skill (only useable if you learn good control of skills). She commits fully to the fight and overpowers the necromancer who, without a hint of emotion, insists that the mage girl has still not reached her and takes a dagger to stab her own heart. The necromancers own last ditch effort was to puppet her own corpse through her magic, but the mage girl was able to break the magic apart just before exhausting herself and collapsing.

The mc and holy knight meet the brother and holy dragon knight. The brother, after pretending to forget the mc, hurls abuse and threats at the holy dragon knight who cowers and leaves with the holy knight to have their match elsewhere. While the holy knight had grown up crippled, the holy dragon knight had every physical advantage one could be born with. However, the holy knight had grown past being jealous over the course of the journey and, while the mc speaks casually because he does not respect authority due to birthright, age, or divine blessing, the holy knight speaks casually because he is open and friendly. While they clash, the holy knight, while learning all the holy dragon knight's techniques, bonds with him. Eventually, piecing together all his techniques and skills, he knocks out the holy dragon knight before exhausting himself.

The battle between the brothers is a test of every skill, technique, and trick the mc has cultivated up till this point. His buffing skills against his and the mc wins. His assassination techniques against his senses and the brother wins. Mc's poisons against his immunity and the mc wins. Their sword techniques against eachother and the mc wins. So on and so forth, taunting and psychological attacks all the while. As the brother falls behind and succumbs to the poison and wounds, he resorts to one last-ditch effort. The product of his one other obsession, the fruit of his human experimentations, an implanted demonic core allowing him to become a half-demon. The fight begins again. However, the first hero's sword, which the brother coveted and used both light and dark, didn't draw it's dark powers from the wielder. As you'd expect, it takes from it's victims, the demons it kills. Beating back his brother again, the mc finds an opening to use his last-ditch moves and shatters both the brother's core and body. As his brother dies, the speak one last time. The mc takes out his father's watch that he stole at the beginning and never sold due to it's lack of value. He shows the picture of the brother in it to him. For all his whining about being ignored, he was always the favorite of their worthless father, a low-born country noble with a basic job and nothing but his supposed status to his name. As his brother dies the mc blacks out.

2 years later, the party is rushing through the demon king's forces, trying to make quick work of him so they could reunite with the mc, who had business elsewhere. In his place, the holy dragon knight joins them. The make quick work of them and return home as heroes...only to find that the mc had led a slave revolt, wiping out many nobles in his wake and earning him the title of the world's greatest villain.

Aaaaaand that's it for the main story. The after story just started but it picks up right after the last chapter before the epilogue with no loss of continuity. I really got carried away with the summary but I had a really good time with this novel. Compared to others, I certainly felt like my time was respected. It doesn't get sidetracked by random shenanigans or harems. There's also actual character arcs for not just the mc but his party members. The author clearly setup a story to tell and told it. Further, I actually enjoyed the story itself and the characters. A fun read all an all.

vol 8 is the last vol of the main story. Main story is just the conflict with the brother but there's more going on in the world around and after.

Jumping back in, we see the aftermath of the raid. They found the corpses of the people that were kidnapped and experimented on (brother's crazed obsessions extend beyond mc), the royal knight battalion is crippled from their losses for now, and the mc makes a quick recovery because the war princess is actually committing to her support and giving the best healers. Once up and ready again, they have another meeting with the war princess. During which, the holy warrior (only one who didn't go) tries the same surprise attack and is immediately knocked unconscious and ignored. The raid found so many of the leaders was that they sent the brother's party away in prep for the fight/assassination. They have 3 days to chase him down.

The make their preparations, retrieving the snow cat/dog, buying new specialty blend poison, and saying goodbyes. Particularly, mc wants to meet with the handsome priest. Mage girl: "you aren't meeting a woman, are you?" mc: "No."

(worth noting: this is the first time romance was really hinted at in the story. Closest before was when the goofy alchemist would joke around when he gave her money for large quantities of sus poisons by telling people he was 'buying her for the night'. And this is followed by this scene.)

So, he meets with the handsome priest but he's at work, so they agree to meet after he gets off and go to dinner. They go to a fancy restaurant with ties to handsome priest's father and start talking about their lives till now. As dinner ends, they go to a cafe to talk more and find they have a lot in common from their background, he also being a disappointment to his Royal knight commander father. The night closes for them but before they part, the handsome priest grabs his hand and whispers to him. They cardinal he warned the mc about before took some of his bishops to follow his brother.

