No Home - Ch. 249 - Eunyung Baek 2 (3)

Power Uploader
I don't even know what to say about this chapter, but I'll try anyway.

What grinds my gears about the ancestors is that neither, not even the egg donor, shows the slightest hint of remorse. She's obviously not as bad as the sperm donor, but she's got some nerve trying to give him motherly advice when that train has long left the station and is not coming back.

However, while she's the wrong person to be spewing advice to him, she's objectively right, and I think what she's right about is the tune of this arc: Eunyung's transition into adulthood is going to be hard.

And that's also why Eunyung arcs are more common than Haejoon arcs: Haejoon has some serious mental issues related to guilt, but he's a rather well-rounded young man, with sense to spare. But due to a total lack of adult guidance for so many years, Eunyung only has his good temperament and the wish to be better to go by. He's still a teen, still inclined to instant gratification, and he wants to enjoy his financial freedom now.

Yes, he needs to learn to save for a rainy day. Yes, his looks won't last forever. But he will never "get it" if the ones trying to reason with him about these things are sorry excuses for human beings who failed him at every turn.

The good omen is that Haejoon (and maybe even Juwan) has noticed the signs of recklessness in Eunyung's money management. I think now's the time for Haejoon to be the big brother again.

But first, we need to get rid of the nuisances. I hope Eunyung has realised that hiding his "family" mess from school and friends creates more problems than it solves, and decides to come clean and tell everyone who needs to know, "I'm not in good terms with these two, and they don't speak for me."

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I don't even know what to say about this chapter, but I'll try anyway.

What grinds my gears about the ancestors is that neither, not even the egg donor, shows the slightest hint of remorse. She's obviously not as bad as the sperm donor, but she's got some nerve trying to give him motherly advice when that train has long left the station and is not coming back.

However, while she's the wrong person to be spewing advice to him, she's objectively right, and I think what she's right about is the tune of this arc: Eunyung's transition into adulthood is going to be hard.

And that's also why Eunyung arcs are more common than Haejoon arcs: Haejoon has some serious mental issues related to guilt, but he's a rather well-rounded young man, with sense to spare. But due to a total lack of adult guidance for so many years, Eunyung only has his good temperament and the wish to be better to go by. He's still a teen, still inclined to instant gratification, and he wants to enjoy his financial freedom now.

Yes, he needs to learn to save for a rainy day. Yes, his looks won't last forever. But he will never "get it" if the ones trying to reason with him about these things are sorry excuses for human beings who failed him at every turn.

The good omen is that Haejoon (and maybe even Juwan) has noticed the signs of recklessness in Eunyung's money management. I think now's the time for Haejoon to be the big brother again.

But first, we need to get rid of the nuisances. I hope Eunyung has realised that hiding his "family" mess from school and friends creates more problems than it solves, and decides to come clean and tell everyone who needs to know, "I'm not in good terms with these two, and they don't speak for me."
... The hell?

You just... Either have a narrow reading (which is fine), or you actually didn't read.

Neither showed the slightest bit of remorse? Did the text messages not evidence that explicitly? Did the mother saying the father really regrets it not explicitly say that he shows remorse?

You fundamentally ignored that.

Let me be clear. Eunyung doesn't have to forgive them. He doesn't have to accept them. They might not be deserving of any of that. But you are outright lying when you say neither of them showed any remorse. They literally say it to his face as well as evidenced it through actions.

You're probably going to say that it doesn't go far enough, that it's too late now and that they don't deserve a second chance. Okay. Whatever. That's NOT my issue. It's that you directly said they showed no remorse when they clearly do.

---

This whole arc is a parallel to Haejoon's own arc with his father. And maybe it'll be that the parents want to try to be better. Maybe it'll be that they don't and are just being crap. I don't know. But the parallel to Haejoon is there.

Power Uploader
Neither showed the slightest bit of remorse? Did the text messages not evidence that explicitly? Did the mother saying the father really regrets it not explicitly say that he shows remorse?

