Land of the Lustrous

I know I can't be the only one that thought this page

1MWTbMS_d.jpg

was a huge shout out/reference to Rao's death scene in chapter 136 of Fist of the North Star.

36851998_1725_2475_828634.webp

The same exact pose and what was being said by Phos earlier in this chapter reminded me so much of what Raoh said and did in the specific chapter I mentioned.

Thank you Haruko Ichikawa, very cool reference!

Finally phos died. Poor, always seeking to be validated by others. At least he had mental peace in the end.

It's been great, but it's finally over.
I'm saddened but Phos can now rest in a peaceful place.

First and second major arcs of the story were near perfect but the rest has all been a big mess
I honestly feel like the only reason chapters 98-108 felt so repetitive and difficult to read is that they were spaced out over two years of hiatuses. Resetting to chapter 90 or so and running through the last 18 chapters makes things piece together much better, and the pacing feels more intentional.

It's pretty difficult to come back once every 3 months and be presented with a bunch of (adorably scrungly) faceless rock creatures and try to make sense of what's going on, especially when all you can really remember of the last chapter is "it felt like things were pretty much wrapping up"

Double-page supporter
I honestly feel like the only reason chapters 98-108 felt so repetitive and difficult to read is that they were spaced out over two years of hiatuses. Resetting to chapter 90 or so and running through the last 18 chapters makes things piece together much better, and the pacing feels more intentional.

It's pretty difficult to come back once every 3 months and be presented with a bunch of (adorably scrungly) faceless rock creatures and try to make sense of what's going on, especially when all you can really remember of the last chapter is "it felt like things were pretty much wrapping up"
Yeah pretty much. I've been following it since the moon section & despite my great memory, this is the only manga I think I've ever completely got fucked over by the release schedule. i think even if I eventually reread the whole manga my problems will only feel more validating because I'll actually be able to explain properly what I dislike about everything post moon reveal, but it'll at least feel somewhat coherent in my mind unlike now.

We finally reach the end, after all these years. I don't know how to feel.

Users who are viewing this thread