Hope You're Happy, Lemon - Ch. 23

Dex-chan lover
Suzuka not willing to admit yet that the one he fell for was Sunao as Lemon, but now he has a new potential interest.

Raika Backstory feels like it'd have an interesting dynamic with the False Lemon cheating if that comes to light.

Lemon choosing to procrastinate telling the truth. This mini arc does kinda feel like a setup arc. Like they're setting up some factors for later when things finally go down for certain characters to make certain decisions. Next one may also do something similar.

Aside from that tho,tbh at this point it seems she will take any opportunity not to address the truth. It just feels like she's setting herself, and Sunao a bit, for a huge fall and blow up in her face...

Half expecting that next we also get some new Guy who is annoying like Raika but in another way. And he Just comes in claiming to be an old BF of Lemon's or something, Sunao assuming it's one of the guys she cheated on him with. Extra points if it is a guy who used to be friends with Sunao or something.

yay i cant wait for continuing zero development or interesting things done with the bodyswap story premise, now that we're done with the most annoying pointless character being inserted and stopping the plot for several chapters
give me back the story that had some kind of promise and potential depth to the characters not just highschoolers without uniforms. i bet that theyll even be flustered about kissing despite being like 20
watch this become rental girlfriend with enough wheelspinning

My god!! the author spilled so many beans in earlier chapters and now dragging it on and on. I actually liked it till uni festival arc and now it's just fluff. This is it. I'm putting it on hold for few months.

Aggregator gang
I hate every character in this.

Also, I'm convinced the author has never talked to a single other human being. People don't work like this. You can't bring up trauma from cheating and them sweep it under the rug. You can't introduce an insane stalker then sweep it under the rug. We haven't even had any bodyswap shenanigans for several chapters! You can't rugsweep magical body swapping!

Anyway, see y'all next week.

Fed-Kun's army
This is getting tedious. This chapter was a pain to read. I don't even care anymore, will finish it just to say it's done, but holy shit it's so annoying and boring at the same time.

Dex-chan lover
This has like 468421 plot points that goes absolutely nowhere lol. Amazing feat if you think about it. We have just seen 2 characters meddling with someone elses romance and patting themselfs in the back afterwards. Suzuka lost all the points he has gotten so far as the single most rational character of the cast. Someone like him would absolutely realise what he fall for was Sunao no Lemon. But plot needs to happen so he is retarded now. What a mess.

Also Reika's advice to not give up is absolutely terrible and only leads to depression lol. Great way to solidify your place in friendzone forever.

Last edited:
Group Leader
. Someone like him would absolutely realise what he fall for was Sunao no Lemon. But plot needs to happen so he is retarded now. What a mess.
More like dude falls in love with literally anyone who acts nice to him, if his reaction at the end of this chapter is anything to go by.

He only fell in love with "Lemon" because she acted all buddy buddy with him, it wasn't anything that special. Now he's switching over to Raika all because she reaffirmed his feelings instead of putting him down (ie just being a nice person), he barely even knows her.

I think we gave him too much credit, he's just as dumb as everyone else in this series (except Kogahara who should be protected at all costs and doesn't deserve this shit show).

Dex-chan lover
More like dude falls in love with literally anyone who acts nice to him, if his reaction at the end of this chapter is anything to go by.
Yeah exacly. It is so stereotypical that its almost sad. He is just a lonely nerd who craves intimicy so It could be anybody not neccesaryly Lemon. But even than, it was not Lemon and all the girls he is interacting are due to Sunao. Dude is fucking lonely lol.

We did give him too much credit.

Dex-chan lover
Suzuka not willing to admit yet that the one he fell for was Sunao as Lemon, but now he has a new potential interest.

Raika Backstory feels like it'd have an interesting dynamic with the False Lemon cheating if that comes to light.

Lemon choosing to procrastinate telling the truth. This mini arc does kinda feel like a setup arc. Like they're setting up some factors for later when things finally go down for certain characters to make certain decisions. Next one may also do something similar.

Aside from that tho,tbh at this point it seems she will take any opportunity not to address the truth. It just feels like she's setting herself, and Sunao a bit, for a huge fall and blow up in her face...

Half expecting that next we also get some new Guy who is annoying like Raika but in another way. And he Just comes in claiming to be an old BF of Lemon's or something, Sunao assuming it's one of the guys she cheated on him with. Extra points if it is a guy who used to be friends with Sunao or something.
Yeah I think now the point of Raika's character is that she'll say something to Sunao about if he likes Lemon at all and he'll be like "well actually she cheated on me" and then she'll go confront lemon and then that's how we will see the backstory on why she said that. Then Raika will be on Lemon's team trying to patch things up and figure out how to tell him

Dex-chan lover
Despite how much of a mess this is, I still weirdly enjoy it. I do hope for some proper progress, though. Lemon doesn't have to confess to Sunao, but she should clear up that damn misunderstanding.
Do have to say that I somehow like Raika now. She's definitely a massive weirdo, she basically idolizes Lemon and due to her prior bad experience she assumed that Sunao had to be a bad guy who was gonna hurt her idol. Nonetheless, her intentions are good, and since she realized she was wrong she has been massively apologetic. She's a weirdo for sure, but in a way that's kinda cute and innocent. Obviously this would be a lot weirder if it was real life and not a cute anime girl.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
That was a nice cute chapter to cap off a decent little setup plot arc. Can't say I was surprised about the way Suzuka's being moved along, but I suppose it'd be silly not to, in the long run.

Fed-Kun's army
Well just skipped ahead 20 chapter & saw that absolutely nothing got resolved yet except that new characters got introduced.
Yeah remember now why i didn't have it saved up anywhere in all the mangas i am currently reading.

Guess i see you @ chapter ~40 again to check if anything happened at all so i can decide if this shit is really worth my time to read from the beginning again :bocchiwave:

Dex-chan lover
tn_1235245586270.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread