The Hero's Final Journey - Oneshot

Dex-chan lover
well hopefully some survivors can enjoy the peace unless the cycle continues on or so

Dex-chan lover
Yeah the hero is marked for life, while he did saved the world it would only be temporary until nations start to wage wars, and since be defeated the demon lord, he would also be marked by the other nations as dangerous and would try to assassinate him to avoid getting in their way.

Dex-chan lover
Hero: Oh fuck off with that nihilist nonsense. I saved the world, I can damn well save myself. "Oh, it's reality", yeah, reality for losers who just wanna lay down and die whenever the world gets too hard for them...fuck sakes, I worked THIS hard to get to you..I can enjoy the peace, the props AND the women. See ya later, loser.

Is how I end this.

Dex-chan lover
Eh. Look, if I was this hero, if I made it through trials and tribulations that saw the death of my allies and friends, if I suffered and persevered that long, that far... why the fuck would I suddenly go "Oh wow, the dark lord's three sentences blew my mind, what have i been doing all this time yadda yadda"?

Seriously, if I made it to that point, if I was THAT strong, THAT determined, THAT heroic, I'd stare the motherfucker down with my one good eye and spit at him with my last breath, "And I'd do it again."

Because I must have had some powerful reason to even take up the sword, knowing I'd likely never return.

Dex-chan lover
Oof.... harsh truths the Demon Lord is spitting out.... maybe the Demon Lord was also a former hero?
Yeah that seems to be the subtext, that the Demon Lord was a former hero, who was then thrown out like trash by humanity once the hero is no longer useful to them.

OP hero then becomes jaded and corrupted from the betrayal, and becomes the next Demon Lord, restarting the cycle.

Dex-chan lover
Hero: Oh fuck off with that nihilist nonsense. I saved the world, I can damn well save myself. "Oh, it's reality", yeah, reality for losers who just wanna lay down and die whenever the world gets too hard for them...fuck sakes, I worked THIS hard to get to you..I can enjoy the peace, the props AND the women. See ya later, loser.

Is how I end this.

Hopefully, The King isn't an Idiot and doesn't assassinate ya for being the next biggest threat to his rule.

Well, if you are that strong, a peaceful cabin in the woods is pretty nice :D

That said it isn't really that uncommon in the real world as well. There are those who serve in the military and veterans that are getting disrespected despite what they have done for their country.

Well life goes on...

Dex-chan lover
You know if like you lived we would die anyways? Like rather have this journey and die, then have moments of peace with people I don’t know then have all of humanity killed or enslaved. Your point doesn’t stand - Logical
hero.

what’s that old saying I rather live a few moments of glory than a mundane 80 years with a terrible end.

The hero has those memories, his Allie’s are gone but he won’t forget, he saved humanity. I wouldn’t care about the last words or anyone, another attempt to harm another person before it’s death. Keep your chin up

Dex-chan lover
Eh. Look, if I was this hero, if I made it through trials and tribulations that saw the death of my allies and friends, if I suffered and persevered that long, that far... why the fuck would I suddenly go "Oh wow, the dark lord's three sentences blew my mind, what have i been doing all this time yadda yadda"?

Seriously, if I made it to that point, if I was THAT strong, THAT determined, THAT heroic, I'd stare the motherfucker down with my one good eye and spit at him with my last breath, "And I'd do it again."

Because I must have had some powerful reason to even take up the sword, knowing I'd likely never return.
Yeah, if anything, the Demon Lord is just butthurt that he lost if you ask me.

Dex-chan lover
@pandascepter @sterven
this is how our story will end
adgqeZ0.jpg

Group Leader
Like this kinda hurts. Just having an awareness of veterans statistics when they come back from war and how many of them end up homeless, drowning themselves in alcohol, or self deleting.

Dex-chan lover
(Posted in the main one, but wanted it here)

It’s been just nawing at me and in the shower I made a plot. A beginning and end to this?

The hero returns, Jareld, and he just ask’s to be a blacksmith, a royal blacksmith. Why? He wants to make little trinkets for dolls he makes - that will go to children. Skip awhile. So we are in the future with 7th hero, slayed the true demon king.

He wants to go to the most dangerous land, he wants to die fighting or win. The king, the son of the old king who caused the first hero to become a demon lord, is just questioning why. Jareld just pops out of nowhere after the 7th hero gives a threat/joke. Saying he’ll take his balls with his hammer, which the king backs up that he can even though he’s older now.

Blah blah the king agrees and it ends with the 7th hero getting a pink rabbit doll as a condition (has a consumable protection spell on it) and he leaves. Jareld offers the king dolls for his daughter because he seen guys trying to court her. The king completely agrees and skips to Jareld giving him a rabbit trinket and a cat one (Rabbit to clip onto stuff and the Cat to be worn). Broship, more Grandpa & grandson relationship.

(Side flavor after Jareld wanted to do a profession the king made it mediatory for hero’s after their journey to retire and take up a trade, and to be supported through it. - Jareld is 300+ yr old and looks fifty. He is the grandpa for the royal palace, which everyone loves him. He yearly gives dolls imbued with magic to children for free. | The old king caused the 1st hero to become a false demon lord. | Jareld made a cannon and got bored of smithing weapons after that. Which helped in the war, but Jareld made it solely because he wanted to make weapons again.)

Dex-chan lover
Yeah thanks for reminding me Maou, however you forgot that I am the one defeating you, which means as the world strongest I can kick the butt until the day I no longer breathe.

Worry not, former hero, this peaceful times will last a century.

I will guarantee that

Users who are viewing this thread