You'll forgive me if I am sceptical of remorse shown only after Eunyung started making money enough to send it to them.

But even so, is it really "remorse"? I haven't seen the magical word come out of any of their mouths yet. You know, the one that begins with "s" and ends with "orry". At least not after they kicked him out of home.

All I've seen is the mother giving him unrequested advice (hypocritical, too, since she doesn't mind him giving them money, it's just lending it to other people that's a problem), and telling him she's proud almost as an afterthought, or to prevent him from outright leaving. I share some of Eunyung's relish in telling her he's spending so much on his shoes (probably more than he's sending them). Is it mature? No, but neither have his biologicals done much during their time with him that can be classified as mature.

As for the father, he's being totally creepy with his messages. The one last chapter when he said he'd started to work out was really out of left field. Like, you kicked him out of the house after years of abuse, and now you think making small talk via instant messaging is gonna cut it? Even as an act, that's bad, and Eunyung knows one or two things about acting.

If you don't think this is just kissing up to him now he's doing well, suit yourself. I for one am not going to engage in a dozen-comment long exchange to advance my views. But your bar for genuine remorse (or remorse, period) is clearly lower than mine. "Which is fine."

This whole arc is a parallel to Haejoon's own arc with his father.

Haejoon's father had been absent. He had the benefit of the doubt. I was right about him, but it would've been fine to be wrong. Eunyung's biologicals are definitely the devils we know.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah I'm 99% sure it'll be exactly like Haejoon father, they're playing nice for their own interests, they didn't change and are still the same shitty parents.

Actually, it's funny you mentioned Haejoon father, because the story has a pretty clear constant, truly shitty parents don't get better, they don't change, we saw that before, you thinking now it'll be different is hilarious since Eunyung parents are  the most abusive parents in the story.

They're just gaslighting him like they always did, playing nice because now they have something to get from him.
If they truly regretted anything they would have done something before Eunyung started getting his life on track and made money.
Fuck both of them.

Dex-chan lover
You'll forgive me if I am sceptical of remorse shown only after Eunyung started making money enough to send it to them.

But even so, is it really "remorse"? I haven't seen the magical word come out of any of their mouths yet. You know, the one that begins with "s" and ends with "orry". At least not after they kicked him out of home.

All I've seen is the mother giving him unrequested advice (hypocritical, too, since she doesn't mind him giving them money, it's just lending it to other people that's a problem), and telling him she's proud almost as an afterthought, or to prevent him from outright leaving. I share some of Eunyung's relish in telling her he's spending so much on his shoes (probably more than he's sending them). Is it mature? No, but neither have his biologicals done much during their time with him that can be classified as mature.

As for the father, he's being totally creepy with his messages. The one last chapter when he said he'd started to work out was really out of left field. Like, you kicked him out of the house after years of abuse, and now you think making small talk via instant messaging is gonna cut it? Even as an act, that's bad, and Eunyung knows one or two things about acting.

If you don't think this is just kissing up to him now he's doing well, suit yourself. I for one am not going to engage in a dozen-comment long exchange to advance my views. But your bar for genuine remorse (or remorse, period) is clearly lower than mine. "Which is fine."

Haejoon's father had been absent. He had the benefit of the doubt. I was right about him, but it would've been fine to be wrong. Eunyung's biologicals are definitely the devils we know.
Let me give some context for why I say the things I say. I worked in child abuse and family welfare for a few years. Am I going to say I'm an expert? No. Am I going to say I've seen hundreds of cases? Yes.

And a lot of them are bad. A lot of them have bad parents. Eunyung's parents up until this arc? Stereotypically bad.

But have I also seen cases where the parents seemed like they wanted to make a genuine effort even though they had been horrible before? Yes. Definitely I've seen that.

And you know what that looks like? Somewhat similar to the trappings here. And I specifically say trappings because I have also seen parents fake it.

Yeah I'm 99% sure it'll be exactly like Haejoon father, they're playing nice for their own interests, they didn't change and are still the same shitty parents.

