The Plain Girl Sitting Next to Me - Ch. 37 - Are you looking down on me?

Supporter
The idea of a "fan club" based around a fellow student is this concept to me that must have developed out in East Asian countries because I never had even heard of such a thing before getting into the media.

As bizarre and different as the first time I saw residential flood irrigation...

Supporter
Welp, story is honestly down the gutter for me, since her introduction and the focus shifted to her <_<.. At this point I don't even want MC to date Sono anymore x_x
I think the problem is that there's too much plot for the medium. The majority of the chapters are 4 or 5 pages, with some going to 6 or 7. Chapters 6 & 7 (and the Twitter extras) each had 10, but those have been outliers. There isn't enough room to have things properly develop.

And it's not even like @Gramine is behind, because this chapter was just posted on the 5th.

Dex-chan lover
I really can't see any scenario where Sono comes out looking like a girl I want our MC to date.

I think the problem is that there's too much plot for the medium. The majority of the chapters are 4 or 5 pages, with some going to 6 or 7. Chapters 6 & 7 (and the Twitter extras) each had 10, but those have been outliers. There isn't enough room to have things properly develop.

And it's not even like @Gramine is behind, because this chapter was just posted on the 5th.
You hit the nail on the head perfectly. There's too many spinning plates for a story that has chapters with 4 pages. I think we'd be better off if the focus was on 1 or 2 characters.

Dex-chan lover
Wtf even is this story right now lol. I usually don't mind side pairs (a lot of times even prefer them), but this one was super forced on us in such an unnatural way. It's so hamfisted that they even made a gag of how forced the sudden backstory was. Like seriously, why should we suddenly care about these two that there's full chapters dedicated to them lol.

Don't get me wrong, I think the sis and senpai have potential and I was interested in them when the whole drama came out, but the way the author is telling their story is not very good....

Dex-chan lover
Girl gets treated nicely > Doesn't think much of them.
Girl gets treated like shit > Goes head over heels for them.

Yeah, that pretty much checks out.
Been a while since I’d seen the “nice guys” shtick in the wild. I thought this shit has died out.

Dex-chan lover
I honestly forgot everything about this manga and the short chapters don't help, who even are these people?

Dex-chan lover
Been a while since I’d seen the “nice guys” shtick in the wild. I thought this shit has died out.
It's not even about 'nice guys finishing last' anymore. Today's girls keep complaining about not finding the 'right man' when they don't realize they're destroying themselves seeing guys that treat them like shit.

Here, not even the 'nice lesbians' are safe because their potential interests are after toxic girls. I don't think either of the guys and lesbians in the 'nice' category want to put up with that drama anymore, so they're not even taking part of the race.

Users who are viewing this thread