Desert Punk - Vol. 22 Ch. 139

Double-page supporter
It never quite reach the classic nor even cult status, but Desert Punk had many interesting concepts packed into it, so much so the author probably didn't quite know what to do with them.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, another of my decade long read/followed finished. A bit of a let down with the peace and all, but its the final volume. Thats quite a timeskip in the final volume too. And breeding robots? Sheeeit....Also funny to see Amagumo managed to appear in the end and fight kanta, and mitsuru being a hero there. Not sure about the twitch when Cantah the devil was mentioned, maybe its kanta managed to huron-ified himself and was cringing at that. Thanks quicksandscans for picking up the series years ago! 🫡

Dex-chan lover
Thank you so, so much for finishing this translation. What a wild ride it's been. This series has always given off powerful energy even when at its most oddball or incoherent, and I've always loved it for that.

Dex-chan lover
No where near these chapters in my reading, but thank you for completing this series.

Aggregator gang
Thank you for finishing the translations for this classic manga.

Zank zu zor ze zapter.

Dex-chan lover
I saw that „Manwha Freak“ has started scanlating the last volume over the last couple weeks. Is that why you finally released those chapters after so long? xD
Anyway, thanks. I dropped this after 20 chapters or so because of the insufferable, horny and rapey MC, but I‘ll make another attempt.

I almost can't believe that this journey has ended, I am very grateful for those translations, Desert Punk was one of the first mangas that I started to read till the chapter 129, it became my favorite work, such a great series.

Dex-chan lover
Well here we are, it was a long journey.
Thanks for the grand tale.

Btw, if it took them 10 years for the 500km trek, they only advanced 137 meters per day :nyoron:

NIB

Fed-Kun's army
It was a wild and long ride, but it was so fun until the end, I liked seeing Mizuno in the last chapters, that guy didn't change a thing in the whole story. Thank you for translate the last volume. A cult classic manga for sure, with a unique and original premise even after 27 years.

Thank you for translating!
Personally, I had mixed feelings with the shift of the story starting from volume 14. I loved the 1st part although I do think it sometimes started to feel stale, but the gun fights and strategies were really well done. The 2nd part, feels less about gun fights and more desperate survival.

I do wished there were more about Kasuna being Teruterubouzu antics, but instead it was survival and warfare.
At least a lot of questions were answered.

Lol Kanta at the end, he really is the demon of the desert.

Users who are viewing this thread