NEET dakedo Hello Work ni Ittara Isekai ni Tsuretekareta - Ch. 55

Dex-chan lover
Wizard girl tried to get away from training. She failed. Poor Eli, you will be missed.

Whether people admire or look down upon one's motives is largely irrelevant for who wins. It's of course not what people want, and for that reason also something they might not expect.

He should have a fairly clear motivation if he feels he lacks one. There's that whole future thing. It might not be something he feels is in a future he can connect to, but it's there if he wants to aim for something.

Would be much funnier to see the others not being able to get up, rather than just being told about it.

That stepping thing seems a bit odd, since the speed you can move forward is dependent on your centre of balance relative to the rearmost point you can push from on the ground. Unless you can use magic to push against the air or shrink space so you don't have to move as far.

And for the normal version, normally you already have a foot forward, so you don't need to "step in" first. The reason you have a ready stance like that is so you can move immediately. Though there is an element of surprise if you stand with your feet next to each other.

Yeah, read it in a manga. Sounds legit.

It's not that you get an extra move, it's that you can move farther in the same tempo. And it's kind of hard to gain "a little bit" in each tempo over time, since you kind of have to match your opponent, or there will be a hit (or double). If you move faster, what's going to happen is that you're going to force your opponent to move less to keep up with you, which would keep them at the same tempo. So there's an advantage in the speed, but not as he explains it.

Dex-chan lover
Is the author still trying to play the pity card for Francesca after she jumped MC right after a fight in the arena? Get outta here with that shit.

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly if they don't either completely remove the bitch from the series or have him absolutely destroy her 1 sidedly to the point she doesn't show up anymore this is a garbage story "oh I'm gonna be friends with a chick that tried to kill me, wants to personally hurt my(is cat girl his wife or gf?) And is overall a horrible person that looks down on and belittles me and my party" like there is only so much doormat mc I can take (on top of the old dude that if he wasn't told to stop would have killed his entire party or beat them to the point of permanent damage...)

Dex-chan lover
condensation-thumb-1200w.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Wonder how many years will it take to beat the cowardice out of the MC. Yes I know some never are able to overcome their craving tendencies, but one would hope that after years of enduring abuse and gaining power, one could grow a strong enough spine not to instantly cower before their opponent.

Dex-chan lover
Being a bit faster gives you an extra move? Are they in a turn-based fight? lol
What I think he's TRYING to say is essentially 'up the tempo of your attacks little by little, and if your opponent can't match that increasing tempo, they'll continue to fall behind in reaction time bit by bit until you eventually get to a speed that they simply cannot react to and thus you get a 'free' move against that you can use for a killstrike.'

Of course this completely ignores the possibility of an opponent predicting your attacks or using strategies to disrupt your own tempo in favor of theirs, or cluing into your rhythm and simply catching you on the 'off-beat', or other such strategies, but basic manga like this tend to forgo actual critical tactical thinking in favor of 'more power/speed'.

Dex-chan lover
He should have a fairly clear motivation if he feels he lacks one. There's that whole future thing. It might not be something he feels is in a future he can connect to, but it's there if he wants to aim for something.

Would be much funnier to see the others not being able to get up, rather than just being told about it.

That stepping thing seems a bit odd, since the speed you can move forward is dependent on your centre of balance relative to the rearmost point you can push from on the ground. Unless you can use magic to push against the air or shrink space so you don't have to move as far.
1. If I recall correctly the Goddess who brought him to the world made it fairly clear that the "world ending" event was unavoidable and unstoppable. My take on this is something like she's explicitly going to "reset" the world or something similar. Could obviously be wrong, but that is what it felt like to me.

2. It's what they call "show, don't tell." Sadly the Mangaka did the opposite.

3. I mean, like I said last chapter (or before that) anything that someone does in a world of magic that cannot be explained (or replicated) in our world is clearly done with magic. Ignoring the whole "stats" thing for a moment, "physical strengthening" is obviously magic - using manga (I think this world uses mana?) to enhance physical abilities. So the rapid movement is likely utilizing mana as some form of propellant.

Dex-chan lover
Ngl that seems like a lot of bs explanation wise. Kind of like the author just gave kendo moves supernatural powers for no reason. At least if it there was Qi or something involved it would be more interesting.

Dex-chan lover
2. It's what they call "show, don't tell." Sadly the Mangaka did the opposite.
That's almost literally what I said.

3. I mean, like I said last chapter (or before that) anything that someone does in a world of magic that cannot be explained (or replicated) in our world is clearly done with magic.
But they tried to explain it with physics.

Dex-chan lover
That's almost literally what I said.

But they tried to explain it with physics.
Sorry, you're right, that is what you said.

I'm clearly not remembering the chapter then. ... So, I reread the chapter, and you are correct. Most of the time I usually chalk this up to the author being dismissive of explaining anything in the first place, but this is clearly explained as though it is simply "moving differently"...
Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread