Kingdom - Ch. 790 - The Blood of Seika

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter.

Personally IMO it’s quite important to know how Riboku managed to get the people and higher ups of Seika on his side (pg. 9 only makes it seem like he gave speeches), but what exactly did he say/offer for instance, especially after the two pages prior to that are about the discussion on the hesitance of helping him and that Seika’s people loyalty are mainly to their own city.

I mean if the people of Seika are mainly interested in only protecting their own city (as they seem to be depicted), changing their country of allegiance is an option, especially since Zhao is already losing territory left and right, and mainly interested in protecting their capital. So Riboku must have persuaded them somehow or offered somehing to not do that.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So Riboku must have persuaded them somehow or offered somehing to not do that.
Offered them the secret behind teleporting armies, I bet.

Jokes aside,
"they'll show what Riboku discussed with Shibashou and what he said to the people of Seika to get them onboard. Entire chapter is a flashback, so no action on the Ousen front..."

Dex-chan lover
Offered them the secret behind teleporting armies, I bet.

Jokes aside,
"they'll show what Riboku discussed with Shibashou and what he said to the people of Seika to get them onboard. Entire chapter is a flashback, so no action on the Ousen front..."
That would be nice.
I really find it interesting on what he offers/says because Riboku is currently politically shunned by the current king and his people who are only interested in their own well being, so he can’t offer any government promises/policies/perks (or if any it can’t be expected to last).

If anything Seika would probably get more benefit by aligning with Qin and helping them take the Zhao capital, they might become semi-autonomous under Qin and lose less people that way.

Well, we will get to know next week as you said, I just hope it’s nothing silly.

Dex-chan lover
Every battle where a single dude elevated on a gigantic horse is a problem, I ask myself if china hasn't heard of bows. I know this isn't true, because the hi-shin is confirmed to have at least two archers, so the setting has bows, and knows to use them in warfare.

So why, pray tell, do we never see even just a single arrow fly at these conveniently helmetless super important giga-generals? I can understand not using archers on the offensive, but defensively, like this? What reason is there to not shoot at the giant, 20 ft. tall man-mountain so clearly visible over the ranks of other infantry and cavalry? Fucking use archers. I know they're the dishonorable cheat code of medieval warfare, but you're just throwing endless scores of soldiers into the trash here.

Dex-chan lover
It is getting rather tiresome seeing the Qin troops get absolutely bodied every battle. We hear a lot about Ousen's acumen and competency, but every time he's been in a fight, it's been a humiliating defeat.

Every battle where a single dude elevated on a gigantic horse is a problem, I ask myself if china hasn't heard of bows. I know this isn't true, because the hi-shin is confirmed to have at least two archers, so the setting has bows, and knows to use them in warfare.

Shin's unit did have those hunters, who shot some arrows once.

The problem that this manga has is pacing, similar to Attack on Titan, they drip feed info between the chapters. Annoying when reading from week to week, better when binged. This manga awesome when I was binging (from chapter 1 for the death of Houken)but now its just check the update.

This is pretty much the climax of Zhao though so expect slower progression and then short wrap up with the Riboku storyline

Dex-chan lover
It is getting rather tiresome seeing the Qin troops get absolutely bodied every battle. We hear a lot about Ousen's acumen and competency, but every time he's been in a fight, it's been a humiliating defeat.
I think this is what aggravates a lot of fans here. It’s not so much that Riboku is extremely competent and flawless (though that also annoys), but that Qin’s just getting completely and one-sidedly outmanoeuvred at every single step, and none have the ability to do anything because no matter how risky Riboku’s stratagems are, Qin never has the ability to actually punish him for taking risks.

Doesn’t help that Ousen and bandit king (forget his name already in this onslaught of names) basically provide strategy as follows:
Ousen: “I have a strategy.”
Qin: “A strategy! In this day and age? At this point in the war? At this very battlefield! Conceived entirely within your mind?”
Ousen: “Yes.”
Qin: “May we know it?”
Ousen: “No.”

Dex-chan lover
I see this is the worst thing Riboku has ever done, he dragged a bunch of decent guys to fight a war that he should lose because the sooner anyone kills the king of Zhao the better
tbh qin shi huang also dragged millions of his people to do genocide all across china for his unifying ambitions as what been said by kanki when they met

MD@Home
ok surely there's no way ousen can't fight himself, right?

he's ouki's close relative, and ouhon's father.
he's definitely a very skilled fighter and he simply keeps this as a last resort up his sleeve for a rainy day.
he's going to leave the 2 enemy generals to his own 2 generals and handle shibashou himself.

...right???

Dex-chan lover
It is getting rather tiresome seeing the Qin troops get absolutely bodied every battle
Every time some awesome Zhao dude's glaive cleaves through fifty random Qin soldiers, I ask myself how the fuck their conquest is supposed to work. Like, at what point do they just run out of dudes to throw in front of glaives? They have so many more nations to conquer, and there's only so many times you can take a castle by building a ramp up its walls with the corpses of your own dead. You'd think Qin's generals would be extremely prudent about carefully utilizing their forces to maximum effectiveness, especially considering they're outnumbered in almost every battle.

Users who are viewing this thread