Tokidoki Bosotto Roshia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san

Dex-chan lover
So guys is the Russian little girl he met at thd park Alya or are they going to pull a fucking Nisekoi and 2 more girls fitting that description will appear and then he will end up with one of them instead? This plot element is fucking annoying and unnecessary.

Dex-chan lover
5/10. A few chapters in, but I'm having trouble really connecting with the characters or the plot. It seems like a very bog-standard take on a RomCom intended for young men with little to no texture or depth. Beyond the premise of the MC being able to understand his classmate when she speaks Russian, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot here.

Maybe this will change as I continue to read, but for now I'm struggling to see why this is so highly rated. I see myself dropping this series fairly soon.

Same.
I saw the 9.13 rating and gave it a go, waiting for something to justify that rating but it's just as generic and standard a romcom as can be.
It's not even generic/standard but so well executed, with interresting characters etc that it's above the rest
Nope it's average in every way

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, it's really funny. I hope it stays that way, nothing makes me drop a rom-com faster than it going 180 and getting dead serious in the latter half.

Not a fan of them using the dead tired trope where the heroine was the MC's semi-forgotten childhood first love all along, and something sad which separated them. It's just way too overused to even consider it a twist at this point.

Dex-chan lover
Not a fan of them using the dead tired trope where the heroine was the MC's semi-forgotten childhood first love all along, and something sad which separated them. It's just way too overused to even consider it a twist at this point.
Have you even read the manga yet?

Dex-chan lover
this series is extremely overrated

the idea of an entire series based around fetishizing foreigners is just weird. the japanese find it weird when westerners do it on them but the other way around is fair game apparently.
Still waiting to see what aliens think of us fetishizing them for years now. Imagine if some of them turned out to be real. :korone:

Dex-chan lover
It's annoying to know Alya will win in the end. Man, I want Masha to win 😭

Dex-chan lover
this series is extremely overrated
the idea of an entire series based around fetishizing foreigners is just weird. the japanese find it weird when westerners do it on them but the other way around is fair game apparently.
Well, I agree with the former - it's extremely formulaic, and even this standard-template plot isn't particularly well-executed.
I'd argue with the latter, however - can't really see any fetishizing going on. The FMC fits the archetype of an ice princess who is secretly tsundere to a T, which is bad in itself, of course, but it is this what determines her role in the story - not her heritage or hair colour. If anything, it appears the authors put quite a bit of work into getting whatever small bits of Russianness they chose to include right, starting with getting the sisters' patronymic right they share one because they share a father, and even putting it into the feminine form.
Compared to the mainstream Western media, where the roles reserved for the Russian women are normally entirely determined by their heritage, and thus limited essentially to either exoticized seductresses (evil, because they secretly work for their country) or oversexualized sidekicks for the protagonists (good, for having betrayed their country) - yeah, it's night and day.

Just here for the bombshell chapter when he drops the fact he knows Russian…
the Author just gonna drag it even more bruh. Waiting for it probably like, few more years cause I don’t think the one who write this shit actually gonna get that to happen soon

Well, I agree with the former - it's extremely formulaic, and even this standard-template plot isn't particularly well-executed.
I'd argue with the latter, however - can't really see any fetishizing going on. The FMC fits the archetype of an ice princess who is secretly tsundere to a T, which is bad in itself, of course, but it is this what determines her role in the story - not her heritage or hair colour. If anything, it appears the authors put quite a bit of work into getting whatever small bits of Russianness they chose to include right, starting with getting the sisters' patronymic right they share one because they share a father, and even putting it into the feminine form.
Compared to the mainstream Western media, where the roles reserved for the Russian women are normally entirely determined by their heritage, and thus limited essentially to either exoticized seductresses (evil, because they secretly work for their country) or oversexualized sidekicks for the protagonists (good, for having betrayed their country) - yeah, it's night and day.
Instructions unclear, my brain is rebooting

So guys is the Russian little girl he met at thd park Alya or are they going to pull a fucking Nisekoi and 2 more girls fitting that description will appear and then he will end up with one of them instead? This plot element is fucking annoying and unnecessary.
That, you can ask the author cause I don’t think I’m reading more of this at this pint

To be honest, when I expressed that I dislike, actually fucking hate this Alya bullshit, some people just fucking go and call me out being bullshit on that. What the fuck

Houston, we have a problem.. Chap. 33? Hello? that shit was just off-putting, hate this shitty trope if yer wanna call it one but fuck it.

And can we err… Idk leave out competition? Especially between blood siblings or not. This is fucked, can already see the fire from here…

(The story has not stuck with me or am I missing the point, the latter is most likely)

The angle, the art are both intriguing, but the story direction is tedious. all I see now is a slippery slope my bois.

Users who are viewing this thread