Datenshiron - Vol. 3 Ch. 33

Dex-chan lover
A bit sad to see it gone like this but wishing the best to the author for the future ! Thanks for your translation it was a fun ride full of dumdum angel and seal :D !

Dex-chan lover
Felt like the author had to find a way to force the angel to go, in this case would be the classic "sacrifice themself" troupe

Dex-chan lover
Since we're talking about the seals, is Kuroha the inspiration for the tanuki mangaka in "Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun?" Kuroha did a chapter for the anthology, so they have some sort of connection to Tsubaki Izumi. Or have they said why they include all the seals?

Thanks for the translation, hope Kuroha gets another work published soon and someone is kind enough to translate it too.

sgn

Group Leader
Since we're talking about the seals, is Kuroha the inspiration for the tanuki mangaka in "Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun?" Kuroha did a chapter for the anthology, so they have some sort of connection to Tsubaki Izumi. Or have they said why they include all the seals?

Thanks for the translation, hope Kuroha gets another work published soon and someone is kind enough to translate it too.
Kuroha’s first series were published in Gangan Online, the same web magazine as Nozaki-kun, so that’s probably the basis of their connection.

As for whether Kuroha may have been an inspiration, I’m not sure. I know Nozaki-kun and Kuroha’s Kitakubu/Magical Lollipop started the same month (although the Kitakubu oneshot was released some time earlier). I’ve not actually read Nozaki-kun, so I don’t know how early this famed tanuki mangaka was introduced. If it’s very early I feel like it’d be unlikely, since Kuroha wouldn’t have solidified it as his brand just yet. Later down the line, maybe?

As for why Kuroha himself includes the seals, in one of his twitter comics he says “filling in empty space with an animal” is something he “learned” from a manga called Kiyomura-kun to Suginokouji-kun. Which I’ve also not read, but which, from quick image searching, does appear to use mascot animals in a similar capacity. This KiyoSugi was also a Square Enix-published manga, so I imagine it also could have been a potential influence on Nozaki-kun (again, not having read either).

Dex-chan lover
Feels very axed, but it was the kind of manga that culd end whenever so it works.
Possibly the previous chaters with the side characters were hinting at the author trying to mix things up...a pity truly, this angel heroine was extremely nice to read.
Made me think of "Happy World!", without the heavy drama and violence.

Dex-chan lover
It was nice while it lasted. Even though the end was abrupt, it wasn't bad and it also was kinda what I expected to happen.

Well, I liked it, so I guess that's enough.

Aggregator gang
A bit of a standard ending, with mimiel giving up her powers and therefore discovering what love is and all that. However, the series as a whole was very fun like the authors other works. This one felt a bit less whacky and a bit more SoL, wihch was nice too. Thanks for finishing the series and for the seal stats.

Dex-chan lover
Kuroha’s first series were published in Gangan Online, the same web magazine as Nozaki-kun, so that’s probably the basis of their connection.

As for whether Kuroha may have been an inspiration, I’m not sure. I know Nozaki-kun and Kuroha’s Kitakubu/Magical Lollipop started the same month (although the Kitakubu oneshot was released some time earlier). I’ve not actually read Nozaki-kun, so I don’t know how early this famed tanuki mangaka was introduced. If it’s very early I feel like it’d be unlikely, since Kuroha wouldn’t have solidified it as his brand just yet. Later down the line, maybe?

As for why Kuroha himself includes the seals, in one of his twitter comics he says “filling in empty space with an animal” is something he “learned” from a manga called Kiyomura-kun to Suginokouji-kun. Which I’ve also not read, but which, from quick image searching, does appear to use mascot animals in a similar capacity. This KiyoSugi was also a Square Enix-published manga, so I imagine it also could have been a potential influence on Nozaki-kun (again, not having read either).

The tanuki joke in Nozaki is that there is a terrible editor that loves tanuki, and he forces his mangaka to put tanuki in the background. It's the main character's former editor, and they introduce another mangaka who still has the editor.

It starts really early, the first tanuki gag is chapter 7 and the other mangaka shows up in chapter 9, but it keeps going with her getting more and more comfortable with adding tanuki. Something about it makes me think of the seal, possibly KiyoSugi had the same editor.

Holy mother of all random, undeserved endings! The story just spins its wheels, then it ends with a random coma and an almost literal deus ex machina. I mean, the story wasn't good enough to keep going, to be fair, so it probably got axed, but jesus fuck, that felt like a slap.

Users who are viewing this thread