Actually, it's funny you mentioned Haejoon father, because the story has a pretty clear constant, truly shitty parents don't get better, they don't change, we saw that before, you thinking now it'll be different is hilarious since Eunyung parents are  the most abusive parents in the story.

They're just gaslighting him like they always did, playing nice because now they have something to get from him.
If they truly regretted anything they would have done something before Eunyung started getting his life on track and made money.
Fuck both of them.
The hell? Juwan's mom. Marie's dad. Even more explicitly Marie's dad. Haejoon's uncle.

See above for my perspective.

And as a realistic thing, what, if they said out loud sorry, do you think Eunyung would believe them? Would you believe them? You'd probably think they're still lying. Which could be true.

But the problem is both of you made up your mind BEFORE seeing anything else.

Dex-chan lover
The hell? Juan's mom. Marie's dad. Even more explicitly Marie's dad. Haejoon's uncle.

See above for my perspective.

And as a realistic thing, what, if they said out loud sorry, do you think Eunyung would believe them? Would you believe them? You'd probably think they're still lying. Which could be true.

But the problem is both of you made up your mind BEFORE seeing anything else.
I'm the one who say the hell.
Juan mom you can't even say she was abusive, she was at worst a helicopter parent and they talked about it and she got better.
Neither was Haejoon uncle abusive, where the hell was he ever abusive?

Marie father is abusive and didn't change, he's from an abusive family, abused his own sister, and ignored his daughter being abused by her brother, it's downright offensive that you lumped them all together.
Only reason he let her go to the dorm is because his sister made him realize one day Marie will wake up and get tired of his shit.
Which she arguably already did going by the face she makes after he signed the paper so she goes to the dorm.
The family is so abusive his wife and sister completely cut them of their lives.

No, you're the one making shit up, not only is Eunyung father only paying lip service to get what he wants, he outright goes and invade Eunyung dorm to force him into a situation.
And his mother is a hypocrite fool who is delusional enough to think she gets to give opinion on his life after all she did.

Honestly, it's baffling how you're defending the two most garbage people in the entire series, to the point I feel you're projecting your own feelings instead of thinking of the actual story.

Actually, don't even bother replying to me, I don't care about pathetic excuses to defend abusive parents that are doing the literal bare minimum and expect to be rewarded for it.
If they're serious, because going by the series track it's 99.9% sure they're just lying and you're being delusional about it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm the one who say the hell.
Juan mom you can't even say she was abusive, she was at worst a helicopter parent and they talked about to and she got better.
Neither was Haejoon uncle abusive, where the hell was he ever abusive?

Marie father is abusive and didn't change, he's from an abusive family, abused his own sister, and ignore his daughter being abused by her own brother, it's downright offensive that you lumped them all together.
Only reason he let her go to the dorm is because his sister made him realize one day Marie will wake up and get tired of his shit.
Which she arguably already did going by the face she makes after he signed the paper so she goes to the dorm.

No, you're the one making shit up, not only are Eunyung father only paying lip service to get what he wants, he outright goes and invade Eunyung dorm to force him into a situation.
And his mother is a hypocrite fool who is delusional enough to think she gets to give opinion on his life after all she did.

Honestly, it's baffling how you're defending the two most garbage people in the entire series, to the point I feel you're projecting your own feelings instead of thinking of the actual story.

Actually, don't even bother replying to me, I don't care about pathetic excuses to defend abusive parents that are doing the literal bare minimum and expect to be rewarded for it.
If they're serious, because going by the series track it's 99.9% they're just lying and you're being delusional about it.
Don't bother replying to me. I don't want to hear from the actually experienced person how I'm wrong. I don't want to actually listen and hear why I'm being crap. That's you. That's what you're doing.

Lump Marie's father in with the rest. He got better because of his sister. Yes. Explicitly yes. You know what could also make a parent want to get better? Maybe their child doing better without them makes them realize they were crap. Maybe it makes them want to just leech off the child. Both are possible. You ignore one possibility and say only one is possible.

