The Impregnable Demon King's Castle and the Expelled Black Mage of the Hero's Party - Vol. 6 Ch. 27 - The Defense! VS The Nikola Party

Dex-chan lover
Good to see them own the heroes, but also I'm a little sad that the solution was basically just "train so you're no longer an elementary dungeon", since Remme acknowledges that they're basically intermediate now. I would've liked to see some kind of solution that let them rebrand a bit, but still maintain some of their identity as an elementary dungeon, just more enticing.

I guess it's possible that they're still a "training dungeon" though that doesn't always go 100%, and they'll go easier on beginners, or something, to let them get some more experience, but I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't the case. Though, it could maybe be that the "All Level" the brother was hinting at is some kind of level-sync function Remme implemented, which I'd be fine with.

Dex-chan lover
Should the Goblins and all the monsters be worried? No.

Should the demon lord's father be worried? No.

Should this heroes' party be worried? Yes, but not really.

The only one that should be worried is the Vampire girl. Because once Remme says somen motivational lines to this new girl, she's as good as caught.

Dex-chan lover
Good to see them own the heroes, but also I'm a little sad that the solution was basically just "train so you're no longer an elementary dungeon", since Remme acknowledges that they're basically intermediate now. I would've liked to see some kind of solution that let them rebrand a bit, but still maintain some of their identity as an elementary dungeon, just more enticing.

I guess it's possible that they're still a "training dungeon" though that doesn't always go 100%, and they'll go easier on beginners, or something, to let them get some more experience, but I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't the case. Though, it could maybe be that the "All Level" the brother was hinting at is some kind of level-sync function Remme implemented, which I'd be fine with.
I think the idea is that beginner adventurers get the training treatment. returning players get a new experience with a hidden boss in the archer centaur.

Dex-chan lover
I'm so lost on the concept of this right now.
This is a 'beginner' dungeon, right ?
But, beginner difficulty for whom ??
Who's supposed to win by learning from it ? You can't have 2 winners... Always someone gotta lose.

Dex-chan lover
Who's supposed to win by learning from it ? You can't have 2 winners... Always someone gotta lose.
It's now an intermediate level due to the monsters being trained up, since begginner level dungeons were dying off. People polished their skills in training facilities rather than beginner dungeons. So, this being an intermediate level now acts as a training dungeon for the new generation of adventurers, training them in tactics rather than just leveling them up.

Dex-chan lover
I do say. The adamantine hero is pretty ballsy to go into a dungeon without some gear to cover his weakness. Glasses are fairly easy to knock off from your face when you are moving around and such which is the reason why people get specialized sports goggles.

I think the idea is that beginner adventurers get the training treatment. returning players get a new experience with a hidden boss in the archer centaur.
I'll gladly replay a map like that if they are going to serve something different when I return.

Dex-chan lover
Should the Goblins and all the monsters be worried? No.

Should the demon lord's father be worried? No.

Should this heroes' party be worried? Yes, but not really.

The only one that should be worried is the Vampire girl. Because once Remme says somen motivational lines to this new girl, she's as good as caught.
Nah, too late for that. She's already caught and he hasn't said a word to her. Much like Bella.

Dex-chan lover

Dungeon clearing is entertainment, so to use a (bad) analogy think of it like amateur/semi-pro/pro sports.

This dungeon was designed for people new to dungeon-clearing. You were meant to keep challenging it (and paying the fee) until you mastered the basics.

However people started establishing the equivalent of training camps, and so new heroes started skipping the dungeon and moving up to harder (and more lucrative) dungeons, leaving this dungeon and others like it to go bankrupt.

Dex-chan lover

Probably this, much like how Remme was able to show up on 1st floor as 'wandering monster', Kei here can be the dynamic difficulty.

By adjusting the difficulty based on challengers' level, they can keep to the 'training' theme of the dungeon.
Remme just train them to be strong enough that people can't just try to brute force the 'puzzles' (like the fairy and glass guy who tried to rely on their raw stat)

Dex-chan lover
In page 3, Remmé said that it will still be an elementary dungeon for beginners to train (as in, they'll pull their punches and probably not deploying Kei).

However, in page 4 he asked if Thor doesn't mind to have veteran adventurers that challenge the dungeon to get annihilated. He then explain that his subordinates will also taste some wins. In addition to what happened in this chapter, we can then conclude that it's gonna be an adaptive dungeon.

Easy dungeon for the newbies and challenging (if not outright unconquerable) dungeon for the experienced, so it's a win-win for both parties.

Users who are viewing this thread