Danshi Kokoseidakedo Gyaru ni TS Shimashita - Ch. 3

Aggregator gang
to be fair, if every manga with the genderswap premise is serious, most MCs of those stories will 100% need help mentally because like you said, they all had their entire life uprooted.

However, most manga with this premise is comedic, so we won't have to think about the reality and seriousness of the situation most of the time!!

Though there is a recent series that does tackle both the comedic and seriousness of the whole "suddenly got turned into the opposite sex" pretty well! Can't remember the name of it rn, but I will edit it once I do.
I did think about that as well, how many genderswap stories there are, but I think this one hits different for one reason. Most other stories, at least that I've read, have the main character feel like something is wrong. Something is missing in their life, or not happy with their life, or just desiring some kind of change. Some series even have the main character opening up with "I'd love to become the opposite gender." This guy, though, seemed pretty satisfied with his life. There was no expression of needing anything to change, so the transformation not only uprooted his life, but uprooted his seemingly fulfilling life.

If, somewhere down the line, he shares with the audience that he wasn't actually content in his life, and that this might actually be better for him, then great. Until then, though, this just seems like the God and his mother are ruining his life without his consent, not even seeming to care. Obviously, it's a comedy series, so it's played out for laughs, but it doesn't change how kind of cruel the situation is.

Dex-chan lover
Waiting for a later chapter where the Gyaru god turns him back into a guy and he has to be the only guy in an all gyaru school and then an even later chapter where the gyaru goddess makes him choose between between a boy or a gyaru and he picks gyaru lol

Dex-chan lover
I did think about that as well, how many genderswap stories there are, but I think this one hits different for one reason. Most other stories, at least that I've read, have the main character feel like something is wrong. Something is missing in their life, or not happy with their life, or just desiring some kind of change. Some series even have the main character opening up with "I'd love to become the opposite gender." This guy, though, seemed pretty satisfied with his life. There was no expression of needing anything to change, so the transformation not only uprooted his life, but uprooted his seemingly fulfilling life.
damn, where do you find those? Most stories I've read people either turned into a girl/boy randomly without rhythm or reasons and definitely not what they want or even expect. (not counting the isekai story where the MC got turned into a girls for no reasons btw)

like this for example

Though most genderswap stories I read usually lean more onto the serious sides of things: here (1) are (2) some (3) examples (4)
EDIT: actually, (3) is bodyswap but the whole "holy shit I'm now the opposite sex" thing is also there.

Also this series is new but it handles the comedy and the seriousness of the situation quite well.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
"There's nothing there to stand up"
But I guess the Gyaru God will give back his penis at some point of time, to mess with him.
Right when he becomes comfortable with being called she and gets a hot lesbian gyaru gf. The perfect timing and all.

Dex-chan lover
On page 4 of chapter 1, the protagonist expressed a wish to be born as a girl because they envied female friendships so much. Their life was also explicitly shown to be extremely unfulfilling, as the protagonist was an awkward mess with seemingly no friends. Like I genuinely wonder if you got this manga confused with another one.

Dex-chan lover
Gyaru principal
Gyaru teacher
Gyaru primary school
Gyaru cafeteria auntie
So much possibilities!

Thank you for translation

Ah yes! I'm neither a big fan of genderbend nor do I dislike it but after loving Gal Gohan I will without hesitation start reading anything from Taiyou Marii. Such cute characters and interactions already. Can't wait for more! I will definitely buy the manga when it releases! :D

Users who are viewing this thread