Fake Saint of the Year: You Wanted the Perfect Saint? Too Bad! - Ch. 20.2

Dex-chan lover
She can probably make up a new reason, like 'the truth' behind the curse that was lost in time, beyond even those who know about the whole saint->witch thing.

After all the first saintess who became witch probably didn't defeat another witch-saintess.

Dex-chan lover
Didn’t expect her to go through with the facade. It’ll be interesting how she’ll convince the others after this.

Dex-chan lover
Where’s the nice little foreshadowing/additional gut punch for one of the saddest moment in the light novel? well i guess a tertiary step was taken in that direction but still.

maybe its in next chapter?

Dex-chan lover
The fun thing about stuff like this is how the retainer(s) almost always come up with the wrong, the worst, and the most extreme conclusion on their own. See how light-hearted the manga is, I’m sure the MC will be able to break the flag before it’s too late but, let’s see.

Double-page supporter
She shows her the small wound from blocking his attack, to prove that she is not the saint, since the saint cannot get harmed by anything other than the witch. Like just saying she's not the witch is not enough to convince him, so its weird that they left out that important part. Unless i missed somthing in the previous chapter

Dex-chan lover
That execution was so weak wth. Dias just laughs the whole thing off, nothing like the novel.

Dex-chan lover
If she's fake, why couldn't she get injured during the kidnapping incident? Is she part of the witch?

Contributor
Eh, nobody else heard Elrise say the other shocking secret. That might've been an interesting mess.

But with the other secret getting out I think that finally gets any suspicion away from Eterna being the witch, since they now know it's the past Saint, Alexia. And all eyes would be on Elrise instead as the potential next witch.

Dex-chan lover
Does the saint truly only become the new witch when she personally kills the witch? Isn't it possible the real, current saint becomes the new witch even if she's a thousand kilometers away from the scene where the old witch is killed? That would make Elrise's simple solution ineffective.

Dex-chan lover
Strongest Saint becoming Strongest Witch...
Imagine one of them pulling Homura later.
cWv8UN0.jpeg

"...fascinating."

Dex-chan lover
She shows her the small wound from blocking his attack, to prove that she is not the saint, since the saint cannot get harmed by anything other than the witch. Like just saying she's not the witch is not enough to convince him, so its weird that they left out that important part. Unless i missed somthing in the previous chapter
they skipped so many parts and details that at this point i already gave up and just enjoying the ride :huh:

Dex-chan lover
I want to remind everyone that Elrise's end game is to basically drag the Witch to death with her while at the same time returning the throne of the Saint to Eterna. Her plan is to nuke the Witch, ensuring that Witch curse is transfered to her, but as her body is unsuited to hold it, she and the curse will die, she will then tell everyone how she's a false saint then pass away peacefully. She envisions that at that point people will celebrate and everyone will be happy all around. Her Happy End achieved and she shuffles happily into the after life.

Dex-chan lover
If she's fake, why couldn't she get injured during the kidnapping incident? Is she part of the witch?
1) Her stats are high, so it's difficult for attacks to actually damage her. 2) She maintains an active defense shell (esp. during kidnapping, though when Eterna leaped, she was distracted and didn't protect enough, and so got cut). 3) If she does take damage she can heal it immediately.

In the LN in this case, the old guys attack was so strong that it did cut through her barrier and wound her. She shows him the wound and then heals herself.

Users who are viewing this thread