Kanan-sama wa Akumade Choroi - Ch. 91 - Miel’s Secret Eats

Dex-chan lover
Jesus Christ, out of every person in Japan to have a “bumping into with toast in mouth” situation, of course it had to be the MC.

I don’t get it. If you’re going to dedicate to much time to these new character how hard is it to also introduce different guys? This used to be a normal thing in anime and manga. You’d end up with an amazing diverse cast of characters who had different relationships with each other…

Think of all the amazing Romance Comedies manga’s from the 90’s and 2000’s where having a full cast of characters gave life and brevity to the series instead of this blind MC worship built from random small acts of kindness without romantic intent.

Let people fall in love. The first Girl will get that treatment, they usually get 10-12 issues before the second girl comes but after that it just repeats. We get to maybe a kiss and here comes another girl to restart the chase. And this whole time you could just dedicate that time to introducing a new Dude to be a love interest.

The student council president could of been a easy love interest for the Angel Jeane if they decided to go that way, but she just has to be another super cute girl in love with the MC, and it hurts this series. Having the sister fall in love with the MC hurts this series. Having Jeane profess her love constantly hurts this series.

Is it just me? Sorry

Dex-chan lover
Jesus Christ, out of every person in Japan to have a “bumping into with toast in mouth” situation, of course it had to be the MC.

I don’t get it. If you’re going to dedicate to much time to these new character how hard is it to also introduce different guys? This used to be a normal thing in anime and manga. You’d end up with an amazing diverse cast of characters who had different relationships with each other…

Think of all the amazing Romance Comedies manga’s from the 90’s and 2000’s where having a full cast of characters gave life and brevity to the series instead of this blind MC worship built from random small acts of kindness without romantic intent.

Let people fall in love. The first Girl will get that treatment, they usually get 10-12 issues before the second girl comes but after that it just repeats. We get to maybe a kiss and here comes another girl to restart the chase. And this whole time you could just dedicate that time to introducing a new Dude to be a love interest.

The student council president could of been a easy love interest for the Angel Jeane if they decided to go that way, but she just has to be another super cute girl in love with the MC, and it hurts this series. Having the sister fall in love with the MC hurts this series. Having Jeane profess her love constantly hurts this series.

Is it just me? Sorry
Those still exist but this was definitely never gonna be a series with multiple male characters. And as far as I recall, it wasn't abnormal to have series like this in the 2000s.

Dex-chan lover

Is it just me? Sorry
Yes sir it is just you

Dex-chan lover

Is it just me? Sorry

But if they did that how would lonely incel weebs project themselves onto the MC and feed their harem delusions and desperate facade smugness?

Fed-Kun's army

Is it just me? Sorry
if youre trying to force that out of a creator that isn't interested in it you wouldnt like what comes out anyway. the series is fine. if yall want a series with more men in it, read a yaoi! tons of guys there. this manga is obviously based around women and i have no issue with the creator drawing more of what he likes, cuz its darn beautiful art.

Dex-chan lover

Is it just me? Sorry
yes it is just you. i have always hated shitty romcom mangas where the focus on side couples is so much. the manga doesn't need other sets of couples. in fact the more scene it takes away from the girls, the worse it is. the MC only really exists here to cause a competition or drama between the gals, the mc itself is unimportant ( which is why his design is so utterly bland). add in actual couples like a mid 2000s manga and it ruins the point.

Dex-chan lover
I mean... not really. The Harem Romcom has been a staple of manga for like 3 decades now, at least. Love Hina and Tenchi Muyo are olde schoole things. It's also been pretty established at this point that the demon family falling for the MC doesn't really impact their relationships. The Mother, for example, was more impressed and flattered. This sister finds him calming and sweet, like he's really her brother.

This series very much did shift, as it started off as the male lead being completely focused on the female lead, but now there's actual rivals. I get the annoyance, "good girl gets introduced just to have her heart broken" is the agony of following harem romcoms, but it's also part of the appeal. There's an investment people have in seeing a character they like be happy, and harem romcoms usually speedrun characterization for the new girl to make audiences fall in love with her. You root for the underdog and hope that the series ends in a way where she's happy too.

As someone ALSO rooting for Jeanne, I get it. I expect a polycule at the end of this, there's been too much foundation at this point. We're like 3 volumes too late to turn around and go "oh actually only Kanan wins the Kyogibowl"

Double-page supporter
The student council president could of been a easy love interest for the Angel Jeane if they decided to go that way, but she just has to be another super cute girl in love with the MC, and it hurts this series.
not sure why you would assume this isn't what's going to happen given that nonco is the writer and artist. the fact that there's only been women making out two or three times in 90 chapters has got to be some kind of interference by the editorial staff or an act of god

Man, a whole month wasted on side characters. I get that the author wants to milk it, but at least spread it out more.
I mean... not really. The Harem Romcom has been a staple of manga for like 3 decades now, at least. Love Hina and Tenchi Muyo are olde schoole things. It's also been pretty established at this point that the demon family falling for the MC doesn't really impact their relationships. The Mother, for example, was more impressed and flattered. This sister finds him calming and sweet, like he's really her brother.

This series very much did shift, as it started off as the male lead being completely focused on the female lead, but now there's actual rivals. I get the annoyance, "good girl gets introduced just to have her heart broken" is the agony of following harem romcoms, but it's also part of the appeal. There's an investment people have in seeing a character they like be happy, and harem romcoms usually speedrun characterization for the new girl to make audiences fall in love with her. You root for the underdog and hope that the series ends in a way where she's happy too.

As someone ALSO rooting for Jeanne, I get it. I expect a polycule at the end of this, there's been too much foundation at this point. We're like 3 volumes too late to turn around and go "oh actually only Kanan wins the Kyogibowl"
The thing is, it's not a harem romcom. We're 6 volumes in and no matter how much other girls try to throw themselves at him because they talked once, he still doesn't care about anyone that isn't Kanan. Dunno how many times he has to say it. But just like Jeanne in 89, harem proponents don't care about what he feels.

Dex-chan lover
But if they did that how would lonely incel weebs project themselves onto the MC and feed their harem delusions and desperate facade smugness?
Maybe one day you’ll stop being such a horrible judgemental person and just realize that people want to be loved. Smugness? You are the most smug motherfucker I’ve ever seen. And you’re throwing words around that only mean hate and bigotry and don’t have anything to do with who they are as a person.

There are no such thing as incels you tik tok brained monster. Just people with complicated issues, people, who are struggling with mental health issues. You need to stop lumping people into groups because it does nothing but make you a bigger bigot thinking there are “thems” to fight against.

You’ve made it pretty clear though. You’re just a bully. You’re a bully who doesn’t realize they are a bully, blinded by self justified mindset you didn’t even create, you just got influenced without knowing it by living on social media

Dex-chan lover

Is it just me? Sorry
It's a funny gag manga

Users who are viewing this thread