Einen Koyou wa Kanou deshou ka - Vol. 2 Ch. 14 - The Life of a Person Without Magic

Really not enjoying his addition.. hoped he'd leave after this chapter, but for whatever reason she's bend on him staying (?).., also the fact SHE apologised to him kinda irked me too <_<
He's been essentially telling her "Your existence is pointless." for at least 2 chapters and i'm not even sure how much time that represents but it seemed to be a while. And what he said during their little argument shows that it was deliberate.

When she apologized i felt more than just a little irked. I'm mad. There is being kind and then there is being a doormat.

Dex-chan lover
He's been essentially telling her "Your existence is pointless." for at least 2 chapters and i'm not even sure how much time that represents but it seemed to be a while. And what he said during their little argument shows that it was deliberate.

When she apologized i felt more than just a little irked. I'm mad. There is being kind and then there is being a doormat.
seems mature to apologize, yelling or having an outburst (while justifiable by our modern standards) is probably seen as immature or out of place for women in this time period(early industrial western society), especially for a servant. Far cry from the early Lucielle however, she has grown significantly since her introduction in the early chapters.

Dex-chan lover
63ebdaa80e9efe9f1a282b1e_526_349_48553_by_wildtale_dgyxsxq-375w-2x.jpg

I am more inclined to agree with @miniongodking though for different reasons than the ones cited. To me, it didn't seem like she was apologizing for what she said or that she was angry, but rather how she expressed that.

But I don't have the energy to argue my case...

It would have been nice if she had just told him "Cleaning and doing chores is what Sensei hired me, not you, to do, and that is how I am able to live. If you take my work, you are not helping - you are taking over my job without Sensei's permission and making it so that I cannot earn my livelihood. I could lose my job as a result."

But given how this punk really doesn't care about Lucille, not even this would make it through his thick skull. 💀

Dex-chan lover
This resolution kinda annoys me, since even if we want a peaceful resolution, the endpoint was that he's now taking part in Lucille's chores, just not with magic. Which, I'm not convinced he won't use magic during that anyway, so this is still just him intruding on her space, just less so than before. I would've been more fine with it had he left the chores to her, and focused on doing actually magical things, like setting up more wards against the attackers / whatever actually needs magic to work, so that way they were actually respecting boundaries and not intruding on her space anymore.

Still holding out on my "he's actually scheming" guess from last chap (though he really seems to be more of a yandere child right now), if only because him being a schemer means he'll actually be likely to leave at some point, lmao.

Double-page supporter
As a tech worker, people in my line of job often think of making technology replace experts and artisans, and then feel offended when said experts and artisans express that they wish to not be replaced.

They just don't get it. For some, doing things themselves is their livelihood – their pride and joy.

Dex-chan lover
Lucille is a much better person than me I would've found it really difficult to try to be friendly with Ida after how he essentially just told her he thinks all non magic people are worthless.

Then again I am also like seeing some parallels with the magic world and the irl way people who are disabled (to varying degrees) are treated so one could say my nerves are being poked very heavily by Mr Howl's moving castle lookalike lol.

Users who are viewing this thread