Anyway, they set out while being sent off by the war princess, the war princess's mentor, the sage, and the handsome priest. The holy warrior was there too, I guess. The handsome priest gives his cross to the mc (nulls holy atks), the war princess gifts 3 of the best healing potions from the leaves of Yggdrasil (I was shocked that there's normal fantasy trees and not just the lovecraftian bullshit the mc keeps eating), and the war princess's mentor promises anything in her power once they return out of gratitude. The mc also asks if the sage will join them since they're familiar with fighting together by now but she refuses. After the raid, the mc had forgotten that she hates him, or at least, resents him for putting her in danger all the time. They set out to the ruin and travel deep into it in search of the brother's party. Along the way, they fight the necromancer's undead made from monsters and ancient heroes. They also fight the cardinal, bishops, and royal knight vice commander who, despite their bluster, are worthless at this point. They come to a fork in the road and sense the necromancer and her monsters down one and brother and holy dragon knight down the other. The party splits up to meet their respective opponents.

The mage girl and snow cat/dog challenge the necromancer and her monsters. The necromancer was born to an elite mage family, she had every advantage in her education and development from the beginning. However, mage girl has trained and studied enough to use double compounded advance magic as well as her how magic berserker skill (only useable if you learn good control of skills). She commits fully to the fight and overpowers the necromancer who, without a hint of emotion, insists that the mage girl has still not reached her and takes a dagger to stab her own heart. The necromancers own last ditch effort was to puppet her own corpse through her magic, but the mage girl was able to break the magic apart just before exhausting herself and collapsing.

The mc and holy knight meet the brother and holy dragon knight. The brother, after pretending to forget the mc, hurls abuse and threats at the holy dragon knight who cowers and leaves with the holy knight to have their match elsewhere. While the holy knight had grown up crippled, the holy dragon knight had every physical advantage one could be born with. However, the holy knight had grown past being jealous over the course of the journey and, while the mc speaks casually because he does not respect authority due to birthright, age, or divine blessing, the holy knight speaks casually because he is open and friendly. While they clash, the holy knight, while learning all the holy dragon knight's techniques, bonds with him. Eventually, piecing together all his techniques and skills, he knocks out the holy dragon knight before exhausting himself.

The battle between the brothers is a test of every skill, technique, and trick the mc has cultivated up till this point. His buffing skills against his and the mc wins. His assassination techniques against his senses and the brother wins. Mc's poisons against his immunity and the mc wins. Their sword techniques against eachother and the mc wins. So on and so forth, taunting and psychological attacks all the while. As the brother falls behind and succumbs to the poison and wounds, he resorts to one last-ditch effort. The product of his one other obsession, the fruit of his human experimentations, an implanted demonic core allowing him to become a half-demon. The fight begins again. However, the first hero's sword, which the brother coveted and used both light and dark, didn't draw it's dark powers from the wielder. As you'd expect, it takes from it's victims, the demons it kills. Beating back his brother again, the mc finds an opening to use his last-ditch moves and shatters both the brother's core and body. As his brother dies, the speak one last time. The mc takes out his father's watch that he stole at the beginning and never sold due to it's lack of value. He shows the picture of the brother in it to him. For all his whining about being ignored, he was always the favorite of their worthless father, a low-born country noble with a basic job and nothing but his supposed status to his name. As his brother dies the mc blacks out.

2 years later, the party is rushing through the demon king's forces, trying to make quick work of him so they could reunite with the mc, who had business elsewhere. In his place, the holy dragon knight joins them. The make quick work of them and return home as heroes...only to find that the mc had led a slave revolt, wiping out many nobles in his wake and earning him the title of the world's greatest villain.

Aaaaaand that's it for the main story. The after story just started but it picks up right after the last chapter before the epilogue with no loss of continuity. I really got carried away with the summary but I had a really good time with this novel. Compared to others, I certainly felt like my time was respected. It doesn't get sidetracked by random shenanigans or harems. There's also actual character arcs for not just the mc but his party members. The author clearly setup a story to tell and told it. Further, I actually enjoyed the story itself and the characters. A fun read all an all.
Thanks for the summary of the story man!

Dex-chan lover

Thanks for the huge summary! Personally, I'm not interested with it but at least now the feeling/decision is informed rather than "I don't like the summary".

Dex-chan lover
Why do these stories always have it be a norm for nobles to get mad that their kid doesn't win the lottery and kick them out when they have the expected result? Noble bloodlines won't survive multiple generations if this is done every time, and considering the propensity of humans for nepotism it's fairly obvious they would have created a system where the lottery result doesn't matter, and instead the ones who win it are pulled to their side through other means.

Users who are viewing this thread