Tsuihousareta Meika no Chounan – Baka ni Sareta Hazure Skill de Saikyou e to Nobori Tsumeru - Ch. 5 - Adventurer

Dex-chan lover
"swordsman's hip" :facepalm:
"you can engage in buying and selling at the guild. It [the buying and selling] keeps records of quest-related information and your rank within the guild" So it's a blockchain technology, storing your data inside the transactional records using it as some weird DB? Well, that is the first time I have seen this solution possibly make some amounts of sense: they are using barely understood overtech (like most guilds in fantasy settings) and just bodged a DB into the only thing they know how to store and read stuff from.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
If you read it a bit more carefully, you'll see that it's actually written "swordsman [linebreak] hip"
Do you need a dash character to indicate the end of line caesura?

Dex-chan lover
If you read it a bit more carefully, you'll see that it's actually written "swordsman [linebreak] hip"
Yes, linebreaks can appear between words (unsure why that was so surprising to you). The important part was that it was not written as "swordsmans-\nhip" (would be parsed as "swordsmanship"), but rather "swordsmans\nhip" (which makes it parse as "swordsmans hip").
Do you need a dash character to indicate the end of line caesura?
There was not supposed to be a pause (had to google what that word meant. Turns out it's just "pause", with connotations to the rhythm of poetry) at the end of that line, methinks. I think it was meant to be a single word - no pauses at all - split from lacking space, and they forgot that such requires hyphenation.

ps: if there had been a dash character there, it would not have indicated an end of line pause (it would instead be hyphenation indicating the word continues). So the answer to the question is "no".

Last edited:
Contributor
"you can engage in buying and selling at the guild. It [the buying and selling] keeps records of quest-related information and your rank within the guild" So it's a blockchain technology, storing your data inside the transactional records using it as some weird DB? Well, that is the first time I have seen this solution possibly make some amounts of sense: they are using barely understood overtech (like most guilds in fantasy settings) and just bodged a DB into the only thing they know how to store and read stuff from.
blockchain is in no way the only thing that uses that kind of transaction record or does it resume to only that.

Dex-chan lover
blockchain is in no way the only thing that uses that kind of transaction record or does it resume to only that.
I assumed blockchain because in most isekai settings the guild's overtech is decentralized and because that's something I would expect an author to be thinking of when they make a decentralized transactional record for movement of money that can also be used to store extra data (such as nft's - the reason I would expect an author from modern times to be thinking of blockchain in this context) and some companies deciding that using it as a DB is hype.

ps: Though I am actually curious, what are the other examples of a decentralized transactional record that can be used for this? I only know of more centralized ones (or at least distributed/federated to a couple machines to share load + redundancy, but not quite able to be called decentralized as it still requires servers instead of hoisting everything onto all the clients)

Dex-chan lover
There was not supposed to be a pause (had to google what that word meant. Turns out it's just "pause", with connotations to the rhythm of poetry) at the end of that line, methinks. I think it was meant to be a single word - no pauses at all - split from lacking space, and they forgot that such requires hyphenation.
Ah, it's my bad there, was searching for the proper english word and wikipedia only returned me to the syllabisation page (which would not fit) and google returned me caesura (which doesn't fit either.

I'll try to remember "hyphenation" for next time :3

Double-page supporter
interesting comments folks, way above my mental capacity rn

but i just have to ask
whats goin on with this anyways?
raws go as follows
chapters 1-4 released in November (while chapter 1 was translated July that year)
chapter 5 released January this year
no other raws on kuma
where is this at right now, pretty much find myself forgetting its even around (perhaps i should jus drop this

Dex-chan lover
I assumed blockchain because in most isekai settings the guild's overtech is decentralized and because that's something I would expect an author to be thinking of when they make a decentralized transactional record for movement of money that can also be used to store extra data (such as nft's - the reason I would expect an author from modern times to be thinking of blockchain in this context) and some companies deciding that using it as a DB is hype.

ps: Though I am actually curious, what are the other examples of a decentralized transactional record that can be used for this? I only know of more centralized ones (or at least distributed/federated to a couple machines to share load + redundancy, but not quite able to be called decentralized as it still requires servers instead of hoisting everything onto all the clients)
Tbh I feel they might be using IPFS instead, only each file corresponds to an individual adventurer.

But ngl didn't expect I'd run into my work stuff while reading manga😂

Dex-chan lover
interesting comments folks, way above my mental capacity rn

but i just have to ask
whats goin on with this anyways?
raws go as follows
chapters 1-4 released in November (while chapter 1 was translated July that year)
chapter 5 released January this year
no other raws on kuma
where is this at right now, pretty much find myself forgetting its even around (perhaps i should jus drop this
Tbh I just remembered this existed.
Heck I first had to figure out who the mc was among those 3

Dex-chan lover
Tbh I feel they might be using IPFS instead, only each file corresponds to an individual adventurer.

But ngl didn't expect I'd run into my work stuff while reading manga😂
Would ipfs really be a transactional record that (through someone buying and selling stuff) is used to keep records of rank and quests of that person? Feels like that kind of db could separate the systems and not require him to make a purchase/sale.
Although I guess it might simply be the clients that limits the front-end, and the guild doesn't have access to modifying anything beyond through bartering-terminals they figured out how to copy.

Dex-chan lover
eXtraOrdinary PoWer, dont tell me its a leveling sisum…
-_-
My assumption is that it's the poisonous forest plants had stat-buffing effects, since there was a strange amount of focus given to them. Wouldn't be the first time that's shown up as a trope.

Heck, maybe if he eventually realizes it, he'll actually have a reason to use his farming skill finally, to cultivate some.

Users who are viewing this thread