I hate to pull this card, but you're just wrong. Real life shows that it is possible. But you want to ignore real life. Don't reply to me because I don't want to hear about real life. That's you.

And to be clear, I have repeatedly and explicitly said they could still be bad. But you just want to ignore that and real life.

jeez... i wish the teacher wouldnt let his dad in if eunyung doesnt want him to be there. how are the dorms going to be safe space for students if the teachers just let parents in without consideration of their home lives?

theres nothing wrong with eunyung making amends with his parents, i guess... IF and only IF its what he wants to do, and especially only if his parents have actually changed.

if your kid doesnt respond to your messages because youve been a dick to them all their lives, dont show up to their dorm uninvited. some people say this is parallel to haejoons father, but it reminds me more of juwans mom (despite their parents being VERY different).

if eunyung wants to talk to his dad, he'll respond to his messages. if not, then he has to accept that his child doesnt want to speak to him anymore and respect his wishes. if he really wanted to make amends, he would listen to/ consider how eunyung feels.

Dex-chan lover
jeez... i wish the teacher wouldnt let his dad in if eunyung doesnt want him to be there. how are the dorms going to be safe space for students if the teachers just let parents in without consideration of their home lives?

theres nothing wrong with eunyung making amends with his parents, i guess... IF and only IF its what he wants to do, and especially only if his parents have actually changed.

if your kid doesnt respond to your messages because youve been a dick to them all their lives, dont show up to their dorm uninvited. some people say this is parallel to haejoons father, but it reminds me more of juwans mom (despite their parents being VERY different).

if eunyung wants to talk to his dad, he'll respond to his messages. if not, then he has to accept that his child doesnt want to speak to him anymore and respect his wishes. if he really wanted to make amends, he would listen to/ consider how eunyung feels.
I disagree on some points but overall do like your post and did thumbs up it.

To the teacher letting the father in, I have to assume that the teacher...recognized the father. I think that's reasonable to say they've met before and that it was an okay-wish meeting. Eunyung all but explicitly has hidden his family issues. Which is fine. I don't blame him. But in the same way, the teacher, who has presumably met the father before, wouldn't know of any issues and would reasonably invite the father inside. In the eyes of the teacher, Eunyung could just be throwing a tantrum because the teacher would have no additional information. The teacher may have seen other students do similar things too.

I agree with the parallel to Juwan's mom, but apparently T-sama would hate that.

On the last point, eh. Like, Eunyung is still legally the father's charge. The father has a responsibility towards him. And yes, very definitively, he has failed in that responsibility so far. But it's a continuing responsibility. I don't blame Eunyung for ignoring him and telling the mother to tell him to stop. IF the father is actually putting forth an effort, though, I don't necessarily blame the father for trying. It's an if.

Don't bother replying to me. I don't want to hear from the actually experienced person how I'm wrong. I don't want to actually listen and hear why I'm being crap. That's you. That's what you're doing.

Lump Marie's father in with the rest. He got better because of his sister. Yes. Explicitly yes. You know what could also make a parent want to get better? Maybe their child doing better without them makes them realize they were crap. Maybe it makes them want to just leech off the child. Both are possible. You ignore one possibility and say only one is possible.

I hate to pull this card, but you're just wrong. Real life shows that it is possible. But you want to ignore real life. Don't reply to me because I don't want to hear about real life. That's you.

And to be clear, I have repeatedly and explicitly said they could still be bad. But you just want to ignore that and real life.
Sorry to butt into stuff but man, i get the feeling that them not wanting to read anymore of your messages is more so because it's tiring to get into arguments like that.

