Hope You're Happy, Lemon - Ch. 19

Aggregator gang
Oh. This Trope I always find annoying tbh. Specifically these like: "I must be right about all my assumptions and I protect the person I worship at detriment of others who may or may not be guilty,"

Bro needs to hurry up and Tell her he doesn't like Lemon. Tho I feel if he tells her who he likes she'll find a way to still turn it on him like: "SO YOURE USING HER BODY TO GET CLOSER TO HER ROOMATE, I KNEW IT YOU WERE SCUM ALLL ALONG," or some bullshit.

Author also really needs to resolve this main Lemon Cheated with a bunch of peeps lie. Because as is MC has absolutely zero interest in getting back with her. And her being all semi possessive and acting in love just gets across a li'l more annoying, specially given how much more carefree Lemon has Generally been about the body swapping (in part I assume cuz SHE appreciates it as a way of getting close to him again). I'd say MC should also tell Lemon who he likes but he has no real reason to as she's still technically just his EX/Former Childhood friend by now. And he has no reason to assume she likes him or needs to know who he likes.

Anyways I need the next chapter to please resolve Atleast the Saika situation lol.
I feel like the author is avoiding this because it gets in the way of Sunao and Lemon eventually getting together again. At no point has Sunao said he doesn't like Lemon. In fact, I don't think he's had a single negative thought about the girl who supposedly cheated on him woth multiple guys. He doesn't even seem put out in the slightest by the idea of being forced to spend time with her.

Dex-chan lover
Do you know what's worse? She'll probably become his friend and everything will be forgotten.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like the author is avoiding this because it gets in the way of Sunao and Lemon eventually getting together again. At no point has Sunao said he doesn't like Lemon. In fact, I don't think he's had a single negative thought about the girl who supposedly cheated on him woth multiple guys. He doesn't even seem put out in the slightest by the idea of being forced to spend time with her.
Yeah, it feels like the cheating plot device may as well have never been written in, with how little it affects the present story.

Dex-chan lover
I'm convinced you guys are just reading this manga to be mad at this point.
Well, for me specifically, and am sure for many others too, im too curious/invested about how this will go to drop it since im already too deep in, but at the same time there isnt much good to say bout the plot rn, since the mc's actions and emotions dont make sense for someone who got cheated on with 3 dudes. I still dont know why the author didnt just have Lemon breakup with mc without this exaggerated cheating scandal, but allas thats besides the point.

Fed-Kun's army
Which then leads me to think that the point of taking so long to get to Sunao telling someone about it is that Lemon is somehow the one responsible for the body-swapping, and it's happened before, and it was someone else in her body that told Sunao she cheated on him as a way to get Lemon out of the relationship while the swapping was going on.

Lemon definitely has some role in the body swapping. Chapter 1 shows her making a wish to a shooting star. The only question is whether the swapping was the intended effect.

Lemon also says that the cheating thing she made up, so I don't think it was someone else that told Sunao that.
she allegedly was a serial cheater (that's most likely not true and is some weird excuse to break up with Sunao
It was already said that the cheating thing was a lie Lemon made up.

Dex-chan lover
Half of this chapter would not exist if tee gay said that lemon was his ex

Dex-chan lover
Well shes right about mc never using his brain if anything else...

Dex-chan lover
Why are you taking lectures from and apologizing to a stalker?
That's just how much of a brainfart the Manga is.. 🥲

Last I checked he had a Girlfriend who he's trying to hide the Lemon swapping shit from, now he says he has someone he likes who he wants to like him back.. ô_o

It's also still disregarding the entire backstory of how he's basically been cheated on by Lemon with multiple men, which was never corrected as a lie so he should still think as much ô_ô..

Story is really just disregarding everything and just going with whatever

Dex-chan lover
Incoming rant/organzing thoughts. The girl aiming for lemon isn't much of an issue to me. Just your usual plot device. She's annoying but whatever. The main plot is still fascinating to me.

