Kimi no Kokoro wo Kanjitai - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - I Don’t Understand Her Feelings!!

Group Leader
Don't be a dick and snipe from group that already is working on this for months. Also, translation feels very stiff. Notes feel way to elaborated for "basic consumer". I want to understand content. Not really learn ins and outs of Japanese
I want to say right now that nobody sniped nobody here. Neither group knew the other was working on it, it was just pure coincidence.

And if the post I found on the other release is related to this then LFS has probably been working on it for less time. I was pretty purposefully not public with the title to avoid getting sniped and I realize now that just made for confusion.

As for the notes, not my release, but I did have someone on Twitter ask for something along those lines for this series

Group Leader
Don't be a dick and snipe from group that already is working on this for months. Also, translation feels very stiff. Notes feel way to elaborated for "basic consumer". I want to understand content. Not really learn ins and outs of Japanese
Background.png
20240314_072620.png

Dex-chan lover
we've been planning to work on this since July 2023, but being lazy is easier y'know

Double-page supporter
Poor Japanese male teenagers, need so huge clues to interact with females.

Group Leader
Ohhh, it's nice have a two group working in this title.

I think its a good idea you guys can work together as a join project (since you know, translating this is hard cuz the kanji thing, japanese is sucks), but yeahh it all up to you guys...

At the end, i hope i can read the ending of this story.

Well, keep the work guys and good luck!

Group Leader
Ohhh, it's nice have a two group working in this title.

I think its a good idea you guys can work together as a join project (since you know, translating this is hard cuz the kanji thing, japanese is sucks), but yeahh it all up to you guys...

At the end, i hope i can read the ending of this story.

Well, keep the work guys and good luck!
We did discuss the idea of working together, but in the end, neither team wanted to have people give up their roles, so we'll just both be working and releasing independently.

Dex-chan lover
I understand you guys wanting to give a deeper understanding of the wordplay involved but a lot of the, for lack of a better term, puns and plays on kanji choices and their evolutions towards whatever meaning they have don't make any sense out of context for an English audience.

like on page 20 the kanji becomes, as you label it, "distribute". But eventually the MC and later you explain that the meaning is more like "to worry". But I shouldn't need to wait until the end pages with translator notes to really get why that's there. It should be the other way around, putting the contextual meaning within the flow of the story and the somewhat more esoteric explanation for what it literally says and why it means what it does at the end.

Dex-chan lover
I understand you guys wanting to give a deeper understanding of the wordplay involved but a lot of the, for lack of a better term, puns and plays on kanji choices and their evolutions towards whatever meaning they have don't make any sense out of context for an English audience.

like on page 20 the kanji becomes, as you label it, "distribute". But eventually the MC and later you explain that the meaning is more like "to worry". But I shouldn't need to wait until the end pages with translator notes to really get why that's there. It should be the other way around, putting the contextual meaning within the flow of the story and the somewhat more esoteric explanation for what it literally says and why it means what it does at the end.
Yeah... and you would be right, if not for the fact that each character is just ONE character, not an entire word.
You probably have no idea how many words can be formed with a given kanji, which is why we're sticking to the general meaning of the kanji itself and not what it means in context.
This aspect will be even clearer when the protagonist encounters kanji he can't read (and trust me, not even japanese readers would probably be able to, in some cases). Out of curiosity, check out the dictionary entry for "distribute": https://jisho.org/search/*配*.

Take page 21: the last panel would make no sense for an english reader because "why would you need to think about it when I already know what she means with that kanji???", right?
The other group is doing the exact opposite of what we're doing with those kanji, so feel free to read theirs, if you prefer it that way. Although in my opinion it makes no sense, because at that point some of the gags won't come through (exactly because there is no misunderstanding at all for the reader), but you do you.

Dex-chan lover
And... just a side note: you can just skip the explanations altogether if you can't be bothered. I'm pretty confident when saying you can enjoy the story without any deep knowledge of kanji (although knowing some stuff would surely enhance the experience)

Users who are viewing this thread