I mean nothing bad really just pointing out what i see, but anytime there's an argument in here it looks to me like you point flaws at people's interpretation of the story. If you want to discuss that for sure that can be interesting but what it seems like you're doing is just thinking and saying your interlocutor is wrong and your view is more nuanced more right etc even though this webcomic is full of nuance and such in its direction and presentation IMO, like when most of the story tries to subvert your expectations, then what's the point in vehemently defending a point of view at the start of a storyline ?? Done that twice?
The comments are not a contest to see who's got the broader perspective, but also if it's really only about pointing flaws at people's narrative, do you reckon you're just as prone to biases as others ? It is useful to be conscious of that.

For sure it's always an interesting thing to have experience in whatever subject is getting brought into the story, that doesn't mean you're better at reading into the author's intentions and you should be aware of that. Especially about that parents showing remorse and saying sorry part. You can be inclined to think they do show remorse, some think they don't, but how come you're so confident about your perspective that you can say your interlocutor is outright lying to say the parents don't show remorse ? You don't know about that just as much as every other readers.. For every possible hint they show remorse, there's just as many elements of the story that could indicate the opposite. And if you don't believe me then I urge you to reread the chapters. Why is it so worth defending one reading of the story's events against an other one, to the point of getting rude..

And so for sure it doesn't do any harm the explore what's possibly coming up in the next chapters, but if you want other people to consider it as well, do you really think you being lowkey rude about it would helps ? "you may have narrow reading" "didn't read", lied, you're just wrong etc. Do you think people would love to debate the topic when you're not being respectful of their own perspective ? Do you think that your experience in the topic gives you any right to act like you read the situation better ? We're not in real life, this is a story and there's an author behind the information you're being presented. Please think about this, because if that's a nuanced discussion you want it's way possible, just not gonna happen with that kind of demeanor.

Also "I agree with the parallel to Juwan's mom, but apparently T-sama would hate that." just wanna point out that you brought up other parents as examples in order to respond to "truly shitty parents don't get better". If this is the case then this is a pretty careless misinterpretation of the person's comment, because who in their right mind would describe them as truly shitty ? This was a reach and it's the basis for more pointless arguments even though I'm pretty sure there is no disaccord on the case of these parents. This is a normal thing to misread and such, but how would you feel about it if I said you lack reading skills or something icky like that ?

Well sorry if this is going overboard but i've been itching to say something. Hope you'll consider the things I said in favor of a more respectful and pleasant comment section cuz when a new chapter comes out i like to read people's reactions, not much so the pointless arguments where no one would even consider changing their minds.

Aggregator gang
why is it when i come here the hanako fp person keep picking fights with everyone. jesus.

anyways, my jaw dropped in shock when the mom started berating his spending— she's right, eunyung should save but it's such an Asian mom to do, give advice never say sorry.

but i understand eunyung's perspective, he never got to indulge spending like this because of his family so he's making up for it in extreme ways— a lot of people i know go through this at their first jobs, but it peters out eventually. unfortunately for eunyung his job isn't as stable as my colleagues because he's still in school.

Dex-chan lover
Sorry to butt into stuff but man, i get the feeling that them not wanting to read anymore of your messages is more so because it's tiring to get into arguments like that.

I mean nothing bad really just pointing out what i see, but anytime there's an argument in here it looks to me like you point flaws at people's interpretation of the story. If you want to discuss that for sure that can be interesting but what it seems like you're doing is just thinking and saying your interlocutor is wrong and your view is more nuanced more right etc even though this webcomic is full of nuance and such in its direction and presentation IMO, like when most of the story tries to subvert your expectations, then what's the point in vehemently defending a point of view at the start of a storyline ?? Done that twice?
The comments are not a contest to see who's got the broader perspective, but also if it's really only about pointing flaws at people's narrative, do you reckon you're just as prone to biases as others ? It is useful to be conscious of that.

For sure it's always an interesting thing to have experience in whatever subject is getting brought into the story, that doesn't mean you're better at reading into the author's intentions and you should be aware of that. Especially about that parents showing remorse and saying sorry part. You can be inclined to think they do show remorse, some think they don't, but how come you're so confident about your perspective that you can say your interlocutor is outright lying to say the parents don't show remorse ? You don't know about that just as much as every other readers.. For every possible hint they show remorse, there's just as many elements of the story that could indicate the opposite. And if you don't believe me then I urge you to reread the chapters. Why is it so worth defending one reading of the story's events against an other one, to the point of getting rude..

