Tsuihousareta Meika no Chounan – Baka ni Sareta Hazure Skill de Saikyou e to Nobori Tsumeru - Ch. 5 - Adventurer

Dex-chan lover
Wait lol maybe MC's occupation is not traditional Farmer, but a game grinder Farmer xD
He will level up more easily and get more loots then hahaha.

Dex-chan lover
Do we really need an explanation of the guild's ranking system in all these comics? We all know how it works now, we all understand that they're ranked by letters (F >> SSS) or materials (Wood >> Mythril) or whatever, so why use a page on this crap every single time? :pout:

Dex-chan lover
why use a page on this crap every single time?
Padding. Having MC register at the guild, chat with the receptionist, grind, rank up, and go through other recycled plot points allows the author to use fewer original ideas while churning out the same amount of content.
On the other hand, some readers may be new to the genre, and these things often slightly differ between different mangas so the explanation can't be skipped. I can agree that it would be less wasteful if it was explained in sidenotes, though.

Dex-chan lover
On the other hand, some readers may be new to the genre, and these things often slightly differ between different mangas so the explanation can't be skipped.
I can't really think of one comic where a guild's ranking REALLY mattered, so even then an explanation wouldn't be needed, and if a reader is new they most likely can infer how the guild works through basic contextual things - so I'll still say these pages are useless.
But you're right, it's most likely just padding. :bleh:

Dex-chan lover
I can't really think of one comic where a guild's ranking REALLY mattered
Here it shows the stat difference between different ranks, so at the least, it gives you an idea of how much powerful the pros are compared to rookies, I guess. And it's an easy way for the reader to keep up with the progress made by MC. Not that stats ever matter in these stories - if MC has to slay an SSS monster with a rusty spoon, somehow he will.
Other things that authors love to go into detail about are money (e.g. 1 gold = 100 silver = 10,000 copper = 100,000 Yen), slave contracts, monster dismantling, classes, skills, social castes, races, kingdoms, continents, gods. Easy to write, and easy to slightly alter to the author's needs.

Users who are viewing this thread