Datenshiron - Vol. 3 Ch. 33

Group Leader
Glad this flopped series ended. Hoping the author draws a girlxgirl story again.
Given how utterly bland the male MC of this manga is, I feel like the author also would rather be writing yuri lol.

Overall a pretty decent comedy manga, mainly held down by Mimiel being the only remotely compelling character. I'm not particularly sad that it's over but I don't regret reading it either. Thanks for the translation and for the seal stats!

This series was fun and cute. The rollercoaster in the ending definitely came out of nowhere... also, it's nice to have the childhood friend win for once!

Aggregator gang
I'm okay with that.

This manga has been a weird but enjoyable combination of goofy, serious, lewd, wholesome and surreal all along, so even though the ending felt sort of axed-rushed, it wasn't like it was all that far out of line with the rest of the manga. And it did tie up all the loose ends.

Dex-chan lover
I got the strong impression that there would be no romance with Mimiel given MCs complete lack of interest towards anything she did (quite inexplicably), but I gotta say I utterly despise “I’ll always be with you in your heart” endings. That’s just fucking bullshit man. Either you’re gone forever or you ain’t, can’t have it both ways.

Bit of a weird/rushed ending but it was really (bitter)sweet. Can't wait to see what else this author puts out.

Supporter
Thank you for translating this manga! Your comments, especially the translator notes regarding japanese puns, were also highly appreciated!

Now I just want to see the authors face when he sees that his fans took the time to make sealstatistics.

sgn

Group Leader
Updated most of the volume a couple weeks ago, but dragged my feet getting the last couple ready for no good reason. Anyway, volume 3 should be fully updated now. The note page for 33 has the details.

There is one thing I did not do.
In the volume, it's clear that once Mimiel comes back as an angel in chapter 33, all of her lines are actually “highlighted” with a screentone. This does appear to be present in the digital serialized version as well, but I did not notice it since the washed out tones and low quality just made it appear as artifacting (which you mainly see around lines in the first place).
To make things worse, I usually run pages through waifu2x to lessen said artifacting, and as a result, you can barely see it in the actual chapter as it was released.
You can see what this is supposed to look like in the newly added spread (page 40), but it just didn't feel worth it to try and redo the affected pages to try and make this more visible.
(you should buy the volume so you can see the art as intended imo)

Anyway, that's all.

Users who are viewing this thread