Usuzumi no Hate - Ch. 19 - Sunflower

Double-page supporter
"I thought Androids would be more cold and scary... But you're warmer than I am. "

That line cuts so deep.

Dex-chan lover
Another sad chapter :(

I want to see them going past a field full of sun flowers that they've planted, when they return from their trip (hopefully all alive)

That would be a great farewell for the girl.

Dex-chan lover
i really love how this manga discusses the narrative of suicide not as an act of despair but as an act of free will
Nod nod, I do hate it, but I hate how people condemn it. I find it to be the last choice, it shouldn’t be done over small things, but over something that is going to happen. disease, an event that will be painful end, etc.

I find giving up and despair are terrible ones. While one’s chosen through free will aren’t. Warriors, people who don’t want to die from their own body, many others. We do already, are bodies. When a love one dies, a wife or husband, we die. We lost are other half, and usually we will follow soon after. To lose them is to lose yourself.

I’ll never directly do it.

Dex-chan lover
Nod nod, I do hate it, but I hate how people condemn it. I find it to be the last choice, it shouldn’t be done over small things, but over something that is going to happen. disease, an event that will be painful end, etc.

I find giving up and despair are terrible ones. While one’s chosen through free will aren’t. Warriors, people who don’t want to die from their own body, many others. We do already, are bodies. When a love one dies, a wife or husband, we die. We lost are other half, and usually we will follow soon after. To lose them is to lose yourself.

I’ll never directly do it.
there's a discussion among people with chronic illnesses that because of their conditions they tend to not be able to exercise their own agencies because either professionals and their loved ones end up being in control of their life regardless of what they have to say. and to them, one of the most important things they can have is to be able to make their own choices, be it to live the way they want, or to be able to choose how to die. and that it's important to have the option, even if nobody is taking it.

it's a conversation that stays with me for a long time

Dex-chan lover
i really love how this manga discusses the narrative of suicide not as an act of despair but as an act of free will
It is... a delicate topic, but I do agree that sometimes there are situations where just prolonging life can lead only to undesirable and unnecessary pain... and I say this resumed but with a LOT of thought and consideration.

This situation is one that I understand, but suicide still is something that should be dealt with a firm but gentle hand.

Users who are viewing this thread