My Hero Academia - Ch. 419 - Design

Double-page supporter
I remember when people were theorizing this was exactly what happened during Shigaraki's tragic flashback arc and it sounded too fucking stupid to be what really happened, but here we are, and it's just as fucking stupid as it sounded back then.

Dex-chan lover
I got no clue how this fight will end, but for the situation with Deku and his arms, I got a couple of ideas.

It's unlikely that Eri will be of any use, I feel like her appearance a couple chapters ago was just so Horikoshi could make that clear, since she doesn't have enough energy stored up to help him. It's possible that maybe Deku could sit by for awhile until she's ready to go, then she could restore his arms, considering how she was able to restore Mirio's quirk several months after it was lost.

That said I'm leaning more towards Deku just getting mechanical replacement arms. They could even be based on the specs and capabilities of the suit that All Might used against AfO. And as for Deku's future as a hero, that'll depend on whether or not he still has OfA which honestly it's hard to say. All the vestiges, including the first, are all gone now so that could mean OfA is gone with it, unless perhaps Deku is back to how he was before, only having the super strength and no other special ability.

But considering how Horikoshi initially wanted the story of MHA to be about a quirkless Deku becoming the number one hero, I'm leaning more towards him coming full circle and finishing the series quirkless, but still a hero and using armor based on what All Might used. Honestly though I'm not really a fan of that idea, since if the title of number one can be decided by whoever has the shiniest suit of armor, then that would really make it a super trivial thing, that hypothetically anyone could achieve.

It's also possible the Chisaki could factor into what will happen with Deku. Overhaul is an incredibly powerful quirk, and it could fix Deku right up. Chisaki still possesses it, he just can't use it cause he ain't got any arms. What they could do though is have Monoma copy his quirk and then use it to assist Deku and fix him back up. I do think this is a good possibility, since Deku and Chisaki did see eye to eye earlier in the series, with Chisaki agreeing to cooperate with him so that he could see his old boss again.

Aggregator gang
So the situation is obviously going to be fixed by the other half of Decay, the removed half that allows a reversal of its effects. I'm guessing Shigaraki gets to take over his body again once AFO is toast?

Contributor
I can't believe the author is actually going with the "Shigiraki did nothing wrong, he was mind controlled" angle. Is this the worst final arc in Shonen history?
Nah, that would be Naruto for going from “hey maybe our real villains are… the endless cycle of hatred?” to “SPAEC ALIENS”. And then whatever Boruto did after.

This is close though

Dex-chan lover
I can't believe the author is actually going with the "Shigiraki did nothing wrong, he was mind controlled" angle. Is this the worst final arc in Shonen history?
I don't really agree with that. It only shows that he was groomed to be a monster. This isn't depicting that he did nothing wrong, only that he was manipulated to be that way instead of doing it all on his own. He still did terrible things out of his own free will, but the root cause is not the world or society but AFO.

Dex-chan lover
I can't believe I'm hyped to see the tape man, the sugar man, and the tail man. We're close to the end, but we haven't seen Eri yet again. Perhaps she will end the fight, or at least heals Deku's arms.

Dex-chan lover
The word you are looking for is manipulation not mind control, no matter what Afo says, Shigi was left alone many times to do whatever he wanted.
The only thing this shows is that he could've been a hero if not for Afo getting in the way.

Also bleach and attack on Titan already took the spots of worst endings, not sure which one did it worse

Dex-chan lover
in shonen history is so damn broad that I'm forced to say no
like, how many series had super rushed conclusions that felt hollow cause they were cancelled before they could even gain any momentum?
hell, how many long running series with significant momentum manage to trip themselves up at the finish line?
this final arc is dragged out to hell and back but that just makes it tedious, not literally the worst

Dex-chan lover
in shonen history is so damn broad that I'm forced to say no
like, how many series had super rushed conclusions that felt hollow cause they were cancelled before they could even gain any momentum?
hell, how many long running series with significant momentum manage to trip themselves up at the finish line?
this final arc is dragged out to hell and back but that just makes it tedious, not literally the worst
I am getting pretty annoyed with this series, but it's definitely far from the worst.

I don't really keep up with the grand majority of shonen manga, but what's been going on with Jujutsu Kaisen should be a crime. That one's final arc is a whole lot worse than MHA's.

Honestly MHA's ending feels a lot like Naruto's, where they dragged that one on as long as possible it felt like. Then you have Bleach which had a god awful ending, with it effectively cancelled, Kubo being given a handful of chapters to wrap everything up, and even then it was gonna be an especially garbage ending since the second to last chapter would have effectively been the conclusion to over a decade's worth of work and devotion. An ending where the MC and those close to him aren't even shown. The only reason why we have the last chapter that we have now is because of the fan response to the cancellation, which got Shonen to let Bleach get one more chapter, which is why there was a few weeks in between the release for those chapters.

Fortunately when it comes to MHA, I do think the ending is something Horikoshi has full control of in comparison to what happened with Bleach. It's ratings and sales are in a much better place, to where unless things go South, Horikoshi should be able to tell all that he wants to with the series and its ending.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, He just kept pushing that shit with shigariki crying. it was inevitable.

Double-page supporter
Oh god this entire Shigaraki plot is do dumb, the chapter end was cool though, just punch him now please

Fed-Kun's army
This is dumb

This was a dumb narrative choice

Also is the kid in the flashbacks supposed to be overhaul?

Did they just give him overhauls power but without the ability to put it back together?

Users who are viewing this thread