I wish we knew more about Lemon. Like all these people are popping out of the woodwork and are in love with her. And one who is in love with Sunao but bodyswapped Lemon which will cause issues later. Like do they love just because she's cute? We know nothing about her except she is an incredibly huge airhead and that she allegedly was a serial cheater (that's most likely not true and is some weird excuse to break up with Sunao.. there's something weird with their relationship because she still loves him shrug). I think Lemon may have felt inadequate or unwanted by Sunao and blamed herself? Sunao has been shown to be incredibly laser-focused on his on plans that he didn't look at the person in front of him and Lemon prolly took that the wrong way. In the end, I think there's prolly some meddling god or something that's trying to force Sunao and Lemon to reconcile their differences and understand each other...idk
i like the part where she broke up with him and has been in love with him still for years... like you graduated highschool and if it was bullies you coulda gone back after graduation or something... i dunno i get they are young but seems like author was like HEY I GOT THIS RAD IDEA but dont know how to execute... infinite sadness

Dex-chan lover
The MC needs to learn from his friend just say a big fat NO and move on you don't have to hear her rant and stupid nonsense. She is literally a person you just met why are you being so considerate to a rude stranger. She is that type of character that makes a good enjoyable manga an absolute dumpster. Now every chapter we have to pray she doesn't appear just to not listen to her stupid bullshit

Dex-chan lover
I don't know why every single romance manga does this, why the need to add an annoying character that nobody is gonna like and just pushed to the sides

this entire chapter is pissing me off, this whole charcter and subplot did not have to be made. From his point of view I still don't know how he is keeping his cool in this conversation.

Dex-chan lover
For real, never seen a comment section so full of hate-readers.
Search "Rent a Girlfriend" and pick a random chapter thread. The actual Girlfriend fans actually opened a subreddit or something similar so they could get away from the sheer amount of commenters here shit talking the manga (deservedly, I should add)

Dex-chan lover
this entire chapter is pissing me off, this whole charcter and subplot did not have to be made. From his point of view I still don't know how he is keeping his cool in this conversation.
I am very aware that lesbian third wheel characters in "heterosexual" romance manga get a lot of hate, sometimes quite unfairly. But damn, this new girl is insufferable. Arrogant, dumb as bricks and jumps into conclusions. Like a female version of those boy characters who claim "you're causing the hot girl embarrassment by being with her"

Aggregator gang
Man, I really liked where the last few chapters were going, but not a huge fan of her ending up as this kind of tropey character. There is a ton of still untapped potential just between the 3 MCs, so this just feels out of place and unnecessary.

Still really love this manga, though.

Dex-chan lover
It's been established that this guy has no backbone. Also because romcom readers think this kind of routine is "funny" I guess. Anything to keep these characters from having any sort of meaningful development.
Well, technically, it WOULD be funny if done right.

Like, the person who is obviously bad doing the lecture.... but it only works when it works as a joke and we don't take things seriously...

It doesn't work when we are actually irritated by the character.....

It's basically the idea that a trope isn't funny because it exists but how it's used....

Which is the flaw of this series... it has every element needed to be great.... and they are done well.... but the execution in contexts with the full series is done in a bad way....

Also, as you mentioned, it's being used to actually block development, not because the situation called for the humor....

Aka, he's doing a good trope but writing it badly....

Fed-Kun's army
That's just how much of a brainfart the Manga is.. 🥲

Last I checked he had a Girlfriend who he's trying to hide the Lemon swapping shit from, now he says he has someone he likes who he wants to like him back.. ô_o

It's also still disregarding the entire backstory of how he's basically been cheated on by Lemon with multiple men, which was never corrected as a lie so he should still think as much ô_ô..

Story is really just disregarding everything and just going with whatever

Go reread chapter, it 1 literally says that Lemon was his first and only girlfriend and that he has someone he likes who he wants to like him back.

Chapter 1 also explains why the cheating thing isn't being focused on and that's because Sunao is intentionally ignoring it because he doesn't want to look like he has baggage from a previous relationship.

Users who are viewing this thread