The Archmage's Restaurant - Ch. 24

Dex-chan lover
Yep, cheesy as fuck and pointless destruction of a castle. But ehh, writing is hard.

Double-page supporter
Poor mother was like a protagonist of those tragic genre or heavy read of-
-of those neo webtoons of protagonist transmigrating into "dating-sim./otome"-like romance novels…

But nay, this is such light work here.

Dex-chan lover
Medrine casually squashed those knights head.

The same Medrine who get bullied by MC and Rin.

Or is his connection through that one mage so powerful that the Empire just lets him do that?
He's a retired archmage, the empire knows who he is. In previous chapters, the crown prince was showing off the fact that he had a 7th rank mage at his beck and call yet she was utterly terrified of the MC, who's a 9th rank. Safe to say his words carry much more weight than a mere count.

i know it's to prove a point and all
but damn MC is stupid.

sell all the things inside first. the castle was made by corruption money right? sell what you can sell, then give back to the victim. THEN you can destroy the building. although selling the building is another way.

the way it is now, you only helped Dieran and fam.
They've already removed all the workers from the castle so who's to say that he didn't already remove all the valuables and evidence as well? It should be simple enough given his abilities and connections.

Just because they didn't show it doesn't mean it didn't happen. The author probably wanted to wrap up this arc already and with a bang as well.

Dex-chan lover
Well, the spectacle aside, if he actually has evidence about the count wrong doings and his victims, I think he might still be able to put charge on the count to reimburse all the damage caused on his victims.

So, blowing the house doesn't really matter, just making it harder for the count to reimburse the victims, but he still need to reimburse them, so it's just more work for the count.

Otherwise, if he didn't have any evidence or at least a copy of the evidence, then yeah, kind of a bad move.

Plot oversights, scmhlot oversights. My only regret is that I didn't get to see the villain grovel even more. I love over-analyzing certain things, but when someone is a complete shit, I can let a few overlooked aspects slide... Hell, I'd laugh at a side story about the poor peasant whose hut got crushed by the debris lol.

What I want to know is how the husband recovered, and how everyone is chill with the fact that MC's dragon girl straight up kidnapped another mage, who is also suddenly just hunky dory despite being bound and gagged the night before.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Imagine if at the end she was like, thanks and all but you just destroyed the house I shared with my mother who was a lovely person until my father murdered her.

Dex-chan lover
Daang, destroying his whole castle is brutal! I Love it!!!

TGN

Dex-chan lover
...I don't think you can just... do that. Surely this would realistically backfire badly, right? Or is his connection through that one mage so powerful that the Empire just lets him do that?
Pretty sure the dude could just 1v1 the entire empire. I don't think they're gonna do shit to stop him

Dex-chan lover
i know it's to prove a point and all
but damn MC is stupid.

sell all the things inside first. the castle was made by corruption money right? sell what you can sell, then give back to the victim. THEN you can destroy the building. although selling the building is another way.

the way it is now, you only helped Dieran and fam.
that's with the point of view that money is a priority

Dex-chan lover
...I don't think you can just... do that. Surely this would realistically backfire badly, right? Or is his connection through that one mage so powerful that the Empire just lets him do that?
I think the dragon alone (beside him) is enough to destroy the country and he is much stronger than the dragon.

Users who are viewing this thread