And so for sure it doesn't do any harm the explore what's possibly coming up in the next chapters, but if you want other people to consider it as well, do you really think you being lowkey rude about it would helps ? "you may have narrow reading" "didn't read", lied, you're just wrong etc. Do you think people would love to debate the topic when you're not being respectful of their own perspective ? Do you think that your experience in the topic gives you any right to act like you read the situation better ? We're not in real life, this is a story and there's an author behind the information you're being presented. Please think about this, because if that's a nuanced discussion you want it's way possible, just not gonna happen with that kind of demeanor.

Also "I agree with the parallel to Juwan's mom, but apparently T-sama would hate that." just wanna point out that you brought up other parents as examples in order to respond to "truly shitty parents don't get better". If this is the case then this is a pretty careless misinterpretation of the person's comment, because who in their right mind would describe them as truly shitty ? This was a reach and it's the basis for more pointless arguments even though I'm pretty sure there is no disaccord on the case of these parents. This is a normal thing to misread and such, but how would you feel about it if I said you lack reading skills or something icky like that ?

Well sorry if this is going overboard but i've been itching to say something. Hope you'll consider the things I said in favor of a more respectful and pleasant comment section cuz when a new chapter comes out i like to read people's reactions, not much so the pointless arguments where no one would even consider changing their minds.
As you said, I've done this twice. Before that, I had made normal conversation about the chapters. Sometimes I made jokes about the characters or writing. Sometimes I just made observations.

...this very much sounds like a pot calling the kettle black situation, but in a weird way. Okay, yes, I'm saying people should have more nuanced opinions, as you said. And you're... Lightly criticizing me for that. But then you try to make your own nuanced position. My response is that nuanced positions are good. It's good to have discussions that bring out depth and thought. And yes, sometimes I am crap.

But your writing seems so self-contradictory. You even have to twist certain things to justify what you say. Here's a clear example.
For every possible hint they show remorse, there's just as many elements of the story that could indicate the opposite.

I agree! That means there's evidence for both, which is what I had indicated. And that directly goes against a person who says they showed zero hints of remorse. But then you...ignore what I wrote.
why is it when i come here the hanako fp person keep picking fights with everyone. jesus.

anyways, my jaw dropped in shock when the mom started berating his spending— she's right, eunyung should save but it's such an Asian mom to do, give advice never say sorry.

but i understand eunyung's perspective, he never got to indulge spending like this because of his family so he's making up for it in extreme ways— a lot of people i know go through this at their first jobs, but it peters out eventually. unfortunately for eunyung his job isn't as stable as my colleagues because he's still in school.
Because I'm having a conversation. I just pointed out how I've made other comments in other chapters. I've made jokes. I've made mundane observations. I've made stupid comments elsewhere.

---

This series looks like it's trying to be serious. I'm being serious in response to it. You may disagree with me. Okay, fine. I understand. But apparently some people have an issue that I'm taking this seriously and giving thought to it? And that I'm making comments?

Do you just want me to fall in line with some majority opinion even when there are clear issues, issues that I directly point out? I can do that. I can just ignore the issues I find. I've been silent on other chapters before.

But...people are complaining that I'm taking this seriously. To quote kirantine, Jesus.

Dex-chan lover
The worst part is that she works while her husband stays home being a useless drunk, she's literally the last person who can't judge him.
I have my suspicion that Eunyung bought those shoes just to annoy her or lied about the price, it's the kind of thing he would do, like how he kept playing with his phone and ignored what she said.

Part of me dread what he'll do after coming so far, cause the situation his father created is the kind of thing that can undo a lot of Eunyung work to become a better person.
I trust the author to not make things worse, but part of me dread it anyway, I just want my boys to be happy :meguuusad:

Users who are viewing this thread