Boku no Tsuma wa Hattatsu Shougai

Dex-chan lover
so she's got ADHD which is common these day's. title gives the impression its something worse

Double-page supporter
i can only think that she is fine, this type of person are acceptable as marriage partner

Now this is wholesome! As one with ADHD and autism in my 30s and laid off multiple times with no clear understanding of what I did wrong or how to fix it, I'm extremely blessed to have married someone who supports and encourages me like the husband here.

Armchair analysis: ADHD is rarer to be diagnosed in women compared to men, so she certainly is a "rare animal". Chika appears to exhibit primarily hyperactive ADHD (rarer with women). Also, with her lack of ability to pick up on social cues and lack of understanding of how her actions can appear to others, it seems to suggest that she might be on the autism spectrum as well, which is not uncommon for those with ADHD. The diagnosis must have been relatively recent, as Chika and her psychiatrist are only recently gauging her reaction to Concerta. Finding the right drugs can often take a lot time (took me several years before I was able to settle on Atomoxetine), so some people with ADHD eventually find ways to operate and structure their lives without drugs.

I don't really like slice-of-life, but I'm totally looking forward to seeing where this one goes from here!

Now this is wholesome! As one with ADHD and autism in my 30s and laid off multiple times with no clear understanding of what I did wrong or how to fix it, I'm extremely blessed to have married someone who supports and encourages me like the husband here.

Armchair analysis: ADHD is rarer to be diagnosed in women compared to men, so she certainly is a "rare animal". Chika appears to exhibit primarily hyperactive ADHD (rarer with women). Also, with her lack of ability to pick up on social cues and lack of understanding of how her actions can appear to others, it seems to suggest that she might be on the autism spectrum as well, which is not uncommon for those with ADHD. The diagnosis must have been relatively recent, as Chika and her psychiatrist are only recently gauging her reaction to Concerta. Finding the right drugs can often take a lot time (took me several years before I was able to settle on Atomoxetine), so some people with ADHD eventually find ways to operate and structure their lives without drugs.

I don't really like slice-of-life, but I'm totally looking forward to seeing where this one goes from here!
I wish your ADHD had kicked in halfway through writing that comment so I didn't have to read all of that...

Dex-chan lover
Read through the first 4 chapters. Not gonna read any more of it.

I'm the first to promote paternalism and the semi-ironic "I can fix her" mentality, but this manga does a very poor job at it. Instead FMC is much too childlike in her appearance and her personalities. It also doesn't give her any depth, despite there being an attempt made.

Men who marry the "tardwife" do so because she is an escape from the insanity (or should I say, the sanity) of everyday life. Her problems become yours, but her humility and dependency on you give you security, and you give her hope and boundless love... not because she is childlike (in fact, many are rather heavy in their emotional well-being).

This does the exact opposite: Belittle the problems while also making her incredibly childlike instead of feminine. Feels like pedobait, especially with MMC's very quiet and anxious personality.

So awful in its depiction of ADHD that it’s genuinely funny how bad it is
Not everyone with ADHD has the same experience. They're speaking from their own personal experience with it, as the artist has ADHD and the writer and artist are married. Personally, I relate with her a lot. She also might be on the autism spectrum, given certain clues.

Users who are viewing this thread