The Ancient Magus' Bride - Ch. 100

Dex-chan lover
jasmine mentioning not knowing anything about romance, they bout to fall for that monster huh? despite being clan of monster hunters haha

Dex-chan lover
This entire situation promises a lot of pain.

Just the fact that Lindel will be an enemy was already painful, but the scale of this will be scary, magic may be in decline... but the "gods" that we have seen, in their weakest state, still are terrifying.

The little eastern bird touched by fire really stirred things in the islands.

Dex-chan lover
Gonna be curious to see what Rian's mom (...we haven't met her at all yet, right?) has to say to Rian and Philomela.

This is probably too melodramatic a guess - especially for this early in the arc - but it would be funny if she's trying to force them into an arranged marriage. I thought it was kind of odd for the Scrimgeours to just adopt Philomela out of charity. You certainly get the impression that the Scrimgeours are less insane than the likes of the Sargants or the Rickenbackers, sure, but the general vibe all through the College arc was that none of the adults are altogether Okay, they're all caught up in rat races of power and status. Wouldn't really expect them to pick up another mouth to feed out of the goodness of their heart, but if there's Bloodline Fuckery involved, that would change the calculus a bit.

Dex-chan lover
jasmine mentioning not knowing anything about romance, they bout to fall for that monster huh? despite being clan of monster hunters haha
I got more of an impression she is aromantic so far. She was uncomfortable with the thought of being in a relationship, especially an arranged marriage. Still a maybe on the star-crossed pairing with a monster though.

Dex-chan lover
Isn't the Red Dragon the one on the Welsh flag ?
I was thinking that too. Red Dragon, British Isles, trapped/confined underneath the isles: probably the Welsh Dragon Ddraig Goch. Meaning there's probably gonna be another dragon, the White Dragon of the Anglo Saxons.

Considering their location, it's entirely possible the 'possibly' small dragon we got a glimpse of in the beginning and end of the chapter is the White Dragon instead of the Red Dragon.

Dex-chan lover
OMFG I just realized there's no link to ch. 97-98 on MD, so I accidentally skipped them. No wonder I thought I was missing something, it was two whole-ass chapters :notlikethis:
EDIT: Simulpubs are the bane of my existence, I can't even read those two chapters anymore... Anyone have any idea where I can read them?

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
90% of the ppl in this chapters have awful haircuts man. where tf is chise and elias? sorry but i don’t care about all these side characters 😭

Dex-chan lover
They should really start translating the preview texts.

"A small, weak beast...for now."

Users who are viewing this thread