Kyuutei Kajishi no Shiawase na Nichijou: Black na Shokuba wo Tsuihou Saretaga, Ringoku de Koushaku Reijou ni Dekiaisarenagara White na Seikatsu Okuri…

Dex-chan lover
thank you for picking this up! The translation isn't that bad and the one gripe I have is the resolution lol
I'm not sure the issue is really the resolution. It looks jagged but not pixelated, like if someone did a quick and dirty color correction.

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't worry about the translation. Especially for MTL it was fine (I've seen a lot worse. At least this mostly feels like proper English and is easily readable for a native speaker)

I'm mostly just happy this got updated. I really like this title and it sucked seeing it sit untouched for so long by EveScans (who seem to be dead as of like 7 months ago). Really hoping we can get regular updates from here on out.

Fed-Kun's army
i keep wondering why are their prices like this? F rank sword? adventurers on a tight budget? 15k gold sounds a bit too much.
in the web novel it says that the materials are hard to find pretty much D rank and above are almost impossible to find

Dex-chan lover
Oh man I don't remember a single thing from this story

It may or may not be a nice thing, but there's not really a lot to remember. Fake (which is kind of an annoying name given the major premise of the plot) worked in a smithy in his home country but it was basically a black company and everyone there treated him like garbage and made him do all the work. One day the FMC Alicia comes and offers him a job in her home country, which allowed him to quit and not be afraid of his former employer's threats to have him blacklisted and rendered unemployable.

Alicia then reveals that part of the job besides being a blacksmith is to pose as her fiance because she doesn't want to be set up for other marriages (hence the issue with the MC's name being Fake since the term "fake fiance" comes up quite a bit and it gets a tiny bit confusing) and that she's... I forget what exactly. I don't think a princess but her dad is politically powerful. Like a Duke or Lord or something.

So most of of the story is just Fake making weapons while Alicia watches, and then selling them in the market where she helps with the mask and hood on and I think going by the name "Ali". It's also all but spelled out in conversations between Alicia and her head maid that for reasons we don't get to know her plan to have Fake pose as her fiance is actually just her way to indirectly be with him because she actually likes him but she can't bring herself to say that directly. So the whole time he holds back on flirting or getting too comfortable with her because he thinks it's an act but she's pressing forward because she wants it to be real.

that's like 90% of the plot aside from small bits of side-character stuff like those two adventurers or the merchant that bought all his wares this chapter or occasionally checking back in on his old employer where it turns out that Fake was basically keeping the smithy from falling apart because he's super-talented and they're all incompetent hacks. So his old boss recognizes that letting Fake go was a mistake and plots and schemes to get him back and work him to death because blah blah blah obviously evil black company boss etc.

Though really it's 9 chapters before this one and on the whole they're pretty short so you could probably speed-run them in an evening and get reacquainted. For a basic bitch black company/overpowered MC/FMC throwing herself at him plot it's a reasonably charming SOL story.

Dex-chan lover
It's unfortunate that the series is on hiatus, but as long as there are chapters that are still out there, I'll anticipate waiting for the next TS. Thanks for picking it up after all this time.

Users who are viewing this thread