The Bugle Call - Vol. 5 Ch. 15 - To the Land of Slaves

Dex-chan lover
Hj9LsyZ.png

dad learning how to use video chat

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter! The minute they said Udo's power is to control blood, I thought that'd be a terrifying power on a battlefield, with blood flowing everywhere. Goddamn, it really is fucking terrifying! :eek: I really like the perspective Udo brings to the table, about considering other people's lives. Great way to show that Lucas has been growing, but he still has more growing left to do!

The Pope's mirror did make me think of one thing: if it can open a portal to where you've been, why not give it to Miura, who's from Normandy, to instantly go there? I suppose he really wants to conserve the charges as much as possible, and thought it wouldn't be too hard to get in anyway.

Meanwhile, the Garland is getting all the wrong advice about the worth of human life.
I feel bad for her. Not in a way that excuses her, because she has literally killed MILLIONS, and there's no coming back from that, I feel bad because she probably could have turned out differently, if it weren't for the people around her. She's bratty, but I don't get the feeling she's an evil person. She's just being raised to be ruthless and cruel by her father. And she is learning it, we can see it in her thoughts. Right now she's a 13 year old doing whatever gets her approval from the adult in her life.

That last part really shows how easy it is to not think about the suffering you cause when you don't have to do it with your own hand.

Dex-chan lover
There is definitely something weird going on with that knife...
Also:
I wonder if Garland's father is the Emperor himself? I know it could be explained by this being a fantasy manga and him being just insanely skilled, but to me the way he took down that plant ramus implies some superhuman capabilities. Given how the administrators are seemingly able to utilise dead rami's powers while not having branches themselves would explain how he is able to punch through someone's spine.

Plus, if that were the case, there would be a really interesting parallel with how the Pope is using Zoe by impersonating her parent.

Dex-chan lover
Spoiler: Some guesses about the plot
I seriously just had the same idea! It feels like a long shot, there could be other explanations as well, but I agree that would both explain a lot and be a really cool twist. Only question is, why would he hide that from his own soldiers? The other empire ramus doesn't seem to know who he is.

Dex-chan lover
Just paint a target on him why don't you.
Page 34 That probably sounded cooler in his head.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thanks for another Great chapter!!

Although, I can't help but think it's pretty stupid of them to put their wall within the boundary. I would have put it a mile out to prevent this kinda shit.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for another Great chapter!!

Although, I can't help but think it's pretty stupid of them to put their wall within the boundary. I would have put it a mile out to prevent this kinda shit.
But then their own ramus couldn't use their power in the fort either! They didn't have any stationed there right now, but they might if there was a siege or something.

BTW, a small detail I never noticed before this chapter, that doesn't really have anything to do with anything: the clouds above the Tower seem to form rings. We haven't really seen many wide shots before this, but I looked back at previous chapters, and you can kinda see circular clouds in multiple other chapters. You can also see the ring of clouds right above the moat on page 32. I guess that's how people can tell where the diocese ends, without needing a ramus to feel it out.

Fed-Kun's army
But then their own ramus couldn't use their power in the fort either! They didn't have any stationed there right now, but they might if there was a siege or something.
Yep, that's exactly right. When you consider that this fort could've had a massed battle with the defending side having Ramus powers while the attacking side doesn't, it really wasn't the worst of ideas.

Thankfully, we've got Lucas' brain and Udo's powers to get over this barrier.

Double-page supporter
Already liking the new guy a lot but the death flags are crazy

Dex-chan lover
There is definitely something weird going on with that knife...
Also:
I wonder if Garland's father is the Emperor himself? I know it could be explained by this being a fantasy manga and him being just insanely skilled, but to me the way he took down that plant ramus implies some superhuman capabilities. Given how the administrators are seemingly able to utilise dead rami's powers while not having branches themselves would explain how he is able to punch through someone's spine.

Plus, if that were the case, there would be a really interesting parallel with how the Pope is using Zoe by impersonating her parent.
Blud I'm pretty sure he literally stabbed the poor dude in the chest with bare hand. He definitely has some power at least

Why do we translate the meteorite summoning girl as Garland but not "Flower Ring" or "Flower Crown"?

Users who are viewing this thread