Chisa X Pon - Vol. 7 Ch. 36 - Endure, and endure... I couldn't endure it

Dex-chan lover
His grades are fucked. His relationship is fucked. And he’s not getting fucked no more. Good job Ponta!

Dex-chan lover
yeah im dropping this shi, i thought the drama was over lmao 😭🙏

Group Leader
yeah im dropping this shi, i thought the drama was over lmao 😭🙏
We're in the home stretch, but did you really think an author, after writing this much drama, would suddenly quit the drama for a volume and a half? That'd be like if Dragon Ball Z tried to make a season without any villains to fight.

Dex-chan lover
I may have been hard on Ponta, but to be serious, it IS a genuine concern men have. And it all gets really REALLY muddy considering Chisa actually did orgasm when she was raped.

Still, that doesn't justify his galactic stupidity. Only thing that gains him sympathy points is that he's still just a kid. Honestly, Ponta may not be properly equipped to handle his relationship with Chisa because of her past.

Dex-chan lover
Why would he say that?!

I guess it isn’t all his fault cause it was his dumb friends who caused all this in the first place, putting that shit in his head, and of course he just had to run into that guy as well, but he really shouldn’t have said that. Now he’s messed up the only thing he had going for him.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, Ponta may not be properly equipped to handle his relationship with Chisa because of her past.
I disagree, what we've seen so far would suggest that Ponta is perfectly equipped to handle his relationship with Chisa, and he’s also willing to learn where he’s lacking.

The current situation is far more of a personal issue. His friends put the idea in his head that he wasn’t properly satisfying her, and the fact that she did orgasm with Takigawa only compounded the issue.

This whole chapter is about him feeling inadequate, and his friends made him question the one thing he previously had confidence in. He blurted out what had probably been going through his head recently, the cause of his angst, and that was a huge mistake.

Dex-chan lover
I disagree, what we've seen so far would suggest that Ponta is perfectly equipped to handle his relationship with Chisa, and he’s also willing to learn where he’s lacking.

The current situation is far more of a personal issue. His friends put the idea in his head that he wasn’t properly satisfying her, and the fact that she did orgasm with Takigawa only compounded the issue.

This whole chapter is about him feeling inadequate, and his friends made him question the one thing he previously had confidence in. He blurted out what had probably been going through his head recently, the cause of his angst, and that was a huge mistake.
Yes. He was goaded into it. But end of the day, it's still partly his fault because he did let himself get carried away with his insecurity.

But aside from all this, my main point is that navigating the mind of a teenage girl as a teenage boy and being able to handle the relationship, not to mention handling his own issues, will be a task where he will repeatedly fail even with the best intentions. It's the nature of the beast.

Now throw in the sexual aspect into the mix.
And then throw in the fact that Chisa was raped.

I don't think it's a reach to say that it's a complicated and very difficult situation for adults to deal with. Imagine two adolescent, hormone-filled, mentally and emotionally underdeveloped kids try to do the same.
So when I say Ponta isn't equipped, I don't really mean him specifically. The situation itself is the minefield. In my opinion, Chisa shouldn't even be in a relationship, not for a while. But that wouldn't be a very fun story unfortunately.

Dex-chan lover
Yes. He was goaded into it. But end of the day, it's still partly his fault because he did let himself get carried away with his insecurity.

But aside from all this, my main point is that navigating the mind of a teenage girl as a teenage boy and being able to handle the relationship, not to mention handling his own issues, will be a task where he will repeatedly fail even with the best intentions. It's the nature of the beast.

Now throw in the sexual aspect into the mix.
And then throw in the fact that Chisa was raped.

I don't think it's a reach to say that it's a complicated and very difficult situation for adults to deal with. Imagine two adolescent, hormone-filled, mentally and emotionally underdeveloped kids try to do the same.
So when I say Ponta isn't equipped, I don't really mean him specifically. The situation itself is the minefield. In my opinion, Chisa shouldn't even be in a relationship, not for a while. But that wouldn't be a very fun story unfortunately.
I see your point, but I still believe that despite his faults Ponta has handled his relationship with Chisa, especially after she was raped, better than most men probably could.

He’s had a lot of help, but even his willingness to learn is something worthy of praise. Along with his patience, and thoughtfulness, it’s allowed him to help Chisa overcome some of the trauma that she was dealing with after what happened, even though he’s seriously put his foot in his mouth here.

I don’t think there are a lot of men who could handle it like he has, nor are there a lot who would be willing to stand by her through all of it.

It's complicated, like the teacher has explained in a previous chapter, for a woman to orgasm in those circumstances is a destroying blow to her ego and, albeit not common, it happens in real life. That, compounded by the fact that Chisa willingly met the guy behind Honda's back, makes it worse.

Only in a manga would a 17 year old kid would do the things Honda did in such short time to mend Chisa's heart and be able to accept her without blaming her. And he didn't. But his own ego was getting destroyed by the circumstances. So him blurting out what he did in that moment is also very realistic. And the pain she felt hearing that was also realistic. It Takigawa was merely an ex that she didn't love anymore, she would've been able to lift Honda's spirits and rebuild his confidence. Instead, she had her wounds re-opened as if Honda just said, and in a way he did, "you don't feel good with me but you felt good with a guy who raped you."

Looking forward to the next chapters. I do wonder if Chisa will relapse in self-destructing behavior or if Honda will be able to understand how much Chisa loves him and how much she wishes that the rape had never happened, not only for herself but for Honda.

Dex-chan lover
I see your point, but I still believe that despite his faults Ponta has handled his relationship with Chisa, especially after she was raped, better than most men probably could.

He’s had a lot of help, but even his willingness to learn is something worthy of praise. Along with his patience, and thoughtfulness, it’s allowed him to help Chisa overcome some of the trauma that she was dealing with after what happened, even though he’s seriously put his foot in his mouth here.

I don’t think there are a lot of men who could handle it like he has, nor are there a lot who would be willing to stand by her through all of it.
Oh I completely agree with you that he did well and was unusually level-headed during that whole time Chisa went off the deep end. He handled it so well that it's immersion-breaking for me, haha!

Despite the questionable believability of plenty of characters in this manga though, I have to admire the author because it's clear to me that the point here is not to just simulate characters but to actually tell a story that is surprisingly thought provoking. This method sacrifices consistency of the characters somewhat, but I think in this case, it was worth it (so far).

Dex-chan lover
Everyone above has (have?) good points. His classmates fucked with his head in the worst way they could have unintentionally. He spiraled down to the point where he hurt in the worst way he could have unintentionally. (The actual NTR was worse for both of them but that was intentional and the whole point of doing it.)

All of his volume will likely be them recovering from this. In real life this would have a high chance of ending the relationship.

Users who are viewing this thread